General Tim Williams Vote of Confidence

Do you have confidence in Tim Williams leadership?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They do look a bit bleak but there are some big plus points as well - fan numbers are up, we have progressed from last season, we have brought in some great players and going forward with the stadium. We shouldnt forget these are important things.
And in spite of all of this, 97% of those that have voted want him gone, if he was at least semi-competent he shouldn't see those sort of numbers with all the positive aspects floating around the club, that to me shows just how toxic of a "leader" he has become.

For now, you’re quite right. But they’ve made no secret of the fact that the Oxford brand and name is what attracted them here. And as you’ve pointed out, it isn’t OUFC that makes Oxford famous internationally.

I quite suspect they’d rather get a nice new batch of the wealthy tourists coming to Oxford to look at twee Harry Potter sh*t and wealthy international student families in to our lovely new stadium each week than they would grumpy old veteran supporters who don’t want to spend £100+ at the ‘OUFC Megastore’ each visit then peruse the artisan wine vendors…

I’m not saying it’s a good plan for right now. But it’s the model & direction of travel. It’s what top end PL teams do. TW was part of the Man Utd regime which has ignored its supporters and let its first team rot whilst the club rakes in fortunes for more than a decade.
I see that OUFC is sponsoring the Oxford Literary Festival. I'm unclear as to how many extra season ticket holders that will bring in.

I see that OUFC is sponsoring the Oxford Literary Festival. I'm unclear as to how many extra season ticket holders that will bring in.
That's a free sponsorship granted to OUFC on account of the literary contributions of 240-odd Yellow's Forum contributors!

Numbers are looking pretty bleak for Tim.

Mind you it's still only 112 out of 1777 responses. @Carpy, do you have a figure for how many of the total users are still active for a better representation?
We cannot see the results of who voted last time, so cannot compare.

Many football supporters read .(Not all numpties)
Many residents of North Oxford also read( Not all Nimbys )
Maybe a meeting of minds .
Any publicity and all that .
Will be good to have the residents of North Oxford on side.

They do look a bit bleak but there are some big plus points as well - fan numbers are up
A fair bit of this seems to be driven by the fans and it's not a huge change from last season. I may be wrong but it seems we've also had most the teams who will bring big numbers already with Pompey, Derby, Bolton, Bristol Rovers, Reading, Wycombe etc all played. 5 home games left and 3 are against Fleetwood, Lincoln and Stevenage will drop that average a bit.
, we have progressed from last season
The season where we had a top 6 budget and nearly went down? I should hope so.
we have brought in some great players
After every window we'll think we've made some really good signings, it's the nature of football fans. I'm not sure any of our new signings would be comfortable in the Championship, a couple might get by. Also for every Leigh and Rodrigues there's a McEachran or Thorniley, plus we spent money on Woltman who is by all accounts way off what we need. We've not done badly in the market but I don't think it's the roaring success we mostly all thought it was earlier in the season (myself included).
and going forward with the stadium.
Planning has gone in several months late and a couple of months ago Tim softly mentioned in an Athletic article that we were looking into ground sharing if it's not done in time. Plenty of knowledgeable people on here suggest it won't be. Also we have no idea what it will cost, who will pay for it and how and how much we'll have to pay to play in it. I'm hard pressed to give them too much credit for this.

I know you are one to look on the positive side and fair play to you for that, if you're happy then that's the main thing at the end of the day as football should be a release and something to take pleasure from but there is a danger when you find yourself fighting to find positives at all times that you ignore what's happening in front of your face. You mention the poor communication and lack of support for Buckingham which I've banged on about for some time but we've also not mentioned the good staff who are deserting (Williams at the weekend, physio announced today) and generally the contempt the fan base is held in. He's clearly not a football man, the fiasco with the Beauchamp shirts is absolute proof that he doesn't get what drives a fan at this level, profiting off a legend like that was absolutely scandalous and I'm surprised not more has been made of it. I can't think we made much on that anyway, a normal price and a message of "we're donating £11 from every purchase to the Joey Beauchamp foundation" would have bought some goodwill among the fan base. Unfortunately you can't put that on a spreadsheet so it will mean nothing to him.

A fair bit of this seems to be driven by the fans and it's not a huge change from last season. I may be wrong but it seems we've also had most the teams who will bring big numbers already with Pompey, Derby, Bolton, Bristol Rovers, Reading, Wycombe etc all played. 5 home games left and 3 are against Fleetwood, Lincoln and Stevenage will drop that average a bit.

The season where we had a top 6 budget and nearly went down? I should hope so.

After every window we'll think we've made some really good signings, it's the nature of football fans. I'm not sure any of our new signings would be comfortable in the Championship, a couple might get by. Also for every Leigh and Rodrigues there's a McEachran or Thorniley, plus we spent money on Woltman who is by all accounts way off what we need. We've not done badly in the market but I don't think it's the roaring success we mostly all thought it was earlier in the season (myself included).

Planning has gone in several months late and a couple of months ago Tim softly mentioned in an Athletic article that we were looking into ground sharing if it's not done in time. Plenty of knowledgeable people on here suggest it won't be. Also we have no idea what it will cost, who will pay for it and how and how much we'll have to pay to play in it. I'm hard pressed to give them too much credit for this.

I know you are one to look on the positive side and fair play to you for that, if you're happy then that's the main thing at the end of the day as football should be a release and something to take pleasure from but there is a danger when you find yourself fighting to find positives at all times that you ignore what's happening in front of your face. You mention the poor communication and lack of support for Buckingham which I've banged on about for some time but we've also not mentioned the good staff who are deserting (Williams at the weekend, physio announced today) and generally the contempt the fan base is held in. He's clearly not a football man, the fiasco with the Beauchamp shirts is absolute proof that he doesn't get what drives a fan at this level, profiting off a legend like that was absolutely scandalous and I'm surprised not more has been made of it. I can't think we made much on that anyway, a normal price and a message of "we're donating £11 from every purchase to the Joey Beauchamp foundation" would have bought some goodwill among the fan base. Unfortunately you can't put that on a spreadsheet so it will mean nothing to him.
No, that's fair enough. It's difficult to argue too much against any of your points to be honest. The Joey Beauchamp thing is a disgrace.

The first two won`t for reasons of neutrality.

The third won`t because of the link to the second one. :ROFLMAO:
I'm not sure that the default OxVox position on anything is 'neutrality'. In fact, if enough people contact the committee asking for answers to specifics they will push the club on them.

I'm not sure that the default OxVox position on anything is 'neutrality'. In fact, if enough people contact the committee asking for answers to specifics they will push the club on them.

In terms of a vote on here there "organisational profile" will remain neutral.

If enough members contact Oxvox then they would ask the question.

As for Scotchers................ its a dilemma :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom