EFL Tonight's League 1 games

I'd actually like Wycombe to go up.
Not because I like them (I don't) or because Ainsworth's anti-football deserves rewards (it doesn't).

But because then we wouldn't have to play them next year. There is nothing worse in League One - in terms of raising blood pressure and making me angry - than playing Wycombe, and having them roll out the full menu of dark arts to frustrate us and **** up the game.

Yes, Sunderland, Wednesday and MK Dons/Rotherham would likely be tougher competition - but playing against them is much more fun and less aggravating than Wycombe.

I'd actually like Wycombe to go up.
Not because I like them (I don't) or because Ainsworth's anti-football deserves rewards (it doesn't).

But because then we wouldn't have to play them next year. There is nothing worse in League One - in terms of raising blood pressure and making me angry - than playing Wycombe, and having them roll out the full menu of dark arts to frustrate us and **** up the game.

Yes, Sunderland, Wednesday and MK Dons/Rotherham would likely be tougher competition - but playing against them is much more fun and less aggravating than Wycombe.
But come on Tony.
Your opening paragraph is exactly why Wycombe shouldn't go up.
I would rather us play Wycombe next season ( their spending is likely to go down) and beat them. Even if we have to put out our biggest clogged at the time and spoil the game.

It will be fascinating to see who gets the final three play off places with so many permutations possible. As well as promotion and relegation places at stack.

But come on Tony.
Your opening paragraph is exactly why Wycombe shouldn't go up.
I would rather us play Wycombe next season ( their spending is likely to go down) and beat them. Even if we have to put out our biggest clogged at the time and spoil the game.

So let's say it's Friday afternoon, and I'm bored in the office and looking forward to the weekend.......but I've forgotten who we're playing at the weekend, so I go online to check.

If I discover it's Sunderland or Wednesday, then I'm genuinely excited. Should be a good game, big crowd, decent atmosphere - one to look forward to.

If I discover it's Wycombe, I die a little inside at the thought of having to sit through 90 minutes of cheating, grabbing, diving, time-wasting and playacting drink breaks.

So if it's a choice, I'll take the former please. Even if it's bad for football as a whole, it's better for my mental health!

but I've forgotten who we're playing at the weekend, so I go online to check.

Dear me young man. The majority of people reading this will have decided you're not a true supporter and are researching the soundness of your posting history on Lord Robbo the living embodiment of Oxford United.

I just hope for your sake that they have Kentucky in Merica.

Hmm.

I want Rotherham up out of them and MK. MK is very local so guaranteed 2/3 thousand away fans whenever we play there.

As for the play offs.
Sheffield Wednesday would be my pick due to their giant budget. Sunderland if Wednesday don’t.

Plymouth & Wycombe, we’d have bigger budgets than both next season.
Maybe more than Wycombe but I think Plymouth would have a bigger budget than us if they’re in L1 next season.

what would be a good read would be the 400+ pages on the Sunderland forum saying how good they are and being 2-0 at half time, but then another 600 pages on the 2nd half on what a count Stockton is and how crap their team is and Neil should be sacked and a 100% team clear out as they’re a useless bunch of C***s, and this coming in the 90+ 4 min after the teleprinter goes into overtime saying GOAL GOAL GOAL…..Carl Stockton gets his 3rd with the last kick of the game and Sunderland drop to 7th.

Maybe more than Wycombe but I think Plymouth would have a bigger budget than us if they’re in L1 next season.

Why?

The Plymouth owner has been very controlled with finances, in a sensible way, from what I've read but could be wrong. Maybe @pafcprogs can clarify this?

Less than a handful of teams will have a bigger budget than OUFC next season.

Some big earners are off the books, we could well receive some big transfer fees, possibly even through Dickie being sold on by QPR.

And the owners want Championship football ASAP, we had a top 6 budget this season and it's being increased.

Next season is going to be ambitious, Robinson will have one of the best budgets in League One.

Some big earners are off the books, we could well receive some big transfer fees, possibly even through Dickie being sold on by QPR.

And the owners want Championship football ASAP, we had a top 6 budget this season and it's being increased.

Next season is going to be ambitious, Robinson will have one of the best budgets in League One.
I'm sure that's right. But the 3-5 with bigger ones will have *much* bigger budgets, surely - eg Sunderland, Ipswich etc.

Well someone has to ask this:

What happens if the stadium development doesn't go smoothly or even gets entirely derailed?

How do we deal with £20M+ of debt?

Why?

The Plymouth owner has been very controlled with finances, in a sensible way, from what I've read but could be wrong. Maybe @pafcprogs can clarify this?
I think this year their budget is there or there about with our budget but if they don’t get promoted I think their owner will see he has a decent squad, but with more they will be fighting for promotion next year, and with the teams that are joining us it’ll will be harder for promotion next season.

Sunderland, Wednesday, Derby (+ Ipswich)
Derby have about 5 contracted players and creditors to pay back, unless they want to start on another points deduction. They'll attract a good enough starting 11 to be a solid mid-table side but I can't see them being a big hitter next season. Ipswich proved that having to rebuild an entire squad requires patience for them to familiarise and work together.

Oetsnh

Lets hope

Back
Top Bottom