Turks v Taffs

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Weirdest thing was - he did it twice in a row. After the first time, did Turkey not think it might be a reasonable idea to not let him have a run on goal?

Kind of sums up the Turkish performance over the two games - they're rubbish. Turns out being big, bald and angry does not in itself make you an international level striker! But Wales were very good today, and deserve to be moving on.

Thought it was a really fun game in general - probably the one I've enjoyed most this tournament (though I didn't see the second half of the Dutch vs. Ukraine).

Illustrates, though, why the four team international group is an awesome format.
Yes, it maybe encourages teams to be conservative in their opening games.....but if you don't win your opening game, you damn well have to go for the win in your second. And then the third round of games can often be absolute carnage as multiple teams go hell for leather for the win. **** FIFA for getting rid of it for 2026.

Alexei Sayle is said to be devastated.

Look its the Left Wing Cancel Mafia. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

If you must know I had a very enjoyable football holiday in Istanbul.

Its only a game kids, doesn`t matter who wins as long as it is entertaining and it certainly was.
Yes we are the left wing cancel mafia. Not very successful are we, 8,000 posts and rising, and now you’ve got your own special little TV channel

Following Wales would be a bit like supporting Oxford, generally disappointing but exciting and with glorious moments. Following England is like supporting one of the perennially disappointing TV teams like Everton or Spurs.
[edit] but maybe this year will be different!

Because the Taffs hate the English, so feck em.
Also Scotland voted ro remain in the UK. There are quite a few Conservative politicians in Holyrood and Cardiff Bay. In fact there are more Conservatives in Cardiff Bay than Plaid Cymru members. So you're talking a fair amount of rubbish. Almost every English person I've known has been pleasant towards me.

Back
Top Bottom