Turks v Taffs

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Well I’m English, but I’ve lived in Wales for the last fifteen years and tonight I’m feeling oddly proud.

Welsh team illustrates the fun of international football.
Yes, their goal was a sublime piece of play from Real Madrid to Juventus. But playing just as well are guys from Bournemouth, Luton & Cardiff!

Bale is still clearly an excellent footballer - but his brain needs to catch up to the idea that his body ain't quite able to do everything it used to. That point in the first half where Wales had a 3 on 2, and he just tried and spectacularly failed to run past the Turkish defender was Exhibit A.

Another solid 45 minutes, and they'll most likely have punched their ticket to Round 2......

Well I’m English, but I’ve lived in Wales for the last fifteen years and tonight I’m feeling oddly proud.
I’m half Welsh but not because of that out of the U.K. if I have to support another team in the U.K. it won’t be the jocks or the northern Irish

Bale hasn’t been great, two times good passes were on for players in space and he tried and failed to take the defender on. And that penalty was awful

Why are Wales being so passive here and inviting pressure? This Turkey side are garbage. They have nothing up front, leave gaping holes between midfield and defence and allow Ramsay to turn and go at them. Soyuncu is the only one holding it together.

Wales could and should be more than 1-0 up. If they blow it, it’s not through lack of ability but lack of belief. They’re better than Turkey and need that mindset to finish this game off.

Back
Top Bottom