Where to sit?

Yeah it's quite pathetic to be honest. I live in Brighton, so occasionally manage to go watch them play at the Amex, and I've always enjoyed how any homophobic abuse from away fans is met with a chorus of "youuuu're to ugly to be gaaaay!"
:ROFLMAO:

Yeah it's quite pathetic to be honest. I live in Brighton, so occasionally manage to go watch them play at the Amex, and I've always enjoyed how any homophobic abuse from away fans is met with a chorus of "youuuu're to ugly to be gaaaay!"
That is the worse retort in the history of football.

All football chants are pretty hilariously stupid.

A bit like wycombe singing that Oxfords a shithole or oxford singing "how was the championship" to Wycombe. Both are so dumb its funny.

No need to think about it all too deeply.

I think it’s funny and in a good spirit. Though you could argue that it perpetuates the stereotype that most gay men are fabulous disco bunnies rather than just a mixture of ordinary people, I guess.
I can’t see it, they might as well sing back “yes we’re gay, but we don’t fancy you”. That’ll show em!
I suppose the chant makes sense when you consider they adopted the nickname seagulls as an attempt at humour in response to Crystal Palace being nicknamed the eagles. How is giving yourself a crap nickname a good idea or funny? Might as well be called the homosexual seagulls, kill two birds with one stone. Pun intended.

I can’t see it, they might as well sing back “yes we’re gay, but we don’t fancy you”. That’ll show em!
I suppose the chant makes sense when you consider they adopted the nickname seagulls as an attempt at humour in response to Crystal Palace being nicknamed the eagles. How is giving yourself a crap nickname a good idea or funny? Might as well be called the homosexual seagulls, kill two birds with one stone. Pun intended.

If they do call themselves that then I vote we nickname ourselves the bisexual Oxen.

I think it’s funny and in a good spirit. Though you could argue that it perpetuates the stereotype that most gay men are fabulous disco bunnies rather than just a mixture of ordinary people, I guess.
Of course, and I would say the people of this city are very well aware of the contradiction of their chant. I think it plays more on frustrating the stereotypically ignorant "bloke's bloke" who, upon hearing that one of their friends is gay, automatically worries that their friend finds them attractive.

A few concerns on Twitter about aggressive stewarding in North Stand yesterday v PAFC, and a few Plymouth fans getting seats in home areas. Anyone on here affected by this?

I sat SSU yesterday parallel with the goal the fence end. It must be where they put the players’ families and youth players because there were quite a few footballer wives looking types and their kids running around, they all seemed nice and family oriented. About 6 or so rows from the front were a group of wannabe casuals in fake lecoste caps/trainers throwing tantrums and strops, kicking and smashing the seats and shouting obscenities as they weren’t happy with the way Oxford were playing. They even “bantered” the youth lads by opining that thornely is crap and they could do better. I know a lot of Oxford lads and they’re all top fellas. This handful of knuckle draggers though? Won’t be sitting in that block again.

Also, getting served at HT was a joke. Some ridiculous policy of not serving booze before the HT whistle.

Paging @Manorlounger and the Supporters Panel.............. or email our SLO - its his job!
Dear Mr J.M. aka @Essexyellows given that you "follow" OUSP twitter, you will be well aware that the Supporters' Panel are already involved. You would also be well aware that the SLO has already responded and, despite being off work at this time, has taken action.

Dear Mr J.M. aka @Essexyellows given that you "follow" OUSP twitter, you will be well aware that the Supporters' Panel are already involved. You would also be well aware that the SLO has already responded and, despite being off work at this time, has taken action.

Not everyone "does" Twitter so I`m being helpful or so I thought. Duly noted.

I sat SSU yesterday parallel with the goal the fence end. It must be where they put the players’ families and youth players because there were quite a few footballer wives looking types and their kids running around, they all seemed nice and family oriented. About 6 or so rows from the front were a group of wannabe casuals in fake lecoste caps/trainers throwing tantrums and strops, kicking and smashing the seats and shouting obscenities as they weren’t happy with the way Oxford were playing. They even “bantered” the youth lads by opining that thornely is crap and they could do better. I know a lot of Oxford lads and they’re all top fellas. This handful of knuckle draggers though? Won’t be sitting in that block again.

Also, getting served at HT was a joke. Some ridiculous policy of not serving booze before the HT whistle.

Quite the write up. I take it you didn’t mention any of the above at the time??

Why were they wannabe? Did you speak to them?

Back
Top Bottom