Ex Player Yanic Wildschut

I thought Showpony was alright. We've had far, far better but also far, far worse.

I thought he just looked confused most of the time. "I used to play for River Plate in front of 50,000......what the hell am I doing in Shrewsbury on a Tuesday night?"

I thought he just looked confused most of the time. "I used to play for River Plate in front of 50,000......what the hell am I doing in Shrewsbury on a Tuesday night?"
Ramon Diaz thought the very same

Did he ever play in Stoke on a Tuesday?

Has signed for Exeter on a short term deal and started their game yesterday and got booked early on.

Last edited:
You have to admire the fact that he has maintained his fitness levels so that he could go straight into their starting eleven. He will arrive next Saturday with something to prove too (assuming that he's not injured of course)

On the strength of yesterday, Exeter fans seem to think he'll be a real asset for them - a physical versatile forward who just needs to get fully fit and re-discover that yard of pace.

In time they'll probably realise that (with all respect to Yanic) the fitness may come and go and the pace is not what it was.

As an aside, quite enjoyed this comment off their forum...

"He looks like he smokes 20 B&H a day at the moment, but hopefully he can cut down"

🤣 🤣🤣

I saw more of Yanic today than I ever saw when he played for us:ROFLMAO: Glad he's found regular football and seemingly free of injury now. Came very close to scoring also! No hard feelings with him whatsoever and it's a pity he got injured for us and wasn't able to truly get going. It's great he's overcome all that, relocated and still remained in League One.

I saw more of Yanic today than I ever saw when he played for us:ROFLMAO: Glad he's found regular football and seemingly free of injury now. Came very close to scoring also! No hard feelings with him whatsoever and it's a pity he got injured for us and wasn't able to truly get going. It's great he's overcome all that, relocated and still remained in League One.
I was sorry to miss this. Did he look fit and mobile?

I have absolutely no idea why some of our support were booing the bloke today. It's not as if he left on bad terms, or didn't make an effort for us. His best days are gone and he was injured as soon as we got him. He did look a bit fitter today, but apart from that one decent strike he looked as isolated and ineffective out wide as he did when he was playing for us.

I have absolutely no idea why some of our support were booing the bloke today. It's not as if he left on bad terms, or didn't make an effort for us. His best days are gone and he was injured as soon as we got him. He did look a bit fitter today, but apart from that one decent strike he looked as isolated and ineffective out wide as he did when he was playing for us.

Agreed the booing was just plain weird. Great save from Beadle for Yanic's shot.

Saw Sam Long make for him after the final whistle to catch up. He’s a class act.

The Ox Mail had an article about Yanic this week, with the picture being him celebrating his goal against Ipswich. Today he was visibly in FAR better shape than he was back in January. He clearly worked hard on his conditioning over the summer and he did look faster and more dynamic today than he did when playing for us.

Good save by Beadle to stop him scoring, and I thought he gave our back four a tough game in the first half before noticeably tiring - understandably so given his lack of regular football over the last 18 months.

I also didn’t get the booing. It didn’t work out for him here but he did nothing to agitate us, he wasn’t cheating or winding us up and seemed on good terms with several of our players too.

Last edited:
I think he'll do well for Exeter this season. Hopefully Murphy will for us or we let the wrong high wage earner go.

One of them is an oufc player who was on the pitch today and won't leave till January (at the very earliest)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom