Away Match Day Thread +++ 02/04/2018 Shrewsbury T v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

Didn’t expect anything from this game. This always looked like a home banker.
It feels worse because we’ve managed to lose by an odd goal.
Definitely a six-pointer next Saturday but no need for panic or overreaction after today’s game. Not that it will make a difference to some Id the doomsayers on here.

May as well flick a coin with the strikers next game, neither seem to be able to string two decent performances together.

neither seems to be able to string one decent performance together, a few minutes in a cameo role isn't good enough

Poor Karl - he can now see the real depth of the problems he has inherited. Will he bite the bullitt & drop our captain? Mousinho has been absolutely woeful for ages - hearts are in mouths everytime he has the ball. We cannot "magic" new players so I agree we have to get behind what we have - but time for KR to change the central defence.
I’d stick Martin in for Mous and tell him to just concentrate on clearing it as far as he can whenever it comes into our box. Nothing pretty, just no-nonsense defending. Mous just dicks about with it too much. It seems that Williamson’s time at the club is over, I’d be surprised if we see him in an Oxford shirt again.

Yes that's because we can all see that the difficult decision is to drop the captain!! Curtis will not play again this season - & there's no way he will want to play in League 2!

Was at the game and I thought we were poor today. Once again didn’t do enough to make their defenders work and were at sixes and sevens defensively. The Ruffels experiment did not work and Dickie had his worst game in a yellow shirt imo.

Although they are towards the top of the table I didn’t think they were fantastic, especially in comparison to when we saw them earlier in the season. When we got Rothwell on the ball in dangerous areas we always looked like we might create a chance, but those occasions were few and far between.

For the first time I am really, really worried. We have a defence that can’t defend, strikers that can’t score and a midfield that huffs and puffs but lacks pace and incisiveness.

We need a result against Oldham.

Oldham next, which means lots of balls into our box and fighting for the second ball. Two things we are p*ss poor at dealing with.

I thought ifollow was a blessing but if I'm honest, its been horrible watching us this season, found myself just sat there being angry at the tv for pretty much every game, the neighbours must think i need some anger management therapy.

My team for Oldham:

Eastwood
Kane Dickie Martin Rico
Napa Brannagan Lego Rothwell
Obika Wes

Napa to concentrate on running their fullback ragged so almost a 4:3:3. Might leave Kane a little exposed but we need to get on the front foot and get amongst the goals. We’re at home ffs..

Also, if we’re on top, Rothwell can cut inside and allow Rico to overlap

Oldham next, which means lots of balls into our box and fighting for the second ball. Two things we are p*ss poor at dealing with.

Is it fair to say that Oldham need to beat us more than we them; so they’re less likely to park the bus than in previous years? Especially being in better form than we are?

Could be an open game with >3 goals in it.

Just need to keep praying that by the end of the season there are still 4 teams more s**t than us.

Get a win and a draw from our next 3 home games and perhaps those prayers will be answered.

COYY’s ... one final determined push for the points!!

It’s a f#cking cup final. We need to go in numbers and give all the support we can - with flags, banners and the ultras all giving it their all. Win it and things look so much better. I hope the club do a massive promotion on this game.

Can we not pretend it's a cup semi-final?

We're better at them.

Just need to keep praying that by the end of the season there are still 4 teams more s**t than us.

Get a win and a draw from our next 3 home games and perhaps those prayers will be answered.

COYY’s ... one final determined push for the points!!

There is Definitely 2 shitter than us. It’s the other two we have to hope don’t preform miracles. Northampton are dead and bury- ed. Mk show very little signs of life. Our saving grace could be the amount of games Rochdale have to play in a short time

Ricardinho has a clause giving him another year if he starts another league game. So unless KR suddenly decides he wants him around next term then it's going to be a ruffles or ASB from the start until the end of the season.

There is Definitely 2 shitter than us. It’s the other two we have to hope don’t preform miracles. Northampton are dead and bury- ed. Mk show very little signs of life. Our saving grace could be the amount of games Rochdale have to play in a short time
Apart from 10 points out of their last 5 games. I'm not too worried but MK just stuttered against a top draw Blackburn. I really hope they don't save themselves but they are looking the most likely recently.

Ricardinho has a clause giving him another year if he starts another league game. So unless KR suddenly decides he wants him around next term then it's going to be a ruffles or ASB from the start until the end of the season.

Interesting, depends how important you view having the bloke who is our best left back playing to our chances of staying up, as the difference in income in league one and league two will be a lot more Ricardinhos wages for a year.

Assume Robinson really doesn’t want him then if that’s the case, shame though as Ruffles isn’t a left back and Smith Brown isn’t good enough, weakens us in some massive games.

Back
Top Bottom