Away Match Day Thread +++ 04/01/2019 Brentford v OUFC (FACR3) Match Day Thread +++

I have to go back some years, to see what is categorical, a mess on and off the pitch. The manager does not and will not fill me with confidence. Tigers cryptic crap and what is going on behind the scenes, what are the other directors doing here? Oxbloggers emotion sickness as always is bang on read. I hope Baptiste's injury is not too serious? But with the footage I have seen, it looks bad. Get well soon Shandon and I wish you a speedy recovery. Strikers x 2 please and NOW.

Not sure why Norman came on when we were chasing a goal. Now I know he’s a young lad but surely James up front would have been the better option? Very strange from Robinson.

Not sure why Norman came on when we were chasing a goal. Now I know he’s a young lad but surely James up front would have been the better option? Very strange from Robinson.
Particularly for a man who loves to puff his chest out and harp on about how much he believes in giving young players a go. A cup tie you’re expected to lose, when you’re already losing, would have been a good opportunity for a player like him. Would’ve given the fans something to take away also, especially after Shandon’s injury. Sounds like we had almost zero goal threat anyway so hardly like it would’ve reduced the chances of us nicking an equaliser.

To be honest, though, I think Robinson’s head has gone. I don’t like the guy and have certainly been forward regarding that, but at the moment I genuinely think that he’s in the middle of losing the plot in a way that goes beyond football. I think he’s really close to having a proper emotional and/or mental breakdown.

I don't have problem with KR's response and he obviously wears his heart on his sleeve. Emotion and passion in someone in charge is not always a bad thing. I will say again that I certainly do not agree with all KR does but I feel some are being overly critical in relation to everything he says.

Yes we need some league points but I also feel that the club has bigger problems just now!

"Very strange from Robinson," You sound surprised.

Thought we competed very well. Against decent opposition. We can stay up with this sort of effort and togetherness.

Ref was a terrible homer. Penalty should have been given for wrestling hold on Browne.

Encouraging - except for the Baptiste incident. How terribly unlucky.

#coyy
Always interesting to read different views. I couldn’t watch this one on iplayer so I rely on reports.

After each game I tend to go on the opposition forum just to get the other perspective. Some weeks they’ll say we were good and others not so much.

This week the Brentford forum unanimously had us down as one of the worst sides they’d ever seen.

Have our expectations dropped as to what is a good performance (one shot on target) or are we receiving feedback from a side used to better opppsition? Or something else?

Always interesting to read different views. I couldn’t watch this one on iplayer so I rely on reports.

After each game I tend to go on the opposition forum just to get the other perspective. Some weeks they’ll say we were good and others not so much.

This week the Brentford forum unanimously had us down as one of the worst sides they’d ever seen.

Have our expectations dropped as to what is a good performance (one shot on target) or are we receiving feedback from a side used to better opppsition? Or something else?
If we were the worst how come they only best us with a pen..sounds like a case of a stick to beat their own club with!

Stress and mental issues are very real and exist in every other occupation, so it would be ridiculous to expect footballers or managers not to struggle. Robinson has seen his team slip back into the relegation zone, had a young player recieve a nasty and possibly career threatening injury and is going into a crucial transfer window with all the pressures that come with that.

So what would we do if we had someone struggling in our business? Get rid of them? Tell them to get a grip? Shout abuse at them?

Maybe it's time for everyone to be realistic with the situation we're in. The recruitment 2 years ago was awful leaving Robinson to come in and have to rebuild pretty much a whole squad whilst also paying for the mistakes of Pep. Clearly recruitment didn't work in the summer but sometimes these things just don't work. Carruthers would have made a big impact at this level, and barely had any injuries before he arrived. Eastwood missed a big chunk at the start of the season. Hall was in great form pre-season. Holmes had been expected to be one injection away from being fit. Smith came with high expectations.

We have Derry and Faz behind the scenes and they need to stand up and take some of the heat, and our senior players need to take responsibility too. Tiger needs to be open and honest about what we are looking to achieve and we need to at least look like the club is being run properly. And finally as fans, we need to stay behind the team. We've been through these things before but turning against the players, manager or owner have never helped. It's time for everyone to battle together and fight until we're safe.

If we were the worst how come they only best us with a pen..sounds like a case of a stick to beat their own club with!

Osler Road: Oh they were not very complimentary about Brentford. Far from it. Seemed a relief about the fact we were what we were. As I say I didn’t watch so I can’t comment just interested in the delta on reviews. I’ve attached link.

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131358

Scotchegg: I agree. Not sure about KR long term, and Christmas was dire, but before that there were clearly green shoots. A change at the helm is not the answer right now in my opinion. Our last managerial changeovers have resulted in utter capitulation

The Brentford fans I nattered to on the way back to the train were pretty dismissive of their own performance. They said they only have on striker worthy of the name (the lad who came on and scored the penalty) - I told them that was one more than we had! They also said we were not the worst team they'd seen this season - I daren't ask them who the other candidates were in case they'd played the Dog and Duck in a cup game!

I don't have problem with KR's response and he obviously wears his heart on his sleeve. Emotion and passion in someone in charge is not always a bad thing. I will say again that I certainly do not agree with all KR does but I feel some are being overly critical in relation to everything he says.

Yes we need some league points but I also feel that the club has bigger problems just now!

Agree with this. As fans, do we analyse and critique our manager’s comments to such a degree when we win? Definitely not. I remember when MApp was getting routinely slated for his interviews (‘Plan B is Plan A’, ‘white noise’ etc). I bet no one can remember a thing that KR said after we beat Shrewsbury, Newport or Rochdale.

We do look for answers from them for when we lose but I think people do get too personal with KR. I see a guy who cares and is desperate for his and our fortunes to change. Whether he can generate that is another matter.

Stress and mental issues are very real and exist in every other occupation, so it would be ridiculous to expect footballers or managers not to struggle. Robinson has seen his team slip back into the relegation zone, had a young player recieve a nasty and possibly career threatening injury and is going into a crucial transfer window with all the pressures that come with that.

So what would we do if we had someone struggling in our business? Get rid of them? Tell them to get a grip? Shout abuse at them?

Maybe it's time for everyone to be realistic with the situation we're in. The recruitment 2 years ago was awful leaving Robinson to come in and have to rebuild pretty much a whole squad whilst also paying for the mistakes of Pep. Clearly recruitment didn't work in the summer but sometimes these things just don't work. Carruthers would have made a big impact at this level, and barely had any injuries before he arrived. Eastwood missed a big chunk at the start of the season. Hall was in great form pre-season. Holmes had been expected to be one injection away from being fit. Smith came with high expectations.

We have Derry and Faz behind the scenes and they need to stand up and take some of the heat, and our senior players need to take responsibility too. Tiger needs to be open and honest about what we are looking to achieve and we need to at least look like the club is being run properly. And finally as fans, we need to stay behind the team. We've been through these things before but turning against the players, manager or owner have never helped. It's time for everyone to battle together and fight until we're safe.
Very well said sir! ?

Hmmm. Then they need to revise their opinions or watch more games.

Did we deserve to take anything from the game? No. Were we ‘dire’ and ‘P**s poor’ to quote them? No.

But were we severely limited by lack of options up front, lacking in pace, and playing players out of position? Yes. Our best efforts came from shots outside the area. James Henry is really quite accurate when he fires from that distance.

If we were the worst side they’ve played in years, they must be proper s**t to only scrape past us with a 1-0 win via a penalty.

Agree with this. As fans, do we analyse and critique our manager’s comments to such a degree when we win? Definitely not. I remember when MApp was getting routinely slated for his interviews (‘Plan B is Plan A’, ‘white noise’ etc). I bet no one can remember a thing that KR said after we beat Shrewsbury, Newport or Rochdale.

We do look for answers from them for when we lose but I think people do get too personal with KR. I see a guy who cares and is desperate for his and our fortunes to change. Whether he can generate that is another matter.
A lot of our fans seem to have a mental meltdown when we lose or go on a bad run. It’s as if all their fear and insecurity rises up and football becomes the symbol of all they are anxious about in life. This can then lead to hysterical aggression and accusations against Robinson, a man merely trying to do his job in the face of injuries and financial pressure. Yet when we win they have nothing to say. They need to develop greater mental strength to get through life, surely.

Just referring to your third paragraph. "recruitment didnt work, Carruthers would have made an impact, Holmes had been expected, Smith with high expectations. Thats it. Nothing has worked. KR talking to at least 4 possible leads before last season had finished. The close season recruitment was a total disaster. Waiting patiently for news....but nothing. Oxford Mail padding it out about Nathan Douglas or how the new training ground was getting on. There is no way of dressing it up. Twenty six points says it all. No point in kicking a man when he is down, but it is so utterly, utterly frustrating. Roll on Portsmouth on the 19th!!

Not sure if it has been picked up anywhere else but, I found the above Instagram post interesting. I’m not sure who the poster is, he appears to be ceo of some Asian companies. It also features anindya Bakrie who was rumoured to have joined the board, and was pictured with Tiger and Thohir, quickly dismissed as just a ‘friend’ by tiger. They also sat next to the MD.
This is more thank likely just friends of the chairman sat in the directors box. I am just confused and very suspicious of Tiger and his cronies motives, their plan and who actually does what on the board.

I suppose the 'our' could just be a vague sort of collective term for who they supporting on the day, rather than who they were putting money into.

Back
Top Bottom