Away Match Day Thread +++ 1/1/2019 Plymouth Argyle v OUFC match day thread+++

You would hope the owner would have an eye on possible replacements already, especially with Robinson’s terrible start before his partial upturn in fortunes, but with Tiger we know that won’t be the case. He probably thinks Robinson is still leading a glorious charge to the championship

Isn't Appleton still out of work?

KR must know he's wrung all he can out of the fit players available, and even with that, there was naff all he could do to change the game. While trying to get replacements in, but knowing you'll have to play the game with agents to get players in.

We'd all sound hacked off with that scenario.

KR must know he's wrung all he can out of the fit players available, and even with that, there was naff all he could do to change the game. While trying to get replacements in, but knowing you'll have to play the game with agents to get players in.

We'd all sound hacked off with that scenario.
Wrung everything out of them, then let them go for a pre match swimming session to just wring them out a bit more!

Wrung everything out of them, then let them go for a pre match swimming session to just wring them out a bit more!
I'm sure the Sports Science department would say swimming is a low impact way to release the muscles after a long journey and a lot of recent games. Or something like that.

Been in Plymouth since Sunday, had a great time until today's game!

Saw some of the players and none of them seemed to want to chat or even acknowledge us!

Even if he can’t play he should be in training for the games he is eligible for a week later, he is being paid good money, has in no way earned a holiday during the season on previous performances, as he has never played.

Not certain why anyone would make excuses for someone who is just taking the P**s.
He might well have been told he could go home and be back for the 2nd!!?

Just got back home, and I’m still mega pissed off! Can’t believe we travel all over the country, following these lads. We make so much effort to support them, and the serve us up with this shite.

They were terrible as a team, and we made them look like world beaters.

I’ve got a ticket for Brentford on Saturday, but I’m thinking about not bothering now.

Just got back home, and I’m still mega pissed off! Can’t believe we travel all over the country, following these lads. We make so much effort to support them, and the serve us up with this shite.

I’ve got a ticket for Brentford on Saturday, but I’m thinking about not bothering now.
The travelling fans, as per usual, deserved so much more.

Appleton wouldn't come anywhere near something that Tiger is 'running'. And fair enough too. I'd have him back in a heart beat, but there's as much chance as Pep Guardiola coming here as MApp

Slightly exaggerated but you are right - he wouldn't blot his recent good work by coming back to this f... up

Good heavens. No wonder they looked so tired. Whatever were they thinking?

If you read some of the replies to that tweet, there is a mention of OUFC players having cream teas in a cafe as well. Could be a windup but a pretty strange story to makeup!

I doubt you're the only person feeling dejected about all this. Hundreds of us travel to more away games than not, and over the last 12 months it's been a thankless task. We haven't won away since Doncaster last April - NINE months ago - and before that would've been what... Charlton a good two months before that? It's been appalling, and so it's no wonder that you feel the way you do. I myself didn't go today because after the Christmas games I saw absolutely no point in doing so, although I will be at Fleetwood in 10 days or so, which really is daft as it's the second furthest game after Sunderland and our record against them is beyond terrible. Always love Plymouth away (helps that we've tended to do well there in recent years) but to me this felt like a complete waste. For some reason I still found myself forking out £10 to watch on iFollow, which promptly resulted in the laptop lid being closed when the third went in, so I didn't even get 90 minutes out of that.

Ultimately, though, while those of us who can travel all miss a few trips for various reasons, we'll all come back at some point or another. Just part of supporting any club, let alone one in the lower leagues. Gluttons for punishment.

We will away in the league again... eventually!

Where to begin? It is unbeleivable that less than three weeks ago we had battled manfully to get a point at donny with the locals saying we had been the best team they had seen to this with by and large the same players. Occasionally today there were glimpses of the team that did pretty well before christmas but most of the time it was a horror show. Team spirit was non existant so many poorly placed passes players not showing for the ball not winning second balls. Something has gone wrong in the last couple of weeks at what level I dont know but on todays showing we will be struggling big time.
Another thing I find amazing is that we are having to use kids while we have Napa who may not be the finished article but can contribute at this level as shown by his cameo at charlton last season at macclesfield its absolutely nuts!

I shall be sorry to lose Curtis but no player is bigger than the football club. I think his mind has been made up for some time. These are desperate times but we have to remain positive. What other option is there. Marvellous away following, they deserve much better.

Nelson has been and continues to be our best defender.

I would rather we let him go free in the summer than sell him now for a few hundred thousand now, because if we do we’re as good as down.

How do we get answers out of Tiger though? It appears Oxvox have asked the questions but he simply hasn’t provided anything of substance. I find this quite disrespectful to the wider fan base but in particular to Oxvox who have been supportive of him.

I don’t think he has shared a plan as I’m not convinced he has one, he looks to me like he is trying to ‘wing it’. The transfer window will reveal more but is anyone expecting to learn much?

My guess is we’ll spend a little but less than we receive in fees. The club will say Nelson etc wanted to move and they had no choice - hence sending him out for today’s post match car crash interview.

I did text Radio Oxford and say they should be asking Tiger what the plan is, and be stronger in their interview with Robinson about injured players which Nathan sort of alulled to e.g. by saying these were the players you brought in Karl. Also to ask if he was financially backed by Tiger which Karl seemed to insinuate he was!! If that’s the case then the buck stops with Karl re; last summer’s transfer market debacle.

Nelson won't make any difference to our prospects, he showed a complete lack of loyalty to our club and obviously doesn't want to be here. A player with that attitude isn't likely to put in a shift for us.

Well he has been, and when asked questions he referred to the club as us which still indicates to me he wants to do as well as he can for us whilst he’s here.

I think it’s human nature to be unhappy when something’s unacceptable. Should real fans just dumbly accept something that’s damaging our club? Just asking the question.

I agree with you, and my answer to your question is no, of course not.

What annoyed me yesterday were all the negative one-liners putting down our club posted in the middle of a match. I see most of these have been deleted now.

Constructive criticism is fine, constant negativity offering no solutions just doesn’t sit right with me. A supporter should do just that, support.

I agree with you, and my answer to your question is no, of course not.

What annoyed me yesterday were all the negative one-liners putting down our club posted in the middle of a match. I see most of these have been deleted now.

Constructive criticism is fine, constant negativity offering no solutions just doesn’t sit right with me. A supporter should do just that, support.
Unfortunately people that care are hurting. Rightly or wrongly this forum is a vehicle to express that hurt, I hope the owners of the club are taking note.

Back
Top Bottom