Away Match Day Thread 17/02/2024 L1: Wycombe Wanderers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Couple of observations about today.
Sam Long was taken to the cleaners so many times today. This is a massive problem area.
Hackett sat in the dugout all game not contributing at all. I appreciate he wasn’t Des’s choice but is this having a negative effect. DB ignores him, and Hackett’s body language looks shocking.

Agree 100% with you. Maybe I didn’t understand your original post that I replied to, but this one is exactly on the button, you’re bang on 👍

With the money we are spending on players fees & wages compared to Pompey & Derby there is a decent argument that we should be competing with them. However you could use the same argument for Man Utd in the last few years & their failure to compete with Man City & Liverpool.

The problem why we aren’t is past Des & the current squad in my eyes. Until this is addressed then I’m pretty happy with draws away at Wycombe & battling for 6th in League One.

Frustrating guys but again a few unscheduled changes to contend with though still unbeaten and a clean sheet thanks to Cummings
Elliott injured himself in an unnecessary silly challenge towards the end of the game Tuesday against Wigan, so I wasn’t surprised he wasn’t fit.

Last edited:
Sam Long was taken to the cleaners so many times today. This is a massive problem area.
Hackett sat in the dugout all game not contributing at all. I appreciate he wasn’t Des’s choice but is this having a negative effect. DB ignores him, and Hackett’s body language looks shocking.
Hackett isn't the assistant manager, never has been. He is part of the first team coaching team that all support Buckingham. And only one manager/coach is allowed to stand in the technical area so I wouldn't worry about all the body language analysis/guesswork.

Hackett isn't the assistant manager, never has been. He is part of the first team coaching team that all support Buckingham. And only one manager/coach is allowed to stand in the technical area so I wouldn't worry about all the body language analysis/guesswork.
STOP IT. Let the conspiracy theories blossom.

Tim Williams says differently?

We drew with Blackpool (no gain/no loss) and today they did us a favour by beating Peterborough.

We still play Northampton and Lincoln at home, so increasing that ( already large) gap is in our own hands.

I’ll remain positive because anything can happen.

Lincoln are on a decent run, but they recently drew with WW 1-1.

We gained 3 points on Blackpool on Tuesday as they lost to Cheltenham and Stevenage who lost to Bristol Rovers, we also gained 2 points on Barnsley on Tuesday. Basically it's swings and roundabouts currently with no real team apart from Pompey and Derby being consistent.

Last 5 games the following have picked up these points.

Pompey 13 (drew against us)
Derby 13
Bolton 9
Barnsley 8
Peterborough 1
Us 7
Stevenage 4
Blackpool 5
Leyton Orient 9

Play offs are still achievable.

Last edited:
2 massive home games coming up.

A good bit of ticket promotion from OUFC & a working ticketing website shouldn’t be too much to ask for should it?

Lincoln? Seriously? They gave virtually no chance of getting into the play offs
The same chance we now have of the automatics, when a few months ago we were in them.

Our general form and performances have been pretty abysmal for several months and as others have posted we are roughly in the bottom 3rd of the table based on the last 15-20 games.

I was basically pointing out to a previous poster that to be overly positive about a point today depends on your perspective of what you want and expect based on the opposition and how you view where we are now in the league.

I’d have snapped anyone’s hand off to be where we are now at the start of the season, but given where we were in early November, to watch our performances and league position gradually get worse and to now hope for 6th place due to other results going our way is not exactly inspiring.

Very poor game today, and the entertainment value generally served up recently is non existent/very poor.

Was bemused at the end of the game with a high number of fans engaging with the team/singing/clapping etc as though they were happy with that performance, then to top it by singing ‘Buckinham’s Yellow Army’ etc. I get it to support the team, but that performance did not warrant that kind of response, but good on those that managed to muster up a response.

Last edited:
Where were you sat to see all of this?

Back
Top Bottom