Matches 1st ST Ballot

Not heard anything yet, so I guess we didn’t get a ticket for the Northampton game!

So if only 60% applied, does that mean 2760 ST Holders applied based on there being 4600 ST holders? So only 760 would be disappointed per game? If this is the case then over 70% of fans would get tickets for each game and possibly more if some of these 2760 are not able to attend a particular game they’ve been drawn for?

Don't forget the Tiers are being reviewed on December 16th (day after Northampton game), another lottery judging by previous reviews so we could higher (no fans) lower (4000 fans) or the same (2000 fans)

Just heard from a Shrimpers colleague that Sarfend are allocating based on last years season ticket holders. Controversial and possibly top trumps our ‘issues’.

In which case you have a very very good chance of Boxing Day tickets and if unlucky on that one too will be guaranteed for the Doncaster game.
The email I got said Northampton game nothing about the Dons or the Donny game

I don't think you would have done, The tickets for the second and third game are not put through a ballot until after the Northampton game.

It makes perfect senses for any business to look after their clients/customers who they generate the most income from. A business should always look after these customers but especially in the current situation.
Quite right.

I look forward to them acting in a business-like fashion the next time they ask for a renewal. Where they deliver a product that I can rely upon to be of good quality, where the service is superb and the facilities in line with my spend.

“What do you mean you want me to show my loyalty despite a s**t season, product and facilities, Tiger? You also want me to forgo a refund for the product I didn’t receive? Other businesses don’t do that, Tiger. You mean it’s not a business now? It’s a part of the community that needs me to dip deeper into my pocket to ensure it’s survival? Oh, I see.”

I’m on my 35th consecutive season ticket. I’ve donated plenty to OUFC outside of that. I ask for nothing other than to be treated the same as everyone else. Apparently, a few scheckles extra bypasses all of that in the name of business. I must remember, it’s a business

For clarity, none of that is aimed at any member of the 1893 club, Associate Directors, Box Holders or Sponsors. My unhappiness is not aimed at you.

Quite right.

I look forward to them acting in a business-like fashion the next time they ask for a renewal. Where they deliver a product that I can rely upon to be of good quality, where the service is superb and the facilities in line with my spend.

“What do you mean you want me to show my loyalty despite a s**t season, product and facilities, Tiger? You also want me to forgo a refund for the product I didn’t receive? Other businesses don’t do that, Tiger. You mean it’s not a business now? It’s a part of the community that needs me to dip deeper into my pocket to ensure it’s survival? Oh, I see.”

I’m on my 35th consecutive season ticket. I’ve donated plenty to OUFC outside of that. I ask for nothing other than to be treated the same as everyone else. Apparently, a few scheckles extra bypasses all of that in the name of business. I must remember, it’s a business

For clarity, none of that is aimed at any member of the 1893 club, Associate Directors, Box Holders or Sponsors. My unhappiness is not aimed at you.
Excellent post.

Just flicked through these 10 pages of angst, argument and discontent. Thank goodness it's just a ballot for tickets at a football match and not one for a bed in ICU.

s**t virus causing s**t situations in most walks of life. No easy answers but the single most important thing football wise is still having a team to follow when life returns to some sort of normality. And, of course, still being alive to enjoy or endure OUFC at the breeze block would be good

I entered the ballot. Any game I get allocated is a bonus in a season I expected to spend shouting at the ifollow camera and being told to shut up by my family.

It makes perfect senses for any business to look after their clients/customers who they generate the most income from. A business should always look after these customers but especially in the current situation.

I do think the club have shot themselves in the foot here though.

I am sure people will just move on, but in the short term it has created some anger and irritation that could easily have been avoided.

I can’t say that I have let it bother me that much but I can understand why some wonder why this decision was taken.

Regarding your point about the issue of looking after clients/customers from whom the club generate the most income from, I am not sure it is as simple as just the cost of a ticket.

How do you value someone who has had a season ticket for the past 10/20/30 years? compared to an 1893 member who may only have joined in the last year or so?

Why should a younger supporter who may be the future of the club be valued any less?

How much merchandise does one fan spend compared to another?

How many times does a season ticket holder bring a load of mates along to games in normal circumstances?

Also, the risk of alienating say 1000 fans for the sake of 200 is actually more costly.

This is a tough situation and I think it would have been basic common sense to treat everyone as equals at this time.

However, I don’t think anyone in the 1893 club should receive any negativity here. In particular, I think Manorlounger has been the subject of some harsh comments.

I do think the club have shot themselves in the foot here though.

I am sure people will just move on, but in the short term it has created some anger and irritation that could easily have been avoided.

I can’t say that I have let it bother me that much but I can understand why some wonder why this decision was taken.

Regarding your point about the issue of looking after clients/customers from whom the club generate the most income from, I am not sure it is as simple as just the cost of a ticket.

How do you value someone who has had a season ticket for the past 10/20/30 years? compared to an 1893 member who may only have joined in the last year or so?

Why should a younger supporter who may be the future of the club be valued any less?

How much merchandise does one fan spend compared to another?

How many times does a season ticket holder bring a load of mates along to games in normal circumstances?

Also, the risk of alienating say 1000 fans for the sake of 200 is actually more costly.

This is a tough situation and I think it would have been basic common sense to treat everyone as equals at this time.

However, I don’t think anyone in the 1893 club should receive any negativity here. In particular, I think Manorlounger has been the subject of some harsh comments.
Thank you for your concern. I am of the opinion that there are other 1893 members who have contributed to this forum in the past and certainly there are those who know me personally and have spoken to me about subjects discussed here. However, I can well understand their reluctance to post anything on this subject.

What I would like to repeat, as it may assist, is the fact that 1893 club members were, for want of a better phrase, "lumped" in with corporate clients some time ago. We have assumed that it was to ease the burden of administration as 1893 members use, to a large extent, the same facilities as corporate clients. The bars, the conference room (or lounge, as it was described to us!) the same entrance and facilities located on the same level as the boxes and bar. The cost of providing food for the corporate (not 1893 club) could then be included as part of the overall budget for catering. The previous arrangement was made so expensive by Stadco (Kassam) that at one stage the tea/coffee and biscuits were removed from the package. This didn't sit well with members or club and a deal was done to reinstate. (you may recall the club running a restaurant at one time - it made a consistent loss due to the extortionate overheads again derived from Stadco and was also dropped)
So, upshot of all that is, and this is guess work on my part, the club set up the ballot and the corporate side of things just issued tickets. Perhaps they knew that there would be a low number of 1893 members, I don't know. Certainly on the two occasions we've been to the ground, we've not seen anyone we recognised as a member. Maybe the club could publish the number of 1893 members who have renewed season tickets? If, at the very least, folk could see how many have benefitted from this "decision" perhaps then the furore would subside and the nastiness and crass comments would stop. - Granted, many have shown support for which I, and Mrs Lounger, are thankful.

Just flicked through these 10 pages of angst, argument and discontent. Thank goodness it's just a ballot for tickets at a football match and not one for a bed in ICU.

s**t virus causing s**t situations in most walks of life. No easy answers but the single most important thing football wise is still having a team to follow when life returns to some sort of normality. And, of course, still being alive to enjoy or endure OUFC at the breeze block would be good

I entered the ballot. Any game I get allocated is a bonus in a season I expected to spend shouting at the ifollow camera and being told to shut up by my family.
Exactly this

Talking about the ticket ballot on the radio now. Why do they keep saying its an impossible situation...it isn't. 1893 members shouldn't have been treated differently than other ST holders... simple.

No attack intended on any 1893 member etc etc.

I can’t go to Northampton game, due to grandsons school night. I’ve emailed to tell them. Lousy seats to
Likewise, it's the one game of the three that I can't make. I've advised that my allocated ticket can be made available for someone else .

Back
Top Bottom