Matches 1st ST Ballot

Am I the only ST holder not to have any communication from the club re the ballot yet? I assume it’ll be by email 🤷🏽
My dad ( who's 86) hasnt ... though he relies on Royal snail (mail), not having an email address ... or a mobile phone

My dad ( who's 86) hasnt ... though he relies on Royal snail (mail), not having an email address ... or a mobile phone
Are you expecting the club to write by post to your dad to invite him to join the ballot?

They wont do this.. the communication from the club is clear that you must register and enter the ballot online.

Perhaps he has a loved one, friend or neighbour that can help him out.

I emailed the ticket office asking for some clarity this afternoon. I got a response almost straight away - fair play on a Sunday. Confirmed that those who had a ticket for Tuesday would have heard by now. The remainder, including me, go into ballot for Boxing Day.

Are you expecting the club to write by post to your dad to invite him to join the ballot?

They wont do this.. the communication from the club is clear that you must register and enter the ballot online.

Perhaps he has a loved one, friend or neighbour that can help him out.

My brother and myself did this for the old man.

Got no reply to my last email regarding the Hull ticket fiasco. Maybe I will try him again on this subject.

Daft thing is that I used to see him on a regular basis when we could attend games as normal. Was a real bonus with the 1893 club, you were always in the area of club staff and players not in the match day squad. Sometimes happened that you would be in conversation with all manner of folk.
Pre-match interviews with the guests of the day were always interesting.
I am not an 1893 club member but have friends who are. They pay a hefty premium (I think around twice the price of an East Stand seat) for a match day experience that includes certain additional comforts and pre and post match hospitality including for example interview with the MOTM.This season they cannot have any of these add-ons so I can see how the club was trying to find other ways to add value to their tickets.
You could even argue that 1893 club members are getting less value for their ticket than the rest of us. They are getting 3 out of 3 matches whereas 2 standard East Stand ticket look likely to get 4 tickets per 3 match ballot (2 out of 3 matches per ticket).
The club has of course handled the comms badly.
Just be thankful that the 3 of us with STs aren't even entering the ballot due to health conditions - something we knew might happen when we bought the tickets. Clearly many hundreds are in this boat, which does mean the rest of you get a much better chance to see 2 out of every 3 games.

As I understand... you will only receive contact if you have been successful with your tickets attached. You won't get a negative response and will just go into the ballot for the next two matches.

Yeah that’s fair enough.. expected that.

Assuming I’ve bagged Boxing Day on the basis that we were guaranteed at least 2 games.

Had my E-ticket for Northampton.
I thought you only got E tickets for games against clubs from Yorkshire
Still nothing for me... I guess they are working through the ballot but as I was just a single ticket with no bubble complications I probably would have heard by now.

I guess that means I’ve more chance of Boxing Day?
I didnt enter the ballot, mostly because i hate being herded around like cattle, which i can see happening with 2K supporters in the stadium. i would've thought a simple tick box against each game to say thats one you would like to be entered into the ballot for would have made things simpler, also surely letting ST holders know ASAP which matches they have tickets for would aid in faster reallocation if required. The current climate can lead to sudden changes in who can or cannot attend, but i daresay there are some who would love the opportunity to get couple of weeks of getting in the goodbooks under their belt so they can slip away from the inlaws for a few hours on Boxing day

I thought you only got E tickets for games against clubs from Yorkshire

I didnt enter the ballot, mostly because i hate being herded around like cattle, which i can see happening with 2K supporters in the stadium. i would've thought a simple tick box against each game to say thats one you would like to be entered into the ballot for would have made things simpler, also surely letting ST holders know ASAP which matches they have tickets for would aid in faster reallocation if required. The current climate can lead to sudden changes in who can or cannot attend, but i daresay there are some who would love the opportunity to get couple of weeks of getting in the goodbooks under their belt so they can slip away from the inlaws for a few hours on Boxing day
There are lots of things which are nice to do but everyone needs to accept that the club are a customer of Ticketmaster and there is only so much they can do for what is an ever changing and hopefully temporary set of circumstances.

I was prompted by the comments from Jerome Sale in the post match program where he alleged that 1893 members were not "dyed in the wool" supporters.
His comments went on to show a less than complete knowledge of the situation and, in my opinion, very poor journalism.

Mrs Lounger was beside herself when she heard the comments.
I think Jerome Sale needs to report only what he knows, he is in a very privileged position being able to watch his team and report on the match, Many of the people I know in 1893 club like myself have watched United from the late Sixties and travelled to away matches from Swansea to Carlisle, many of us sponsored players through the Seventies to date.
So Jerome no matter how much I enjoy your match Commentaries when I can’t get to some away games Please be careful that your microphone doesn’t displaced somewhere the Sun doesn’t shine! A very upset United Supporter!

Wonder when we will find out about Boxing Day? You would think it should be fairly quick to do the next two games.

I think Jerome Sale needs to report only what he knows, he is in a very privileged position being able to watch his team and report on the match, Many of the people I know in 1893 club like myself have watched United from the late Sixties and travelled to away matches from Swansea to Carlisle, many of us sponsored players through the Seventies to date.
So Jerome no matter how much I enjoy your match Commentaries when I can’t get to some away games Please be careful that your microphone doesn’t displaced somewhere the Sun doesn’t shine! A very upset United Supporter!
I think you will find Jerome used the word may

Hearing that those who may have missed out tomorrow will get a good shout for the next two games due to returns from those moving into tier 3 this week.

I think you will find Jerome used the word may
The exact quote was "They may not be absolutely dyed in the wool as some of the other season ticket holders"

It was also quite clear from the context of the conversation that, he had little or no idea of the make up of 1893 club season ticket holders.

Listen again here: The quote above is at 30.01 into the program.

The exact quote was "They may not be absolutely dyed in the wool as some of the other season ticket holders"

It was also quite clear from the context of the conversation that, he had little or no idea of the make up of 1893 club season ticket holders.

Listen again here: The quote above is at 30.01 into the program.

[QUOTE="Manorlounger, post: 334166...://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0918pm5[/QUOTE]
So he did say "may". Anyway my place in the pecking order has been made clear by the club so whatever Jerome say does not matter much, I now firmly know my place. You enjoy your three games and stay safe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom