Away Match Day Thread 21/8/21 L1: Bolton Wanderers v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the 2nd kit will be given it’s first outing today. The 3rd kit will clash.

A lot will depend on our defence today. If we perform as we have been it could be a good day for us as they seem to like to attack 37 shots for 11 on target in the league. However they do give a lot of opportunities to their opponents, 43 shots against 14 on target and I think we could exploit that. Check out the coverage of their games so far, they do not look solid at the back. If we have enough pace in the side I can see us winning by 2 clear goals today. COYY

its matchday ... I'm feeling optimistic... & I still fancy a 0-2 away win

Lot of talk about the team selection. Youngsters travelling, senior players not available, makes me worry a tad. I would hope that some of the lads who played against Huddersfield will make the step up. Certainly expect to see Cooper in the squad, perhaps Elechi as well. Going to need a strong midfield selection so Gorrin, Brannagan and Henry must be in line. McGuane must be near full fitness, maybe a start or off the bench appearance? Moore back will be a boost with hopefully, Forde able to cover the right back slot if Willo isn't ok to play.
Still think we need that extra defender to come in.

Would be happy with a draw, but have a feeling we might win 1-2.

RE Clare…I always sensed that he fell out with Robinson and when that happens, as is the same with majority of managers, it’s only a matter of time before he’s out the door. I didn’t see enough of him to form an opinion really.

Fancy us today. Bolton, for some reason, seem to be hyped up beyond the actual standard of their performances. They’re leaking goals, and we have won 8 of our last 10. We haven’t conceded from open play and we’re unbeaten this season! 3-1 away win.

F965A0CA-7F03-4E66-8C80-9D95372D50BD.jpeg

Stevens
McNally Moore Thorniley
Williams Gorrin Brannagan Seddon
Mcguane
Taylor Whyte

Wouldn’t mind something like this if Long still isn’t fit
1-2 Oxford

Fancy us today. Bolton, for some reason, seem to be hyped up beyond the actual standard of their performances. They’re leaking goals, and we have won 8 of our last 10. We haven’t conceded from open play and we’re unbeaten this season! 3-1 away win.

View attachment 7027
Bolton, along with Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland, Ipswich, Pompey (among a few others) tend to be hyped by wannabe pundits based on those clubs history, not on their recent achievements (or lack of them) , including not featuring in the top two English football leagues this season.... they're all in League 1 for a reason

Bolton, along with Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland, Ipswich, Pompey (among a few others) tend to be hyped by wannabe pundits based on those clubs history, not on their recent achievements (or lack of them) , including not featuring in the top two English football leagues this season.... they're all in League 1 for a reason
I would rather be underestimated and be seen to have overachieved, than by hyped up beyond belief, only to bottle it for a 4th season *cough Sunderland cough*

We are capable of beating anyone. We’ll win today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom