Current Player #25 Will Goodwin

Goodwin said on the Dub that his ex-teammate Sercombe was really positive Oxford, and that the manager was a big reason for coming here over Charlton - wonder what Sercombe had to say about MApp?
Hopefully "he gave me a fantastic couple of seasons with a promotion and two Wembley appearances, and then I acted a berk and got bombed out"

What happened at the end with Sercombe? I can't actually remember.

I'm sure he wouldn't have been very complementary towards Apps
I remember being at the planned victory party with the players at a hotel at Wembley after the defeat to Coventry and Liam Sercombe seemed to be taking the loss worse than others

Reckon he kept not so schtum on Mapp 🤔 but good to hear him being complimentary about our club

What happened at the end with Sercombe? I can't actually remember.
Sercs was a proper modern day legend for us, completely got the club, loved it here. IIRC he picked up a knee injury at Shrewsbury that was potentially season ending and App said he was free to find a new club, then he came back within about 2 months and scored against the Scum. Was never in MApp's plans moving forward and I think the club engineered the narrative that he sulked and wanted out when it couldn't have been further from the truth. Then MApp leaves us about a week after Sercombe goes, I'm not surprised if he doesn't have the best opinion of him

Anyone know when Goodwin is expected to appear in the front line?
We could do with him against Portsmouth. Or will it be Reading?

I think it's only the following week he's expected to join full training.

Some sort of vicious reprobate with a deluded sense of his own superior awareness; or a long-serving supporter whose faith in our management no longer exceeds his faith in Chris as a saviour who can guarantee eternal life.

You choose, o wise one.

Rovers signed Conteh straight into their starting team and does a job on us.

We sign Goodwin and he basically arrives injured.

I'm genuinely worried there is some kind of old curse or voodoo around the club when it comes to injuries.

Rovers signed Conteh straight into their starting team and does a job on us.

We sign Goodwin and he basically arrives injured.

I'm genuinely worried there is some kind of old curse or voodoo around the club when it comes to injuries.
Did we not once have a priest try to remove the curse from the Kassam Stadium? He mustn't have been very good at his job.

Back
Top Bottom