Home Match Day Thread 28/09/2021 L1: OUFC v Accrington Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very pleased with that. Good all round performance. The goal difference has taken us above Sheffield Wednesday. Bring on Saturday!!

Bloody Luvvly that.

Herbie Kane was excellent. Also, Nathan Holland was excellent in the 1st half but obviously tired in the 2nd, the turn for the 1st goal was exquisite. Also a special mention for McNally, Forde and Sykes on the right. Pleased that Matty Taylor and Mark Sykes scored as well as Nathan Holland.

Edit: As a side note tiny Sheriff have beaten Real Madrid away in the CL.

Bodin and Williams were excellent when they came on. With Whyte still to come back in to, we have some real strength in depth out wide. We also have McGuane to come back and I think once he is back fit then Henry will have to be at his best week in week out too. We look solid at the back with Forde growing into the right back role. Even with JT out McNally can come straight in and doesn't weaken the side.

Tonight I think showed us all that over the season we will be ok and have a stronger squad than last season.

Wow that was a big relief finally showed what we can do. Very pleased for Sykes he has thoroughly earned that goal pity Cams effort goes down as an og he deserved one as well

Inspired decision to start Holland. Team played well. Herbie Kane looks a class act. was nice to see sykes get a goal, hopefully this will be the start of many.
Wonder if all the people who are so quick to jump on KR every time we lose will give him some praise when he gets it right.

An excellent game, well deserved result BUT all of the tippy tappy passing of the ball forwards/backwards/sideways occasionally passing to the opposition or playing ourselves into trouble gets a bit wearing on the nerves. Onwards to Saturday, hope we continue to play well.

Inspired decision to start Holland. Team played well. Herbie Kane looks a class act. was nice to see sykes get a goal, hopefully this will be the start of many.
Wonder if all the people who are so quick to jump on KR every time we lose will give him some praise when he gets it right.
I still don't rate KR tactically, their are far better managers tactically speaking. However, he does deserve credit for night for a good team selection.

On Moore's booking, the Accrington player was obviously auditioning for a move to Wycombe considering nothing much happened apart from him holding Moore's leg (which was nothing as well). Pure theatrics.

Also apparently keepers can run out of area with the ball in hand when kicking it clear or making a throw without it being handball.

Their right back or midfielder who took a load of throws was hilarious after KR and co went nuts at an awful foul throw (ball not behind the head, foot in the air and he was on the pitch). He was so deliberate in making sure they were legal throws that they became not very good/effective.

Enjoyed watching that live....in the main a great all round team performance

Picked up a few yellows in game that wasnt dirty or niggly, thought the ref made a few errors late on the the game.

Play like that and finish like that this side will be a real.force to be reckoned with this season

Great performance all round, always seem to play well against good sides who come to play football, then struggle against the big boot thugs who time waste, fall down, kick you off the park, ( Wycombe, Gillingham ) and with the standard of officials we constantly get, they get away with it.

Terrific win.
Really pleased for Sykes who deserves a goal.
And what a player Kane is.
Hopefully there will be close to 2000 going to Sheffield on Saturday.

I thought after the Cheltenham game that Kane might be decent once he found his passing range......just two games later and Da-yum, he's good.
It's not just the quality of his passing (which varied from very good through to exquisite) that impressed me tonight, it was the quality of his defensive play. Excellent positioning, good tackling and ice cold under pressure. If he can play anything close to that on a regular basis then it completely upgrades our options because then you don't need Gorrin every week (and I feel bad typing that because I still love him as a player, but his ability to create is limited).

In general, much needed great performance from just about everybody in the final third.

Now the next two games will show us how good we really are (assuming Sunderland happens during the international week - I guess it may not?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom