Home Match Day Thread 28/09/2021 L1: OUFC v Accrington Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good half.

Forde, Kane and of course Holland all good. Forde especially has looked very sharp and some of his chipped balls down the line to Sykes have been superb.

Kane looks a bit short and fat and slow and then - he plays an absolutely outrageous pass! I can see why he hasn’t quite made it in the Championship due to his lack of physical attributes, but he clearly has a huge amount of talent. Get him fully fit and he can run the show for us from deep, especially at home against teams that we’re dominating possession with. Compare him to Liam Kelly!

Holland looks much more like a player from West Ham. I’m pleased for him, we need someone to fill that problem left hand position.

Only drawbacks could be McNally’s passing being a bit wayward at times, and he misjudged a bouncing ball. Henry has been a bit quiet, not quite working for him. Taylor has done more than recent games but still not fully on it.

First game I’ve been able to watch since Wimbledon. Seriously impressive. Some gorgeous interplay, two excellent goals. Some of Kane’s passing is ridiculous.

Rolls Royce football going forward, often Lada football at the back. Not helped by the conditions I may add.
Very happy for Holland, hope he kicks on from this.
Kane is different class in footballing terms, suspect he needs to get fitter though.

A good half.

Forde, Kane and of course Holland all good. Forde especially has looked very sharp and some of his chipped balls down the line to Sykes have been superb.

Kane looks a bit short and fat and slow and then - he plays an absolutely outrageous pass! I can see why he hasn’t quite made it in the Championship due to his lack of physical attributes, but he clearly has a huge amount of talent. Get him fully fit and he can run the show for us from deep, especially at home against teams that we’re dominating possession with. Compare him to Liam Kelly!

Holland looks much more like a player from West Ham. I’m pleased for him, we need someone to fill that problem left hand position.

Only drawbacks could be McNally’s passing being a bit wayward at times, and he misjudged a bouncing ball. Henry has been a bit quiet, not quite working for him. Taylor has done more than recent games but still not fully on it.
Kane’s lack of physical attributes?! What are they then?
The bite and distribution that him and Brannagan in the middle give is what most people on here have been crying out for all season ffs

Good stuff, good stuff.

Forde excellent, Kane excellent, but what the hell did they do to Holland over the past ten days?? He looked totally bereft of confidence until today....but now he's running at his man with abandon, has that Man City youngster (who looks about as good as the one we got on loan a few years ago) absolutely on toast and two classy finishes!

Accy have overplayed a bit in the middle of the park, but we've been nipping at their heels ferociously and then breaking really well.

Would just like to see us get calmly through the first 15 of the second half. If there was any negative from that first half, it's that McNally still looks a little harum scarum. I've no doubt that he's going to be a really good player - all the building blocks are there - but he is guilty of making the occasional bad decision right now.

Good old iFollow stats. We've had 1 clear cut chance so far.....

Did question tonights line up haven’t heard on the radio why for the changes and was deeply worried about Holland starting but fare play two great goals.

Really decent first half. A bit shaky defensively from McNally and Seddon but the conditions are a nightmare so can be forgiven.

Kane is ridiculous. Seems like everything we thought we had with Kelly and more. Struggling to see Gorrin playing often at home when the midfield three on the pitch are so good.

Forde lost his place to Long on reputation rather than because he'd been poor - and he wants that spot back! Excellent first half from him, and once again proving that he's more than adequate backup to Long.

Holland - Wow. Always felt he was a confidence player and he'd been completely drained of it so far this season. Some time out the team and he's come alive! KR said here's your chance, prove to me you deserve to be in this team and he's taken it with both hands. Well done that man.

Kane’s lack of physical attributes?! What are they then?
The bite and distribution that him and Brannagan in the middle give is what most people on here have been crying out for all season ffs
Distribution has nothing to do with physival attributes. Kane isn’t the biggest, strongest or quickest central midfielder I’ve ever seen. He absolutely oozes class though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom