Home Match Day Thread +++ 28/9/2019 L1 OUFC v Gillingham +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see that the players have bought into the game plan. We had great movement in possession, but there was a raging hunger to win it back as soon as play broke down, and that is what pleased me so much.
This was a constant all game.
We play great touch and go football but we work so f*****g hard to make it happen.
Cadden is a little less fluid in his position and this, more conservative approach means that the gaps exploited by teams on the counter are much narrower and we seem so much tighter for it.
We have such drive and energy in midfield, Brannagan is a Rolls Royce in there and Woodburn is looking more like what we were hoping for when he signed. Throw Baptiste in there and we are a very, very strong unit.
Great result today built on hard work and no little skill.
For me, Henry and Ruffels deserve a mention though the former for the goals and both for the damned hard work that made this result possible.

We, are a f*****g good squad!

Another great result, 16 goals in 5 games, and 5 clean sheets in a row, WOW!

Eastwood was solid, with very good kicking, although he did have one very dodgy moment, but other than that was untroubled.

Mous was solid as a rock again, looks awesome at the moment, and is a great, vocal leader.

Dickie very good first half, hope the back injury is nothing serious.

Cadden was awesome again, good work down the right, and has an amazing engine.

Ruffels was excellent, looking back to his best again, great defensive work, and very supportive going forward, and is now one of the best left backs in the league.

Gorrin was very good, real unsung hero, does all the unnoticed, understated dirty work brilliantly.

Brannagan was excellent again, ran the midfield with lovely passing, and kept the team ticking over.

Woodburn had a very good game, and looks a lot better playing deeper, growing in confidence with each game.

Fosu was very good again, playing full of confidence, with some lovely skill and Gillingham could only resort to repeatedly fouling him to stop him.

Taylor had a good game, used the ball well, and took his goal brilliantly, looks very settled now, and hopefully we can keep him here beyond his loan.

Henry was superb, again, with excellent skill, composure, link up play, and did some very good defensive work as well, his first goal was a sublime finish, and his 2nd was an absolutely stunning header, deserved to be MOTM

Moore was excellent when he came on, winning everything in the air, and looking very assured on the ball, been very impressed with his last couple of performances, really starting to look good.

Baptiste looked good when he came on, ticked over nicely, and got some more important minutes under his belt.

All in all, another solid team performance, the players are oozing confidence, and showing real purpose and desire at both ends of the pitch, and theres a real togetherness evident between the players, Robbo and the staff, and things are really coming together nicely, which is great to see.

Well done lads!

Keep it up

You can see that the players have bought into the game plan. We had great movement in possession, but there was a raging hunger to win it back as soon as play broke down, and that is what pleased me so much.
This was a constant all game.
We play great touch and go football but we work so f*****g hard to make it happen.
Cadden is a little less fluid in his position and this, more conservative approach means that the gaps exploited by teams on the counter are much narrower and we seem so much tighter for it.
We have such drive and energy in midfield, Brannagan is a Rolls Royce in there and Woodburn is looking more like what we were hoping for when he signed. Throw Baptiste in there and we are a very, very strong unit.
Great result today built on hard work and no little skill.
For me, Henry and Ruffels deserve a mention though the former for the goals and both for the damned hard work that made this result possible.

We, are a f*****g good squad!
I actually think Gorrin deserves a mention too. He is allowing people to bomb on and adds balance in there.

Magnificent today, 6-0 would not have been unreasonable at half-time. Likewise, James Henry's 1st goal was utterly sublime and he really deserved the hat-trick. Henry correctly man of the match for me (I hope contract talks are going well). No doubt we scored 3 lucky goals today as well.

Gillingham had as much threat as a wet paperbag with Clint setting up their only chance and Hanlan (no.7) throwing himself down a few times in the box. I reckon Fatty McCheat set his team up in the 2nd half to keep the score down to 3-0.

Isn't it nice to have a squad of players that are playing so well with many contributing.

Also, Josh Ruffels deserves a mention as he had his best game of the season that I've seen.

Only one complaint from me, I put a couple of quid on us winning 4-0 at 22-1. Going in at half time 3-0 up I was thinking we would get 6 only for the boys to call it a day at 3!

Only one complaint from me, I put a couple of quid on us winning 4-0 at 22-1. Going in at half time 3-0 up I was thinking we would get 6 only for the boys to call it a day at 3!
I had Taylor anytime and 5-0 @ 106/1, Thought it was gonna happen at half time.

Team right and score right at the moment!! And who can forget the 6-0 prediction last week??!!

You're welcome!!! ??
Don't suppose you've got any suggestions for the lottery numbers tonight have ya?;)

Ruffles was MOM for being good all 90 mins. Henry excellent first half but not so much 2nd half

Another great win. Was an injustice that it wasn't at least 5 at the break. Some very slick football and everyone played their part. Well done to all once again. If we can keep this up we'll be up there.
Only criticism from me is that it was the wrong decision to have Hall on the bench and not Sykes. It won't have done him any good to be left out after the performance he put in on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom