Home Match Day Thread 29/12/2021 L1: OUFC v AFC Wimbledon

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is only needed when the crowd is over 10,000 which has to be the daftest Covid regulation ever. As if somehow we will be safer with 6,000 in the ground.
It does seem a bit daft.
Although the Wales regulation that you can't have more than 50 people outside together (stopping Park runs) and even the Scotland rule only allowing 500 supporters at Ibrox also seem a little random!
I guess that there have to be some cut off points.

Current sales are a disappointing 6,200, pretty much in line with the Crewe game, and very much bearing out the ridiculous EFL decision to play tonight rather than yesterday. I feel it has also been affected by doubt about the game going ahead. For this reason I expect higher than usual on the day sales, so we may reach 7,000 home fans. Wimbledon took 750 to Wycombe and 950 to Cambridge, so I'd hope for similar to us.

I'm predicting between 7,500 and 7,750 in total tonight at best. Would have been 9,000+ if played yesterday!
Agree this game should've been played yesterday. Evening games are always less well attended. Alot of clubs will miss out on precious revenue as a result of having to rearrange games to midweek slots following covid cancellations.

Last edited:
And? They certainly didn’t just bang the ball forward to him in the first game and actually played it around pretty well. Oh, and we were s**t after the opening half hour.
We were poor defensively but still had chances to go ahead at 1-1 and another chance at 2-1 down which we should have scored from

Current sales are a disappointing 6,200, pretty much in line with the Crewe game, and very much bearing out the ridiculous EFL decision to play tonight rather than yesterday. I feel it has also been affected by doubt about the game going ahead. For this reason I expect higher than usual on the day sales, so we may reach 7,000 home fans. Wimbledon took 750 to Wycombe and 950 to Cambridge, so I'd hope for similar to us.

I'm predicting between 7,500 and 7,750 in total tonight at best. Would have been 9,000+ if played yesterday!

Be very interesting to compare our crowd tonight v the shite down the road who are at home to Stevenage.

Midweek against Wimbledon at the Manor. Visibility hardly to the half way line. London Road roaring as if a goal had been scored. Memories anyone?
Yep, crazy,....when I walked into the London road end I thought.... "this game isn't going ahead"

You don't get must-win games in December but obviously we should be aiming to win this if we're serious, and in that context it would be very disappointing not to.

And? They certainly didn’t just bang the ball forward to him in the first game and actually played it around pretty well. Oh, and we were s**t after the opening half hour.

Second half was our worst 45 minutes of the season so far, I reckon (second half ET against Rovers was the worst 15 minutes, but the Wombles game was the worst 45).

Shambles at the back, and KR's substitutions basically handed the midfield to Wimbledon as well and saw them run amok in the last twenty. Exhibit A for why bringing a striker on for a defensive midfielder is often not a smart strategy for chasing a game that up to that point had been pretty even.

But we've improved since then, and they haven't beaten any of the promotion-chasing sides since (unless you count Accrington as a promotion-chasing side, and they'll have to keep their current run going for a while longer before I do.....)

Should be a home win. And - as has already been said multiple times on this thread - the sort of game we really ought to be winning if we have serious designs on promotion.

Be very interesting to compare our crowd tonight v the shite down the road who are at home to Stevenage.
Their average home attendance so far this season 7705, ours is 7394 according to transfermrkt.com. We're 12th in league one in terms of average attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom