General 30/03/2023 - KPC meeting

Am I missing something here. I was under the impression the 'Triangle' was in Oxford City land, not KPC? Granted, Stratfield Brake is within KPC but that is off the table so why the meeting?

*County Council land.

It isn’t KPC’s concern but does come under CDC. This is why the vote is a waste of time and money. Any outcome, even if 100% either way, has no bearing on anything.

All it gives is FOSB a stat they can point to to say ‘look! Residents don’t want this!’ if the vote goes in their favour. That it’ll be a tiny sample size of the total electorate won’t matter to them. It’ll be their ‘local’ stat to roll out whenever they fancy it.

*County Council land.

It isn’t KPC’s concern but does come under CDC. This is why the vote is a waste of time and money. Any outcome, even if 100% either way, has no bearing on anything.

All it gives is FOSB a stat they can point to to say ‘look! Residents don’t want this!’ if the vote goes in their favour. That it’ll be a tiny sample size of the total electorate won’t matter to them. It’ll be their ‘local’ stat to roll out whenever they fancy it.
...and it'll be our pleasure to shoot it down with the sample size counter.

*County Council land.

Ah, I see County Council land. That makes more sense, I obviously had my landowners mixed up.

How on earth does it cost £7k to run a poll? Are they recording the votes by engraving onto gold bullion?
polling cards posted out by mail, polling station(s) ballot slips and boxes, the counting of votes plus returning officer to announce it

*County Council land.

As I've said many times before, no issue with a vote as long as those who choose not to vote are included as being in favour (if they were that bothered about the loss of their precious green belt then they would surely vote against?).

As I've said many times before, no issue with a vote as long as those who choose not to vote are included as being in favour (if they were that bothered about the loss of their precious green belt then they would surely vote against?).
I'd be happy for them to be counted as 'No Opinion', so you'd probably end up with something like 'Local View: Against Stadium: 3%, For Stadium 2%, No Opinion 95%'. You can then look at the wider arguments.

I was at the meeting in person ( along with my sister) - sat next to bazzer-IMO absolutely farcical how Robey stated there is no vote, then , with pre knowledge, allowed Victoria Campbell to invoke a centuries old law -,which will undoubtedly be invoked again, -to force a poll(vote)- costing KPC council taxpayers £7K.

FoSB appear to have compromising photos or some sort of hold over Robey who really shouldn't be chairing KPC he was out of his depth and floundering for the last half hour or so of the AGM

KPC are in FOSBs pocket, essentially the same organisation with some outside help from a few north Oxford residents, that's obvious now (it pretty much was before).

The vote has no validity, they know most local people are not going to bother turning out to vote for a single issue vote on a bit of scrubland which isn't particularly close to where they live, that's what the nimbys of KPC/FOSB are relying on.

This is a prime example of the corruption of local politics by tiny, aging pressure groups who don't care about the local area but just want to impose a dead stop on any progress as they don't care about jobs, the economy, facilities for the young, disabled or disadvantaged etc as they are are alright, want to keep some (made up in their heads) rural idyllic village which hasn't been Kidlington for years

The irony being if turnout is very low then it further undermines any validity of the vote.

Just listened back to a recording I have of the meeting and the poll question will be 'Should Kidlington Parish Council oppose the building of a football stadium by Oxford United Football Club in Kidlington?'

Vote No!!

And that question is deliberately slightly wishy washy, just like how the question for Scottish independence and Brexit were scrutinised due to the wording of the question. How a question is constructed can help a particular answer.

Just listened back to a recording I have of the meeting and the poll question will be 'Should Kidlington Parish Council oppose the building of a football stadium by Oxford United Football Club in Kidlington?'

Vote No!!
Hopefully that won't be the question, because the ground isn't being built in Kidlington. It should be 'near Kidlington'.

*County Council land.

IF it goes in the favour. Poll to likely happen alongside the local elections

The fight back started last night. Hopefully the club and OxVox can fund the campaign with help from the PR company. If they want a poll, let's have a poll!

Screenshot_20230331_092945_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230331_093008_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20230331_093022_Facebook.jpg

Hopefully that won't be the question, because the ground isn't being built in Kidlington. It should be 'near Kidlington'.

And it isn't being built by OUFC, it's Oxford Park Developments Ltd.

And it's not a football stadium, it's a multi use stadium where a lot of sports may take place.

Also, they're asking people against it to vote Yes to the question, let's hope they get confused and vote no!

Amateurish from FoSB and KPC. If I ran the club and had lawyers I'd get them all over this!

And it isn't being built by OUFC, it's Oxford Park Developments Ltd.

And it's not a football stadium, it's a multi use stadium where a lot of sports may take place.

Also, they're asking people against it to vote Yes to the question, let's hope they get confused and vote no!

Amateurish from FoSB and KPC. If I ran the club and had lawyers I'd get them all over this!

From your link above, it seems the question has been changed into a positive so that is good.

In a clearly predetermined move FoSB have tabled a motion for KPC to hold a poll on the question ' should KPC support the building of the stadium?'

Only just caught up with the thread (and thanks @bazzer9461 for the live posts).

What’s just occurred? FOSB called for a local referendum that was going to go ahead, now isn’t and that’s cost KPC £7k?

Is there a way to rewatch it despite the sound quality issues?

Sounds proper fun in there!

A while ago some wise old owls suggested FoSB are our next Les Wells and was laughed at by several folk. 🤷‍♂️

They are professional campaigners that know & exploit the system.

You will never beat the system by shouting and saying "there is more of us than you" if those people do not do the dull stuff, like voting.

Look out for every opportunity - online consultations, voting in person, banners, marches, PR, social media but above all use the system against FoSB before they find the next trapdoor.

A while ago some wise old owls suggested FoSB are our next Les Wells and was laughed at by several folk. 🤷‍♂️

They are professional campaigners that know & exploit the system.

You will never beat the system by shouting and saying "there is more of us than you" if those people do not do the dull stuff, like voting.

Look out for every opportunity - online consultations, voting in person, banners, marches, PR, social media but above all use the system against FoSB before they find the next trapdoor.

Have FoSB come back yet about the questions over their funding that others raised?

Back
Top Bottom