General 30/03/2023 - KPC meeting

A while ago some wise old owls suggested FoSB are our next Les Wells and was laughed at by several folk. 🤷‍♂️

They are professional campaigners that know & exploit the system.

You will never beat the system by shouting and saying "there is more of us than you" if those people do not do the dull stuff, like voting.

Look out for every opportunity - online consultations, voting in person, banners, marches, PR, social media but above all use the system against FoSB before they find the next trapdoor.

I don't really see FoSB as being the same as Les Wells at all.

He owned something tangible and essential, and was looking for a payday. FoSB are seasoned campaigners against development who are, in my opinion imorrally, using a charitable organisation structure as a front.

Storm in a teacup though isn't it? Even if not precisely this; then surely this sort of opposition tactic was expected all along?

I have to smile , those who oppose the Stadium with such venom who reside in Kidlington better think again! Did these same people complain when Campsfield House was built and used as a young man's detention centre then later as an asylum seekers holding facility? These residents now opposing a great opportunity for Kidlington, your all fickle, give the kids who haven't been born yet to have the facilities that the site could offer or do you want them hanging around on street corners? I say give O.U.F.C. both S.B. and the Triangle !!

No…but they did remove all of the comments on a recent FB post that questioned them.

The following post had various questions by James Schall (Swissyellow?) that have since disappeared:

The Oxford Mail won't do anything as they seem in cahoots but could those questions be put to Radio Oxford and see if they'll follow up?

And it isn't being built by OUFC, it's Oxford Park Developments Ltd.

And it's not a football stadium, it's a multi use stadium where a lot of sports may take place.

Also, they're asking people against it to vote Yes to the question, let's hope they get confused and vote no!

Amateurish from FoSB and KPC. If I ran the club and had lawyers I'd get them all over this!
I think those points are very relevant and if included in any format of the question to be posed would influence response. The whole issue of a community use facility is overlooked by FoSB.
If you follow their approach you will have 1,000's of new houses and residents being forced to travel miles for any sporting activity or local community groups. Very positive stance from our Green party candidates !

The most important thing here is that we don’t lose sight of the fact that we need as many people as we can to vote in the poll.
Last night @bazzer9461 said the vote for a poll was 65 to 60 so taking this forward we may still lose but say it’s 60/40 against us that means there are a lot of people who do want the stadium.So this would hardly be a ringing endorsement for KPC or FoSB
No the vote was on the different wording to be put to the poll as far as I understand there had to be a poll because they had ten signatures.

No the vote was on the different wording to be put to the poll as far as I understand there had to be a poll because they had ten signatures.
Thanks Danny
Well done for speaking up yesterday.Now we need to get as many OUFC fans and their friends and families who are allowed on the poll to vote

Thanks Danny
Well done for speaking up yesterday.Now we need to get as many OUFC fans and their friends and families who are allowed on the poll to vote
And let's make sure which question got passed because I have say I was totally confused at the end. When we are sure if the question then we campaign on yes or no. Liam is pretty confident as is Danielle her changed version got through. I've asked the clerk to furnish me with both questions and which one is being submitted, she going to be pretty busy today though.

And let's make sure which question got passed because I have say I was totally confused at the end. When we are sure if the question then we campaign on yes or no. Liam is pretty confident as is Danielle her changed version got through. I've asked the clerk to furnish me with both questions and which one is being submitted, she going to be pretty busy today though.
Given KPC's closeness to FoSB, I imagine it will be something like:

Question: Do you reject the development of a new stadium on the Scrubland Triangle?

A) Yes
B) No thanks to a new stadium

Those wishing to justifiably complain about the conduct of Robey and KPC need to contact KPC first and the Cherwell DC if unhappy with the resolution (and surely the only acceptable resolution is the Chair's resignation plus that of the councillors who accepted endorsement from FoSB in the December by-election (triggered in part by Victoria Campbell's resignation as a councillor).

KPC's contact details are here: http://www.kidlington-pc.gov.uk/Contact_Us_22839.aspx

Cherwell DC complaints are here: https://www.cherwell.gov.uk/info/5/your-council/921/complaints-of-councillor-misconduct

Mods: can this thread be merged with the main stadium thread?

Those wishing to justifiably complain about the conduct of Robey and KPC need to contact KPC first and the Cherwell DC if unhappy with the resolution (and surely the only acceptable resolution is the Chair's resignation plus that of the councillors who accepted endorsement from FoSB in the December by-election (triggered in part by Victoria Campbell's resignation as a councillor).

KPC's contact details are here: http://www.kidlington-pc.gov.uk/Contact_Us_22839.aspx

Cherwell DC complaints are here: https://www.cherwell.gov.uk/info/5/your-council/921/complaints-of-councillor-misconduct

Mods: can this thread be merged with the main stadium thread?
I purposely made the meeting updates separate, for ease of viewing.

A while ago some wise old owls suggested FoSB are our next Les Wells and was laughed at by several folk. 🤷‍♂️

They are professional campaigners that know & exploit the system.

You will never beat the system by shouting and saying "there is more of us than you" if those people do not do the dull stuff, like voting.

Look out for every opportunity - online consultations, voting in person, banners, marches, PR, social media but above all use the system against FoSB before they find the next trapdoor.
I was actually thinking this a few weeks ago!

Back
Top Bottom