National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

And not corrupt. Supposedly.

Frédéric Bastiat

QR

C`est la vie.

There will always be those at the top profiting from the rest.

In every town, village, city, state or country in the world.

Cameron get £7 million for a couple of years part time work.......... no point mithering about it its happened.
Doesn`t impact me or you and, in the grander scheme of life, doesn`t stop him from dying same as all of us.

C`est la vie.

Cameron get £7 million for a couple of years part time work.......... no point mithering about it its happened.
Doesn`t impact me or you and, in the grander scheme of life, doesn`t stop him from dying same as all of us.

It has lost its investors millions this possibly includes pension funds so it could well have affected the general public ie. You and me

C`est la vie.

You are wrong. UK taxpayers are on the hook as well. Suggest you watch tonight's Panorama.

It has lost its investors millions this possibly includes pension funds so it could well have affected the general public ie. You and me
You are wrong. UK taxpayers are on the hook as well. Suggest you watch tonight's Panorama.

Greensill has only been around for 10 years so the UK taxpayer certainly won`t be in as deep as Credit Suisse and others.
Any loss will be caused by the domino effect when such companies go under, Sanjeev Gupta (British Steel) was funding the venture through Greensill so "we" will probably fill that gap but there is a potential of return as well as keeping folk in work etc.

Just another dubious finance scheme trying to make numbers from spreadsheets.................

If Cameron's, Greensill's and Gupta's noses weren't so deep in the trough maybe there world be a bit more money to go around to save jobs. For every person taking out more than their fair share there are others who are losing out.

Greensill has only been around for 10 years so the UK taxpayer certainly won`t be in as deep as Credit Suisse and others.
Any loss will be caused by the domino effect when such companies go under, Sanjeev Gupta (British Steel) was funding the venture through Greensill so "we" will probably fill that gap but there is a potential of return as well as keeping folk in work etc.

Just another dubious finance scheme trying to make numbers from spreadsheets.................

Would be handy if a transcript of the afr link could be put up, it's paywalled.

If Cameron's, Greensill's and Gupta's noses weren't so deep in the trough maybe there world be a bit more money to go around to save jobs. For every person taking out more than their fair share there are others who are losing out.

Unless you can define that "fair share" then it's pointless worrying about it.

The rest of it is called life.

It's not fair, never has been, never will be, and won`t change.

The best we can hope for is that there is "opportunity" available for the majority which, broadly speaking, there is.

We also need to remember money doesn`t exist, it is all digits, credits, and debits on spreadsheets these days and is becoming a self-defining Ponzi scheme.

Such schemes are self-sustaining as long as cash outflows can be matched by monetary inflows............. we are reaching the point where the inflow is greatly reduced, "we" aren`t making the transactions so lots of people are getting burnt especially those who are "selling" what doesn`t actually exist which is what Greensill did.
Selling/buying an unpaid invoice comes with a massive risk that it might not get paid come the rainy day.

C`est la vie.

Would be handy if a transcript of the afr link could be put up, it's paywalled.

Clear your cookies if you have exceeded a paywall free read limit, use Incognito, or stop the page loading before the paywall lands. ;)

Unless you can define that "fair share" then it's pointless worrying about it.

The rest of it is called life.

It's not fair, never has been, never will be, and won`t change.

The best we can hope for is that there is "opportunity" available for the majority which, broadly speaking, there is.

We also need to remember money doesn`t exist, it is all digits, credits, and debits on spreadsheets these days and is becoming a self-defining Ponzi scheme.

Such schemes are self-sustaining as long as cash outflows can be matched by monetary inflows............. we are reaching the point where the inflow is greatly reduced, "we" aren`t making the transactions so lots of people are getting burnt especially those who are "selling" what doesn`t actually exist which is what Greensill did.
Selling/buying an unpaid invoice comes with a massive risk that it might not get paid come the rainy day.

C`est la vie.
The number of UK billionaires has grown by 490% under the Tories

During the same period, use of Trussel Trust food banks has grown by 5,582%

Some measures to even that out would be a good place to start.

But hey, if you feel disenfranchised and that your opinion or vote counts for nothing and can;t ever change anything, then carry on in your safe little bubble.

It's not case of ever was it thus. It is a case of the gap grows wider, the longer the Selfservatives want it to be that way and you lend them your vote to maintain the "status quo".

Truly Dickensian....and then some!

The number of UK billionaires has grown by 490% under the Tories

During the same period, use of Trussel Trust food banks has grown by 5,582%

Some measures to even that out would be a good place to start.

But hey, if you feel disenfranchised and that your opinion or vote counts for nothing and can;t ever change anything, then carry on in your safe little bubble.

It's not case of ever was it thus. It is a case of the gap grows wider, the longer the Selfservatives want it to be that way and you lend them your vote to maintain the "status quo".

Truly Dickensian....and then some!

You don't become a billionaire without hard graft and determination. Something those feckless layabouts in the 5,5892% need to learn fairly sharpish! Too much Playstation, expensive clothes, kids and holidays and not enough graft.

When I was just a boy I held down two jobs and ate jam sandwiches if I was lucky while my parents went out to earn an honest days living. Not any more, it's all on a plate in front of Jeremy Kyle.

Where's it got me? Comfortable job, manuka honey, Edinburgh Woollen Mill sweatshirts and the opportunity to look down on people.

*(tongue firmly in cheek)

You don't become a billionaire without hard graft and determination. Something those feckless layabouts in the 5,5892% need to learn fairly sharpish! Too much Playstation, expensive clothes, kids and holidays and not enough graft.

When I was just a boy I held down two jobs and ate jam sandwiches if I was lucky while my parents went out to earn an honest days living. Not any more, it's all on a plate in front of Jeremy Kyle.

Where's it got me? Comfortable job, manuka honey, Edinburgh Woollen Mill sweatshirts and the opportunity to look down on people.

*(tongue firmly in cheek)

Careful…. Many a true word is spoken in jest 😱

Back
Top Bottom