National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

That may be.
I just find it odd how some Tory voters feel they have a sense of duty or loyalty to circle the wagons when a Tory leader, or quite often Minister, come under criticism.

When I give my vote to someone, I want to make damn sure they’re held to the highest standards possible. Otherwise you’re just choosing your preferred flavour of incompetence and probably corruption too.

It is possible to be both a Conservative voter and a tactical voter as well so votes are often "loaned" depending on what one is voting for. :)

When it comes to standards I wonder how many of the 650 in the HoC measure up or have skeletons in the office cupboard?

Incompetence is not unique to one side of the house either.

A man born in the wrong era.
Such “thinking outside the box” would earn a well deserved promotion under Johnson’s glorious rule!
You wouldn’t have pesky judges stifling a genius of Aitken’s abilities in 2021!!

It is possible to be both a Conservative voter and a tactical voter as well so votes are often "loaned" depending on what one is voting for. :)

When it comes to standards I wonder how many of the 650 in the HoC measure up or have skeletons in the office cupboard?

Incompetence is not unique to one side of the house either.
Tactical voters don’t scramble to defend a member of a party to whom they cast their vote.

I’m sure there are skeletons in some of the cupboards of the remaining 308. But let’s not forget our Conservative friendly tabloid press will have them under much tighter scrutiny.

Just look at the number of scandals per Party over the past 40 years. One Party in particular is “World beating”.

Five years ago, you could be forgiven for thinking the footage was lifted from a satirical TV program.
How have we fallen so far, so fast??
Always going to happen the moment the Tories chose Populism over pragmatism.

So balls deep were they in the "Ra ra ra, Get Brexit done/teach Johnny Foreigner a lesson about GREAT Britain (and smash those lefty libs into the bargain)", that they forgot there's a whole other 65% of the population that they also need to govern in the best interests of. But then I guess they've never really been bothered about that bit...."vote for us or suffer" seemed to be the mantra. That seems to have shifted somewhat to "vote for us AND suffer".

The moment they chose personality over ability was they day they lost the plot.

But it didn't stop some crowing about "HUGE majorities" and "opinion polls" and "non-existent opposition", rather than face up to the fact they had just completely dropped the whole nation right in the s**t.

I hate the situation we find ourselves in as the UK, but I cannot pretend that the schadenfreude of Boris latest predicament isn't providing some light relief.

FEy5CT5WQAchUVy

and of course, lets not forget that even when talking b*****ks about a cartoon pig Boris cannot help but lie.
"Who would have believed, Tony, that a pig that looks like a hairdryer or possibly, well a sort-of Picasso-like hairdryer, a pig that was rejected by the BBC would now be exported to 180 countries, with theme parks both in America and in China, as well as in the New Forest. And a business that is worth at least £6bn to this country – £6bn and counting. Now, I think that it is pure genius, don’t you? Peppa Pig?"
Great bluster by the boosterman, but of course a lie. The creators of Peppa Pig did not offer the programme to the BBC, part because they wanted to keep control of the licensing and commercial aspects, and partly because they didn't like the BBC's approach to pitches ("too negative").
In the end Peppa Pig was funded/commissioned by Nick Jr/Channel 5/EU Media Fund.
Oops....Brexiteer BoJo's favourite pig was part funded by the EU :)

and of course, lets not forget that even when talking b*****ks about a cartoon pig Boris cannot help but lie.
"Who would have believed, Tony, that a pig that looks like a hairdryer or possibly, well a sort-of Picasso-like hairdryer, a pig that was rejected by the BBC would now be exported to 180 countries, with theme parks both in America and in China, as well as in the New Forest. And a business that is worth at least £6bn to this country – £6bn and counting. Now, I think that it is pure genius, don’t you? Peppa Pig?"
Great bluster by the boosterman, but of course a lie. The creators of Peppa Pig did not offer the programme to the BBC, part because they wanted to keep control of the licensing and commercial aspects, and partly because they didn't like the BBC's approach to pitches ("too negative").
In the end Peppa Pig was funded/commissioned by Nick Jr/Channel 5/EU Media Fund.
Oops....Brexiteer BoJo's favourite pig was part funded by the EU :)
I also wonder how the "worth £6bn to this country" is calculated?

Is that what they have paid to UKPLC in taxes, or just what the company is worth to the owners (they were sold to American toy giant Hasbro for £3.3bn in 2019)?

I've no idea by the way 🤷‍♂️

I also wonder how the "worth £6bn to this country" is calculated?

Is that what they have paid to UKPLC in taxes, or just what the company is worth to the owners (they were sold to American toy giant Hasbro for £3.3bn in 2019)?

I've no idea by the way 🤷‍♂️
The turnover of Entertainment One (the production co of which Peppa Pig was one product) before they were bought out was less than £1bn with less than £100m profit.

Back
Top Bottom