Tickets Cambridge Away (05 Aug 23) Tickets and Trains

I’m sure with a couple more signings plus our 25 goals a season striker they will be snapped up pretty quickly

So, we have 1,078 initial tickets and 5/6 days after they go on sale we have less than 300 left, meaning we've sold 800 in that time and that's bad? I'd say it's pretty good and would expect the rest to go easily, as well as the extra 400 we can have, given that there were still 12 days to go until the game, at the time of the announcement.

So, we have 1,078 initial tickets and 5/6 days after they go on sale we have less than 300 left, meaning we've sold 800 in that time and that's bad? I'd say it's pretty good and would expect the rest to go easily, as well as the extra 400 we can have, given that there were still 12 days to go until the game, at the time of the announcement.
Who said it was bad?

Wasn't 'piddling amount' mentioned on the previous page? Its sort of the feeling I've had from reading posts from a handful as well to be fair.
Someone who rang the ticket office on Friday to book their Swansea tickets was told that we had sold our initial allocation of 1000 tickets and had requested the additional 400, so the club’s communication seemed to conflict with this, hence querying whether we had sold 700 or 1100!

I actually thought if we had sold that initial thousand so quickly, that was a great achievement, but even if it was 700 it’s still a great achievement, as Colin says we should sell 1400–1500 tickets by the time we kickoff

Last edited:
Someone who rang the ticket office on Friday to book their Swansea tickets was told that we had sold our initial allocation of 1000 tickets and had requested the additional 400, so the club’s communication seemed to conflict with this, hence querying whether we had sold 700 or 1100!

I actually thought if we had sold that initial thousand so quickly, that was a great achievement, but even if it was 700 it’s still a great achievement, as Colin says we should sell 1400–1500 tickets by the time we kickoff
Yeah I agree, I certainly wasn't reading your posts as negatively slanted.

Tickets arrived this morning. Franked yesterday so looks like the ticket office are struggling with staffing.

Tickets arrived this morning. Franked yesterday so looks like the ticket office are struggling with staffing.
Ours arrived this morning too. I ordered a Bristol City ticket at the same time. No Bristol City ticket in the envelope.

I've just rung the ticket office. I was told they process each game separately and the Bristol City ticket will be put in the post today.
Very polite customer service but very inefficient and a waste of postage.
I've never come across this before. In previous seasons when I've order tickets for two or three games at a time provided OUFC have received them from home team they've all been put in the same envelope and sent out together.

I've just rung the ticket office. I was told they process each game separately and the Bristol City ticket will be put in the post today.
Very polite customer service but very inefficient and a waste of postage.
I've never come across this before. In previous seasons when I've order tickets for two or three games at a time provided OUFC have received them from home team they've all been put in the same envelope and sent out together.
I’ve had our Bristol City tickets for a week, but still don’t have the Cambridge ones yet!!

Still waiting on Cambridge tickets to arrive ordered the day they went on sale I have emailed the ticket office so will wait to hear

Both of mine arrived on the same day, albeit in two separate envelopes

I've had a response from Lee Barton regarding ticketing and the lack of a collect option for Cambridge tickets. He has this to say:

"Over the course of the season a small number of away tickets will be made available for postage only, as was the case last season. The rationale for this can vary, sometimes due to operational necessity and on occasion, at the request of our hosts."

Anybody's guess as to which category Cambridge tickets fall into.

Back
Top Bottom