General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's part of my post from a week ago, saying exactly that, but some people didn't want to believe it:

"The EFL don't make the announcements Baz, the clubs do, and as I've said I'm not their PA. I could guess that they're waiting until the last share transfers in the holding company go through, but I'd only be speculating."

And to finish 👀👀
Eye eye Colin, not expecting to hear something are we?

If this forum is typical - and perhaps it isn’t - there are a fair number of articulate, intelligent and thoughtful supporters who would love to know what is happening to their football club, but who are being kept in the dark and treated with a degree of contempt by those who know. After well over 50 years following Oxford, I have rarely felt as disillusioned and disappointed with the current situation and the lack of communication. And no, a faux informative set up interview of Robinson by Chris Williams doesn’t do it for me.

I’ve got to say I have felt confused, angry and let down by OUFC’s owners and management many many times in my 35 years of supporting them.

If there is anything different this time it is maybe that we seem in danger of failing to take a great opportunity. But I also think that could just be the fallacy of thinking current events are more significant than past ones.

I’ve got to say I have felt confused, angry and let down by OUFC’s owners and management many many times in my 35 years of supporting them.

If there is anything different this time it is maybe that we seem in danger of failing to take a great opportunity. But I also think that could just be the fallacy of thinking current events are more significant than past ones.

Quite.

I'm not at Kemp or lower-half of the Conference dejection levels yet.

That's not to say I'm pleased with current proceedings - I'm not.

If this forum is typical - and perhaps it isn’t - there are a fair number of articulate, intelligent and thoughtful supporters who would love to know what is happening to their football club, but who are being kept in the dark and treated with a degree of contempt by those who know. After well over 50 years following Oxford, I have rarely felt as disillusioned and disappointed with the current situation and the lack of communication. And no, a faux informative set up interview of Robinson by Chris Williams doesn’t do it for me.
I don't think you are alone in feeling disenchanted and there is no shame in that. Right now things aren't great on the pitch which does sharpen the focus on off-field matters. It's not easy to be motivated when there doesn't appear to be a clear plan (there might be, it would be helpful if this was quantified by a figurehead). I'm disenchanted myself right now with the club and almost embarrassed to say that I just can't get that invested in games this season; They seem to just pass me by a bit. For the first time in a very long time I'm indifferent about results. It's difficult to be invested in the club at this moment beyond the blind loyalty we all showcase each Saturday.

The reality off the pitch is that things haven't changed that much at boardroom level in relation to the lack of communication since the back-end of last year. The communication was just as unclear almost 12 months ago (barring an interview from Anindya) however if ever we were playing well, most concerns right now wouldn't have been a focal nor as a concerning topic as they are right now given our aim was promotion and we were still in a position to make good on that ambition. We could still do that this season, it's an uphill battle this season already.

A football club is a form of escapism, particularly when the monotony of work or personal circumstances aren't favourable. It should therefore serve the supporters in that way. Speaking from experience, my dad passed away from cancer a matter of days following the Wycombe game to secure promotion (we knew it was an inevitability at this point). That game allowed him (and us) to suspend reality for an afternoon of football. He managed to smile a lot that day. Football by this point was his only escapism if only for fleeting moments. It helped that we were a bloody good side and winning to support that escapism!

Today we aren't a very good side which doesn't help my escapism and communication off the pitch is less than ideal. One can sometimes temporarily cover the other however in this instance neither are supportive to a football club pulling in the right direction.

Last edited:
I don't think you are alone in feeling disenchanted and there is no shame in that. Right now things aren't great on the pitch which does sharpen the focus on off-field matters. It's not easy to be motivated when there doesn't appear to be a clear plan (there might be, it would be helpful if this was quantified by a figurehead). I'm disenchanted myself right now with the club and almost embarrassed to say that I just can't get that invested in games this season; They seem to just pass me by a bit. For the first time in a very long time I'm indifferent about results. It's difficult to be invested in the club at this moment beyond the blind loyalty we all showcase each Saturday.

The reality off the pitch is that things haven't changed that much at boardroom level in relation to the lack of communication since the back-end of last year. The communication was just as unclear almost 12 months ago (barring an interview from Anindya) however if ever we were playing well, most concerns right now wouldn't have been a focal nor as a concerning topic as they are right now given our aim was promotion and we were still in a position to make good on that ambition. We could still do that this season, it's an uphill battle this season already.

A football club is a form of escapism, particularly when the monotony of work or personal circumstances aren't favourable. It should therefore serve the supporters in that way. Speaking from experience, my dad passed away from cancer a matter of days following the Wycombe game to secure promotion (we knew it was an inevitability at this point). That game allowed him (and us) to suspend reality for an afternoon of football. He managed to smile a lot that day. Football by this point was his only escapism if only for fleeting moments. It helped that we were a bloody good side and winning to support that escapism!

Today we aren't a very good side which doesn't help my escapism and communication off the pitch is less than ideal. One can sometimes temporarily cover the other however in this instance neither are supportive to a football club pulling in the right direction.
Wonderful story about your Dad and days like that and beating top tier opposition or just playing amazingly well are the things that bind us fans together.
We all remember the dark days of the Conference but that one day at Wembley made us so joyous we were back. I haven’t cried much at football matches but I did when we went down and I did that day at Wembley.
Most of the time we have goodish seasons if we’re not relegated and the season ebbs and flows but something doesn’t seem right this year
We have had wonderful financial input from the Board, we are striving to get a new ground, the training facility is top notch and yet why do I have this feeling that all is not well.
The non communication from the Board is disconcerting, now the paperwork is complete surely they can talk to the press. What is more concerning is what has happened since April when we lost out on a playoff place. Instead of improving the team we have gone backwards whatever KR comes up with and not to fill our squad places is appalling no wonder fans are demanding answers.
Those answers can only come from the Board so I’m hoping we hear something soon or this unrest will grow and grow especially with a run of games against difficult opposition

Is that official enough for some people!?!

Maybe this is the start of changes in the structure throughout (football and business).

• React
Reactions: BDJ
Took their time! Someone positive announcements in that though, here's hoping it's the start of a wide ranging review of the current make up of the club behind the scenes.

It’s finally happened! Good to see there’s been a shakeup at the top level with a new Chief Exec coming in, hopefully he can be in control of the football side more than Niall was (whilst appreciating the contribution Niall’s had towards the progress with the stadium).

I look forward to the more well informed people interpreting this, but it looks positive - an end to speculation, and a new chief executive augmenting rather than replacing what we have.

It’s finally happened! Good to see there’s been a shakeup at the top level with a new Chief Exec coming in, hopefully he can be in control of the football side more than Niall was (whilst appreciating the contribution Niall’s had towards the progress with the stadium).
He looks like more of a money man than a football guy. I wonder if the manager will report to him though?

He looks like more of a money man than a football guy. I wonder if the manager will report to him though?

Although reading the article, he has involvement with other football clubs so will understand different football side structures and those clubs will mostly have a Director of Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom