General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, well, well, It's finally official, Billionaire owner's and a new executive structure.
Very interesting that the first interview given by the new CEO and he not only reiterates but expands upon the "top 30 club" mantra (to the embarrassment of some),
There are no other priorities, they are twin pillars, they move along independently of each other and when they come together, that's when we have a fundamentally different Oxford united
.... It's front, right and centre of our strategy, there's no doubt about that .... it essentially means getting promoted to the championship .... that and the stadium move is our two goals moving forward.

So how does this fit with the current on-field performances & results?, obviously there is a discrepancy.
The official announcement would have been a natural point for KR to be relived of his position and a new manager unveiled, that hasn't happened so KR will be given more time, how much time is the real question now.

Whilst the structure at the senior level now looks ALOT better, the lower / middle structure is still seemingly just KR and regardless of anything else this has to change.
The age of the manager is over, these duties are now shared between a small efficient team of people.

Exciting times a head for OUFC.

Last edited:
"There are no other priorities, they are twin pillars, they move along independently of each other and when they come together, that's when we have a fundamentally different Oxford united
.... It's front, right and centre of our strategy, there's no doubt about that .... it essentially means getting promoted to the championship .... that and the stadium move is our two goals moving forward."

Still no left back then...:(

Well, well, well, It's finally official, Billionaire owner's and a new executive structure.
Very interesting that the first interview given by the new CEO and he not only reiterates but expands upon the "top 30 club" mantra (to the embarrassment of some),

So how does this fit with the current on-field performances & results?, obviously there is a discrepancy.
The official announcement would have been a natural point for KR to be relived of his position and a new manager unveiled, that hasn't happened so KR will be given more time, how much time is yet is the real question now.

Whilst the structure at the senior level now looks ALOT better, the lower / middle structure is still seemingly just KR and regardless of anything else this has to change.
The age of the manager is over, these duties are now shared between a small efficient team of people.

Exciting times a head for OUFC.
B-b-b-but promotion doesn’t matter to them! They aren’t interested! Bakrie didn’t go on camera a year ago and describe promotion as “vital” to a stadium move which has now been dubbed “critical”, while specifically stating that two years would be ideal because you want success and growth to occur during the planning application process!

Stop telling lies! 😭

B-b-b-but promotion doesn’t matter to them! They aren’t interested! Bakrie didn’t go on camera a year ago and describe promotion as “vital” to a stadium move which has now been dubbed “critical”, while specifically stating that two years would be ideal because you want success and growth to occur during the planning application process!

Stop telling lies! 😭
Even in my short time posting on here, some of the S**t that I have seen that has been said to disagree with you is ridiculous.

Seems we might need to look at Brisbane Roar to see the potential journey that awaits us............................... :oops:

Must say that hasn’t filled me with confidence! But I’ll trust the word of the knowledgable posters on here

Even in my short time posting on here, some of the S**t that I have seen that has been said to disagree with you is ridiculous.
None of it was ever opinion - the guy funding the football club literally went on camera and told everybody what he wanted, when he wanted it, and why those were the targets and timelines. Zero guesswork. He sat right there in front of the BBC and said it all with his own mouth. A billionaire businessman who deals with captains of industry and even entire governments of nations from every corner of the world. And then a handful of people seemed to imply that he didn’t mean what he said, cos y’know… maybe it got lost in translation or something.

The bloke probably understands the English language better than half the people in the stands, and he and the club as a whole have repeated numerous times that promotion is an essential part of a stadium move that, in their own words, is critical to the football club’s future. There is nothing to debate and there are no opinions. There never should have been to begin with and I cannot believe that anybody, let alone a number of people, ever argued against the words of the people keeping the club in existence. But there we go. An end at last.

As I have said time and again - the club doesn’t have to act big to show the manager it’s serious. He and others on the payroll have to prove that they can keep up with it. Oxford United > individuals.

Seems we might need to look at Brisbane Roar to see the potential journey that awaits us............................... :oops:

Plenty in that article that explains why Championship football and a shiny new stadium is absolutely vital to OUFC and its future survival. Especially the part about the Bakrie’s not being willing to sell until they can recoup their investment, which includes mega millions on training facilities. Bakrie has also gone on the record here in the past and mentioned that a Championship club with a nice stadium to monetise and a sound operational infrastructure becomes a sellable asset. How do people think he ever plans on recouping if there’s no stadium and no Championship football club in it? The club and its status / level is essential to the value of the board’s collective hand. A great property development with a successful tenant is where the money is.

Again - it’s all out there. It’s always been out there. People merely hear or block out the bits that they do or don’t like. Sign of the times, I guess. One person’s opinion is worth as much as someone else’s facts and all that.

Hopefully people get behind the football club and its need for success and we don’t hear any more of this, “I would be happy to stay in League One holding Karl’s hand forever. We were in the Conference once, you know!”

None of it was ever opinion - the guy funding the football club literally went on camera and told everybody what he wanted, when he wanted it, and why those were the targets and timelines. Zero guesswork. He sat right there in front of the BBC and said it all with his own mouth. A billionaire businessman who deals with captains of industry and even entire governments of nations from every corner of the world. And then a handful of people seemed to imply that he didn’t mean what he said, cos y’know… maybe it got lost in translation or something.

The bloke probably understands the English language better than half the people in the stands, and he and the club as a whole have repeated numerous times that promotion is an essential part of a stadium move that, in their own words, is critical to the football club’s future. There is nothing to debate and there are no opinions. There never should have been to begin with and I cannot believe that anybody, let alone a number of people, ever argued against the words of the people keeping the club in existence. But there we go. An end at last.

As I have said time and again - the club doesn’t have to act big to show the manager it’s serious. He and others on the payroll have to prove that they can keep up with it. Oxford United > individuals.

Plenty in that article that explains why Championship football and a shiny new stadium is absolutely vital to OUFC and its future survival. Especially the part about the Bakrie’s not being willing to sell until they can recoup their investment, which includes mega millions on training facilities. Bakrie has also gone on the record here in the past and mentioned that a Championship club with a nice stadium to monetise and a sound operational infrastructure becomes a sellable asset. How do people think he ever plans on recouping if there’s no stadium and no Championship football club in it? The club and its status / level is essential to the value of the board’s collective hand. A great property development with a successful tenant is where the money is.

Again - it’s all out there. It’s always been out there. People merely hear or block out the bits that they do or don’t like. Sign of the times, I guess. One person’s opinion is worth as much as someone else’s facts and all that.

Hopefully people get behind the football club and its need for success and we don’t hear any more of this, “I would be happy to stay in League One holding Karl’s hand forever. We were in the Conference once, you know!”
And yet, give it a few pages and someone will be repeating the same nonsense again.
At least a few of us will be celebrating the new stadium, Championship football and nice shiny wine bar on the side of the canal accessible directly from our private mooring spot.

And yet, give it a few pages and someone will be repeating the same nonsense again.
At least a few of us will be celebrating the new stadium, Championship football and nice shiny wine bar on the side of the canal accessible directly from our private mooring spot.

Can you moor up a yellow submarine.

We've got super Thohir & Bakrie
They know exactly what we need
With success on the field
And the new stadium being built
Oxford on the way to top 30

I believe, this ownership is so serious, it will want Play-Off football at least, this season.

We will be looking for a new manager next week if we lose on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom