General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Oxford University are paying out 2 million for the North Oxford Golf course, I doubt they’re doing it to accommodate a football stadium.

But that site is huge, I would say around 3 x the size of the grenoble road plot. They could sell a third to us and develop the other 2 thirds themselves. Who knows lots of possibilities.

A big rumour I am hearing is we are back off to Quarry Rec, an early home of ours. Council have just put new changing rooms in so it’s ready to go, as long as we make everyone stand in height order (Jake Wrights at the front, super Kev Francis’s at the back) we won’t need stands and we be able to fit in loads. These billionaires didn’t get rich by not thinking outside the box.

A big rumour I am hearing is we are back off to Quarry Rec, an early home of ours. Council have just put new changing rooms in so it’s ready to go, as long as we make everyone stand in height order (Jake Wrights at the front, super Kev Francis’s at the back) we won’t need stands and we be able to fit in loads. These billionaires didn’t get rich by not thinking outside the box.
Yes well all options are still on the table. I reckon we’ll dig up our pitch and move it to City. They’ve already built turnstiles for away fans

Land with PP for housing around here in the grim Midlands is £1 million an acre.

Knock up 10 3 beds to the acre at £220-£240k and that's where the developer makes their bit.

Could probably add 50% into the equation down that way ........... makes for pricey mud to build "Stadium Ox" on.

Unless "they" are buying the whole chebang in cahoots with the Uni ?

"University of Oxford United Stadium"............ :)

Land with PP for housing around here in the grim Midlands is £1 million an acre.

Knock up 10 3 beds to the acre at £220-£240k and that's where the developer makes their bit.

Could probably add 50% into the equation down that way ........... makes for pricey mud to build "Stadium Ox" on.

Unless "they" are buying the whole chebang in cahoots with the Uni ?

"University of Oxford United Stadium"............ :)
Yes let’s make that Cambridge game the real varsity derby

The Saturday morning market in quarry hollow park could be encouraged to stay on a bit longer to do the food , 3 pubs as well…..

While I understand the land has been set aside for housing it doesn't automatically mean every acre of that land has to be used for housing, it can be adopted to take schools, leisure so why not a football stadium? Erick and Bakrie are worth more then the likes of Taylor Wimpey.

Let's see what happens.

Errr… no

Sorry, I was being sarcastic!! It's just not worth debating anymore!

So Mr Egg.

Let’s have your say on it.

You say we won’t stay at GR, fair enough.

Where do think the new ground will be built.

Simple question, let’s have a simple, straight answer.

But that site is huge, I would say around 3 x the size of the grenoble road plot. They could sell a third to us and develop the other 2 thirds themselves. Who knows lots of possibilities.
There are so we will have to wait and see

North Oxford Golf Club will appeal. They've been offered land the other side of Banbury Road North to relocate but they're unhappy because its flat and farmland at the moment. Will take decades to mature into a decent course.

All joking aside we do know that the club have bought some land because it was mentioned in the last accounts. Unfortunately there is no way to know where the land is located at the moment. All we have to go on is speculation (and wishful thinking) but there is no doubt that the Golf Club would have many advantages in terms of space and good transport infrastructure to make both the stadium and the money making developments viable. It's even quite well located for Kidlington Airport should anyone need to get to the stadium by private plane or helicopter in a hurry.

All joking aside we do know that the club have bought some land because it was mentioned in the last accounts. Unfortunately there is no way to know where the land is located at the moment. All we have to go on is speculation (and wishful thinking) but there is no doubt that the Golf Club would have many advantages in terms of space and good transport infrastructure to make both the stadium and the money making developments viable. It's even quite well located for Kidlington Airport should anyone need to get to the stadium by private plane or helicopter in a hurry.
Sir Les???? 😂😂😂

May have bought land but people seem to think it yet can build a stadium on it……there are still planning applications, consultations, appeal after appeal, these take time and I don’t mean 6-12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom