CWC 19 : England V Australia

The Aussie batting order
https://media1.giphy.com/media/2ZFuPKWcSw16E/giphy.gif

Starc looks to havea knee problem? ...hope so, anything that 'hamstrings' the convicts ability to bowl & field in this match is good news

286 to win .... (& hopefully move back into the all important semi final qualifyng top 4 )

Great come back from the England bowlers. Unlucky early on, but 286 is the total to win this game. It’s achievable, but the ball will move around a bit, so the openers will need to be watchful.

Would've taken 285 at the start - hell after 20 overs, I'd have taken 320!

So....very gettable, especially against an Aussie attack that falls off sharply after Starc & Cummins. We'll learn a lot about the bottle of the England side, and whether they've mentally got what it takes to win this thing (we know we've got the talent), in the next few hours.

Dreading Vince starting the chase. I think even if he scores a century I’d drop him, and put Roy back in.

Roy and Bairstow compliment each other very well.

Poor final over from Stokes. Not sure he’s the player who should be bowling at the death.
I agree.
After praising Morgan for his handling of the bowlers, I think that he miscalculated a little by bowling Archer an over short and having to bowl Stokes for the last over.
Having said that, if we dont have a bad start v Starc and Cummins then we should do it.
Agree with Strauss that we cant get far behind the run rate and let Lyon put a lot of pressure on the batsmen in the middle of the innings

Vince gone for a duck. Great delivery, but a shocking batsman.

ECB and selectors never pick him again.

One ball. One ******* ball.

Get shot of him, he's a walking wicket.

I'd like to apologise to everyone on the thread for raising hopes that his score might get into the teens....

Last edited:
Oh FFS ... its a waste Vince even being in the Squad

One ball. One ******* ball.

Get shot of him, he's a walking wicket.

I'd like to apologise to everyone on the thread for raising hopes that he score might get into the teens....
Sorry for being pedantic but 2 balls ...

Sorry for being pedantic but 2 balls ...
to be fair it was the one (match) ball that got him .... and re his batting ability I doubt if Vince has any balls, (theyve not dropped yet!) :oops:

James Vince should have gone after Sri Lanka. He wasn’t the only one to blame that day but he’s exposed now. It’s like batting with a man down which is unfair on the rest of the team.

2 0vers in and a wicket down, England's required run rate only marginally behind whats needed ( around 6 per over)

Back
Top Bottom