Manager/Coach Des Buckingham

I was one for letting him have the summer - but we will just end up with the same sh!t in September. A competent manager should be able to at least organise and motivate a team - he clearly cannot.

Have added a poll, unfortunately that is it for me too, really wanted him to succeed but the performances are just appalling.

I have voted 'Yes' but I don't think it will happen. The football side of the club seems to be the last thing of concern to the 'senior management team'.

He has to go. We look like a Sunday league team with no improvement since he’s come in. He’s had time and theres been 0 signs of improvement. Tonight’s performance has been disgusting

Sorry to say, as I like the guy, but even if we improve he’s proven he’s not a coach that could get us promoted.

Des seems like a really nice guy and is an Oxford lad and fan by all accounts. But he’s clearly totally out of his depth.

We have definitely gone backwards
The concern to me is how poor we are defensively. We are so easy to score against.
Bolton are a very good team, but 5 0? Virtually no attacking threat and totally outplayed. Not good enough

plenty of people on this forum wanted him.
Personally I had absolutely no idea how suitable he was. Did anyone? He certainly didn't have a track record in English football to go on. We were assured he wasn't the cheap option, so presumably whoever decided he was the man to take over had some sort of reason to think he was suitable? I hope they weren't just seduced by that 'City Group' B*****s.

plenty of people on this forum wanted him.
Plenty of people on this forum (myself included) pointed out that John Eustace was a much more sensible appointment, given that he wouldn’t cost us any money in compensation and had been doing well at a Championship club.

He’s now at another Championship club and is doing better than Des is for us despite taking over a struggling side rather than one in second place.

The naive people in charge of this club either were starstruck by the whole ‘City Group’ thing or wanted someone with an Oxford connection for the PR. It clearly wasn’t the best appointment at the time, and has been proven so.

Back
Top Bottom