England vs Ukraine

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Damn daughter getting married today and the voco hotel only put a 32 inch tv on to watch the football and with a lot of hot sweaty blokes cramming round the tv and me being the father of the bride saw most of the game apart from the bloody goals due to being called upon all the time

Damn daughter getting married today and the voco hotel only put a 32 inch tv on to watch the football and with a lot of hot sweaty blokes cramming round the tv and me being the father of the bride saw most of the game apart from the bloody goals due to being called upon all the time
Well it was certainly a good luck charm
Have you 2 more daughters who you can get married Wednesday and next Sunday? 😂.

Congratulations to all.

That Southgate shitball is rubbish isn’t it, @Oxford84 ?
Not sure there's need for the passive aggressive/smug messages. I was critical of Southgate, especially after Scotland, but that doesn't mean people don't want us to win. Surely the argument could be that this is how a lot of people have been wanting to see us play rather than the negative performances in the group stages which we were told was necessary at international level.

Don't want to be negative on a night like this, excellent performance and huge credit to everyone involved. Games back at Wembley now, no reason we can't go all the way.

England have laid down a marker tonight. For the first time in this tournament, they looked very capable of winning it.

Not sure there's need for the passive aggressive/smug messages. I was critical of Southgate, especially after Scotland, but that doesn't mean people don't want us to win. Surely the argument could be that this is how a lot of people have been wanting to see us play rather than the negative performances in the group stages which we were told was necessary at international level.

Don't want to be negative on a night like this, excellent performance and huge credit to everyone involved. Games back at Wembley now, no reason we can't go all the way.
Southgate has been getting a huge amount of massively unjustified stick throughout this tournament, I think tonight is the first time I've not seen an outpouring of anti-Southgate responses on the socials (including after the Germany game!) before or after a match. You say 'it doesn't mean people don't want us to win', but that's exactly what England have been doing, and it's been criticised as 'boring', 'playing with the handbrake on' etc. It's obviously not enough for some people for 'England to win'. For my money, it's perfectly legitimate to call out the people who have been relentlessly negative about Southgate and the team throughout the tournament when it's been clear all along that he's been developing a coherent style of play designed to win tournaments.

For my money, it's perfectly legitimate to call out the people who have been relentlessly negative about Southgate and the team throughout the tournament when it's been clear all along that he's been developing a coherent style of play designed to win tournaments.
Agreed. After the tournament. If people are finally being positive then let it happen. It’s counterproductive to stop the wave just as it’s building. Everybody can have a scrap / cuddle when it’s over.

Back
Top Bottom