Dot Counting Home Sellout for Boxing Day vs Cambridge

Attendance tracking
Had a quick look at there forum, they have nearly sold out for the away game against Stevenage on the Friday after boxing day but don't even have a thread for our match. think they average about 600m away so maybe so 7/800?
Six hundred million away?

@bdodwell was right all along then. We really should be looking at giving away fans more seats.

Sorry to derail this thread a little, but Colin, Curragh, Derby will presumably sell.out their allocation for the game on 29th.
What are your thoughts on whether this could be a virtual sell out too?

Derby have already sold out their allocation. Should make for a tasty atmosphere. Got tickets in the north stand for the first time in years and can’t wait! COYY

Don't know if thats doable? especially now its only a week away?

Do we sell tickets on the day to away fans?
Who knows, away teams return unsold allocation sometimes

They do sometimes yeah, would rather we had that option though if they've already had their 10%

Wasn't it Cambridge who turned up at the Bird 10 minutes after kick off some years ago? With that sort of reputation I'm surprised TVP haven't insisted on at least three blocks segregation let alone moving home fans closer 😉

Last edited:
Wasn't it Cambridge who turned up at the Bird 10 minutes after kick off some years ago? With that sort of reputation I'm surprised TVP have insisted on at least three blocks segregation let alone moving home fans closer 😉

Sorry to derail this thread a little, but Colin, Curragh, Derby will presumably sell.out their allocation for the game on 29th.
What are your thoughts on whether this could be a virtual sell out too?
Sales for Derby are also good.

We're at about 6,850 home sales, which might not sound much, but is equivalent to five days before the Wycombe game, for a game that's 10 days away. The Wycombe game ended up with 8,720 home fans, so I'd expect Derby to exceed that comfortably.

Probably not far off of a sell out, and with a couple of good results leading up to it, maybe a complete sell out?

Tuesday update at 11pm

Extra seats have been made available today in central block 12 of the South Stand Upper for anyone looking for a prime central view (35 seats available as of now).

Remaining seats are now 937

The remaining seats are split:

North Stand 65
East Stand 206
South Stand Upper 210
South Stand Lower 456

That means at least 201 sales today (allowing for the additional seats made available in block 12) and total home sales (excluding boxes) of 8,617.

Tuesday update at 11pm

Extra seats have been made available today in central block 12 of the South Stand Upper for anyone looking for a prime central view (35 seats available as of now).

Remaining seats are now 937

The remaining seats are split:

North Stand 65
East Stand 206
South Stand Upper 210
South Stand Lower 456

That means at least 201 sales today (allowing for the additional seats made available in block 12) and total home sales (excluding boxes) of 8,617.
With less than 1000 tickets left it would be good if the club put a post out on the official website/social media promoting it and saying there are less than 1000 tickets remaining. It would then encourage fans to get their tickets sooner rather than later so they don’t miss out.

With less than 1000 tickets left it would be good if the club put a post out on the official website/social media promoting it and saying there are less than 1000 tickets remaining. It would then encourage fans to get their tickets sooner rather than later so they don’t miss out.

Plus if it sells out quickly it would transfer appetite and demand towards the derby game sooner creating a further cyclical sell out

What’s the difference between “limited availability” and “almost sold out”?” across the stands?
Well there is 'limited availability' (of just over 12k) for every single game we play, so the phrase doesn't really mean a thing.

What’s the difference between “limited availability” and “almost sold out”?” across the stands?

Seems like an oddly arbitrary way of saying “buy your tickets, they’ll be gone soon”!

In fairness I would suggest that under 500 tickets available indicates "limited availability" where as 65 left in the North Stand is "almost sold out".

However, the actual numbers of the "buy now before they're gone" would have worked just as well.

Importantly, whether taken off this thread or not, the club have (at last) been proactive in putting this information out and will hopefully follow this with more regular updates and a push for the Derby game too.

Why the hell are the club so half arsed with these things???!!!

OK, so they've done something but why be so vague? The below took me ten minutes to check just now.

North Stand - 98% sold
East Stand - 93% sold
South Lower - 78% sold
South Upper - 92% sold

All Home Areas - 91% sold

It's not rocket science, and it's not difficult. If I, as just a fan, can do this in ten minutes why can't the club do it?

12pm update on Wednesday and we are now down to 880 home seats left. Only 10 left in central block 12 so very strong sales there this morning and now just 54 left in the North Stand overall.

Agree with Scotchegg - good to see the promotional push from the club this morning (better late than never) albeit a simple message of less than 1,000 seats left might have inspired a greater sense of FOMO than the limited availability messaging. Overall, I'm a bit disappointed that there hasn't been more of a push from the club to make this a home sellout (it should hopefully happen anyway) and the Derby match a complete sellout given our league position and the time of year. Since the excellent early promotion of season ticket sales (which then just stopped abruptly after very successfully building momentum), there really hasn't been that much use of social media to sell matches and it always baffles me why the weekly newsletter doesn't include a BUY TICKETS message as its main feature - sometimes it doesn't even reference the next home match while promoting other club teams fixtures. Still think free(ish) social media promotion and direct CRM leaves a lot to be desired.

The other part which still hasn't been addressed is how un-customer friendly and poor (in terms of messaging/access) tickets sales are on our website. Thought I would have a look at Cambridge sales and rather than all the to-ing and fro-ing on our website to get to the seat map, a couple of clicks and you get straight through to a lovely map and ticket purchase page - so much better presented and easier to navigate and I really hope the club considers a new (more user friendly) tickets sales supplier like this going forwards! Incidentally they have 232 seats for sale on their website in their one open block (28) although it's not clear how many they have sold in their block 27 or 29.

Last edited:
12pm update on Wednesday and we are now down to 880 home seats left. Only 10 left in central bolck 12 so very strong sales there this morning and now just 54 left in the North Stand overall.

Agree with Scotchegg - good to see the promotional push from the club this morning (better late than never) albeit a simple message of less than 1,000 seats left might have inspired a greater sense of FOMO than the limited availability messaging. Overall, I'm a bit disappointed that there hasn't been more of a push from the club to make this a home sellout (it should hopefully happen anyway) and the Derby match a complete sellout given our league position and the time of year. Since the excellent early promotion of season ticket sales (which then just stopped abruptly after very successfully building momentum), there really hasn't been that much use of social media to sell matches and it always baffles me why the weekly newsletter doesn't include a BUY TICKETS message as its main feature - sometimes it doesn't even reference the next home match while promoting other club teams fixtures. Still think free(ish) social media promotion and direct CRM management leaves a lot to be desired.

The other part which still hasn't been addressed is how un-customer friendly and poor (in terms of messaging/access) tickets sales are on our website. Though I would have a look at Cambridge sales and rather than all the to-ing and fro-ing on our website to get to the seat map, a couple of clicks and you get straight through to a lovely map and ticket purchase page - so much better presented and easier to navigate and I really hope the club considers a new (more user friendly) tickets sales supplier like this going forwards! Incidentally they have 232 seats for sale on their website in their one open block although it's not clear how many they have sold in their block 27 or 29.
A virtual sell out by Friday by the look of it?

The other part which still hasn't been addressed is how un-customer friendly and poor (in terms of messaging/access) tickets sales are on our website. Thought I would have a look at Cambridge sales and rather than all the to-ing and fro-ing on our website to get to the seat map, a couple of clicks and you get straight through to a lovely map and ticket purchase page - so much better presented and easier to navigate and I really hope the club considers a new (more user friendly) tickets sales supplier like this going forwards! Incidentally they have 232 seats for sale on their website in their one open block (28) although it's not clear how many they have sold in their block 27 or 29.
As with a few other things, the club has, with the vast majority of the EFL, signed up to a supplier for the website set up. TicketMaster is a choice of the club but, it does come with some beneficial options such as allowing other clubs with the same system to have a direct interaction with seat purchasing. Lincoln is a perfect example, it is possible to choose a seat when buying a ticket for the game at Lincoln. (on arrival they instruct supporters to sit where they like, of course!)

Back
Top Bottom