iFollow for 2021/22Season

I read on the EFL site that nothing has been decided yet for UK based fans for 2021-22. They're leaving it a bit late but I would guess that they're struggling to get agreement from all the clubs on a common policy.

I read on the EFL site that nothing has been decided yet for UK based fans for 2021-22. They're leaving it a bit late but I would guess that they're struggling to get agreement from all the clubs on a common policy.
would guess the local authorities, where various clubs are based, would have a say ... and local authorities tend to work slower than snail's pace when making decisions

They won't make a decision until 15 mins before the season starts.

Colchester chairman speculated the following on his update on their website:

"Last season, all of the games were streamed on iFollow. Pre-Covid, any game that kicked off between 14:45 and 17:15 on a Saturday was blocked from being shown live in the UK and these games will be blocked again for the forthcoming season whilst fans are allowed back in to stadiums.
It has not been decided yet but it is likely that it will be the home team’s decision if a game that is played outside of the blocked period will be streamed."

Colchester chairman speculated the following on his update on their website:

"Last season, all of the games were streamed on iFollow. Pre-Covid, any game that kicked off between 14:45 and 17:15 on a Saturday was blocked from being shown live in the UK and these games will be blocked again for the forthcoming season whilst fans are allowed back in to stadiums.
It has not been decided yet but it is likely that it will be the home team’s decision if a game that is played outside of the blocked period will be streamed."
Pardon my French, but that's absolutely f*****g nonsense if that's what they do.

Being the EFL, nailed on then.

If you cannot make a game just use a VPN and purchase a match pass, not too difficult and means the club still gets some money as opposed to none.

If you cannot make a game just use a VPN and purchase a match pass, not too difficult and means the club still gets some money as opposed to none.
Think I tried with one once and it wouldn't let me buy one. Maybe it was a cheap VPN or one using a too-common IP? If anyone would like to PM me a suggestion of a service it'd be much appreciated.

Once again the TV companies/EFL are completely out of touch with the fans and prioritise their own pockets over us. Looks like I'll be trying to get a VPN going on Saturday. I really thought there might be a turning point after the last 18 months but apparently it's still f**k those of us who can't attend games.

Think I tried with one once and it wouldn't let me buy one. Maybe it was a cheap VPN or one using a too-common IP? If anyone would like to PM me a suggestion of a service it'd be much appreciated.

I use ExpressVPN. Sometimes some of the countries don't work but as there are 94 countries to select you will find one that does!

You do need to make a separate iFollow account than your UK one as that can only be used within the UK I think.

I’ve used tunnel bear on an iPad. Had the same issue as you when trying a vpn on a Mac though

iFollow insist on a non-UK bank account to make payment for overseas coverage. Tried in Spain a few years ago, all was fine until payment. Took the money but no coverage. Had to fight them for a refund as well.

iFollow insist on a non-UK bank account to make payment for overseas coverage. Tried in Spain a few years ago, all was fine until payment. Took the money but no coverage. Had to fight them for a refund as well.
Can it not just be done through Paypal? Or can they read the bank details through that?

I’ve used a VPN on numerous occasions, with absolutely no issues?

A friend of mine has a VPN already so I'm going to try it out this weekend, if it doesn't work I've lost the cost of one game so not too bad. I'd imagine issues are caused by bank cards because they're linked to UK accounts and maybe PayPal is the work around?

Back
Top Bottom