Ex Player James Beadle

In all seriousness, surely Brighton are thrilled with how well Beadle is performing and the experience he’s getting. I can’t see why they’d call him back.

If he goes, I’ll be blaming the fellas who booed him for taking short goal kicks during his first game at the Kassam. Mega, them.

I have to say, how body language when we scored our first on Saturday struck me as being remarkably different from the knee sliding enthusiasm we saw at Derby. Obviously the circumstances of going ahead at home against the team in 19th is markedly different from getting a late second at the best stadium in the division - he was never going to go tops off excited - but it did strike me as being markedly subdued.

Hopefully just reading into it too much. Losing him would be an enormous blow.

I think we'll keep him for the season. Far more pressure on a keeper in a top six than bottom six team. Brighton will know this. If you make a mistake in a team that's going down (which Wednesday are) no one really cares. But in a top six team, you just can't afford to make mistakes.It's also much easier to look good as a keeper in a really awful team. Which is why some people thought Richard Knight (in David Kemp's Team Of All Talents) was a decent keeper. Which he wasn't.

My best mate is a Wednesday fan and this is his take:

There is some sense in the rumour.

Our goalkeeper situation is complicated- we have Devis Vasquez on loan from Milan, he actually looked fairly decent under Xisco, but Rohl clearly doesn’t fancy him as he re-installed Dawson as #1 from the get go.

However Dawson has made a number of errors and for me isn’t quite good enough at this level- I would give Vasquez a chance but doesn’t look like that will happen.

Sal Bibbo- our new GK coach- would have worked with Beadle at Brighton and I think has a strong connection with him.

I’m pretty sure I saw Maik Taylor, the former Fulham keeper and now Birmingham City goalkeeping coach, at the game on Saturday. Hopefully he was more impressed with Crocombe as Beadle didn’t really have much to do.

In all seriousness, surely Brighton are thrilled with how well Beadle is performing and the experience he’s getting. I can’t see why they’d call him back.
Why would they want him to go to a clubs where he will definitely end up with a relegation to his name.

For his development I don't think it's the right time to move on half way through the season especially to a championship club scrapping at the bottom. He should stay with us until the summer and then go out on loan to a championship club.

For his development I don't think it's the right time to move on half way through the season especially to a championship club scrapping at the bottom. He should stay with us until the summer and then go out on loan to a championship club.
Yes, us!

Unknowable and out of our hands.. On the face of it it doesn't make sense for him to move, since a goalkeeper also thrives on the relationship he makes with his defence. having to do that all over again will be a waste of his development time.

But then on the face of it, it didn't make sense for Liam Manning to go to Bristol City.

Still worth some Beadle chants at the next home game. He's an Oxford lad after all, and he's only 19. maybe we can reach his sentimental side

Back
Top Bottom