Away Match Day Thread +++ L1 29/12/2019 AFC Wimbledon v OUFC +++

We were up for it from first minute and thoroughly deserved win. AFC were chasing shadows for most of the game but weren’t bad, they are play
better football under Hodges.
Sykes my man of match, a lovely calm finish for the second.
Lots of commitment in a hostile atmosphere, victories like today win teams promotion.

Get in there YYYYYEEEEESSSSS 9 points out of 9, not there Jerome due to poor visibility from an isthmian league ground plus I’m cooking our Xmas dinner as we were out at daughters for Xmas day so missing the goals on the radio as they happened but the housefuls of the father in law, Brother in law the Mrs and best friend shouting and cheering and moaning then cheering once again led me to realise we were winning 2-1 so listened to Nick Harris say there it is the final whistle knowing we had won and now 2nd in the table......this is going to be one hell of a belated Christmas dinner.
Well done Oxford UTD and a special well done to KR when in the early days I did doubt.
COYY
Well done Bazzer, steady on the sauce! :)

Archer, Long, Dickie, Moore, Ruffles, Baptiste, Gorrin, Brannagan, Sykes, Mackie, Hall
Subs: Stevens, Mous, Taylor, Cadden, Fosu, Aygei Henry
Is the team I think KR will play, I would prefer Aygei to start instead of Hall
Pleased with my team forecast, and I was right Hall should not have started but did.

Great result.

Really good ( & important)) to see ‘squad’ players such as Sykes, Moore, & Long come into the starting XI and help the team to victory.

Just seen the pass from Baptiste for Sykes’ goal. Sweet. Tidy finish too.

January is going to be so interesting, but I’m more hopeful now than I was mid December that we can keep this squad together. I’m convinced that Baptiste will play in the Premier League one day, but will the club be able to resist a record offer?

Great result, but I hope that we don’t come down with the Xmas decorations!

Hopefully we’ll strengthen early in January, keep Cadden and push on for that top spot that’s waiting for us.

COYY

Sat in the main stand with an AFCW season ticket holder mate. He thought we were the best team he'd seen this season. But pointed out Hall and Mackie as not being good enough. Hall was way off the pace, I'm afraid, and needs to be shipped out. I'd keep Mackie until the end of the season to help us close games out. Dickie outstanding. Best game I've seen Sykes play for us. Keep this squad, add two more in January, and we will go up....

Lets not forget that we've also got one of the easier ties in the FA Cup which should hopefully give us a decent 4th (and 5th) round draw to look forward to. 2020 promises so much, and will hopefully see several more sell outs along the way.

Great result today, at a pokey little place. Tough place to go and get a result, and with lots of changes to the starting line up we shone through and got ourselves another valuable 3 points.

One word (Promotion)

What a festive period this has been. I come away from the mk match all depressed as it was one of the worst performances and games I have witnessed in 17 years of following us. The performance against City gave me hope and we have followed it with 3 wins while not even playing to the best of are ability. 13 points was the gap between Wycombe and us 3 games ago, now its down to 4 and we also have a game in hand on them. This league is crazy and I can't remember a more exciting time to be a fan (wasn't born till 88). Mk beating Portsmouth has made my day too ? im going to enjoy a singha now.

’After a very productive festive period, Oxford United broke into the automatic promotion places with a gritty 2-1 win away at Wimbledon. They remained in the top two positions for the remainder of the season, ultimately winning the league at a canter with three games to spare as the challenging group fell away’

I can dream can’t I..?!

Back
Top Bottom