I'm going to offer odds on this seasons 'Yellows Forum' OUFC fall guy:

Sam Winnall 5/6
Mark Sykes 7/5
James Henry 9/5
Billy Bodin 3/1
Simon Eastwood 5/1
Karl Robinson 8/1
Tiger 12/1
... you missed the odds for any homegrown talented & promising youngsters on the periphery of the squad @ECYellow ....
Johnson, Elechi, GO'D, Goodrham , LCP etc-could give them a collective odds rating ,( as there are some YF posters who never seem to rate 'our own' academy products )

Oxford substitute runs on the pitch during the game, drops his shorts, stabs the ref then does something so unspeakable Oxford are relegated to the conference and fined £500m.

A large number of people on the forum: mildly criticise said player, point out he really shouldn’t have done that

A few others: ‘Oh, here we go! I guess they’re this seasons scapegoat then!’

If the cap fits

Shame some have this negative mentality
Come on…

Simon Eastwood and James Henry didn’t exactly shower themselves in glory last season, did they? For the most part, it’s not mindless negativity, it’s justifiable and objective criticism!

It seems we have the same conversation about Sykes every year. There is only so long you can wait for a player to kick on and really prove himself and as yet, Sykes still hasn’t done it.

Oxford substitute runs on the pitch during the game, drops his shorts, stabs the ref then does something so unspeakable Oxford are relegated to the conference and fined £500m.

A large number of people on the forum: mildly criticise said player, point out he really shouldn’t have done that

A few others: ‘Oh, here we go! I guess they’re this seasons scapegoat then!’
You forgot the part where people start screaming, crying and manically waving their arms while using words such as ‘meltdown’, ‘hysteria’ and ‘bed wetting’ to describe other people, all because a handful of posters are doing the online equivalent of standing with a pint and grumbling about the match. Yet when you’re at a game and hundreds of people are literally spitting with rage, going red with fury and looking like they might have an aneurysm, that’s not classed as remotely unstable or unnecessary. I’ve never seen a stonewall penalty turned down and provoke that kind of reaction, only for somebody to appear in the front row and start shouting about meltdowns and pant pissing. Weird.

God only knows how they handle walking out of the ground after a defeat when dozens and dozens of people are muttering and grumbling about the game. They must be losing consciousness by the time they reach their car.

£50 on Sam Winnall.

I want to complain because tiger didn’t pull messi off and now he’s joining PSG 🤬

I actually think Sykes looked excellent in the first half, he has so much ability but just needs extra coaching in the final third. I don't think he'll ever have that defensive side to his game though, so we should use him wisely and rotate based on how the games are panning out. It's a shame we never play a formation which incorporates a 10, just behind the striker because that's his position. I can never be too critical of someone playing out of position.

What makes you think Messi would want Tiger to pull him off in the first place? Man's got a wife and kids.
You never know just coz he got a wife and kids doesn’t mean he wouldn’t want tiger to pull him off perhaps he bats both ways on the quite

You forgot the part where people start screaming, crying and manically waving their arms while using words such as ‘meltdown’, ‘hysteria’ and ‘bed wetting’ to describe other people, all because a handful of posters are doing the online equivalent of standing with a pint and grumbling about the match. Yet when you’re at a game and hundreds of people are literally spitting with rage, going red with fury and looking like they might have an aneurysm, that’s not classed as remotely unstable or unnecessary. I’ve never seen a stonewall penalty turned down and provoke that kind of reaction, only for somebody to appear in the front row and start shouting about meltdowns and pant pissing. Weird.

God only knows how they handle walking out of the ground after a defeat when dozens and dozens of people are muttering and grumbling about the game. They must be losing consciousness by the time they reach their car.

£50 on Sam Winnall.
Moaning about bad or annoying things is fine but I get fed up with people endlessly saying the same things here and piling on some bloke who's no doubt doing his best and isn't the only offender. Can start to feel like bullying. I actually find people at games more philosophical, or at least more varied in their criticism.

Bodin is a good shout but I reckon there will be a surprise package this year.

Whilst i think complaining or constructive criticism of our players is rather pointless it would be better for the forum if this apparent rule applied to all players as some do seem above criticism etc.

I don't normally go in for any negative thought about any player who turns out for us but which player had a number of misplaced passes many straight to an opponent and missed a decent chance and why is this not considered in the laughable talk of 2 pts dropped that could be vital come the end of the season

Moaning about bad or annoying things is fine but I get fed up with people endlessly saying the same things here and piling on some bloke who's no doubt doing his best and isn't the only offender. Can start to feel like bullying. I actually find people at games more philosophical, or at least more varied in their criticism.
Quite, and thank goodness there isn’t a trace of ‘bullying’ outside of this forum. There is nothing more poetic and philosophical than hundreds of football fans chanting hatred at an opposition player over their physical appearance, for example, or calling a match official a sex offender. I often leave games dripping with brandy due to all those swirling glasses. This place could learn a thing or two from the terraces.

You’re absorbing nothing but words on a screen on a forum. No tone, no subtle phrasing, no body language, just blunt force trauma. People tend to say the exact same things on here that they do while walking back to their car after a match. It’s just that things sit on here to be read, quoted and referred to repeatedly, rather than evaporating into the air.

Quite, and thank goodness there isn’t a trace of ‘bullying’ outside of this forum. There is nothing more poetic and philosophical than hundreds of football fans chanting hatred at an opposition player over their physical appearance, for example, or calling a match official a sex offender. I often leave games dripping with brandy due to all those swirling glasses. This place could learn a thing or two from the terraces.

You’re absorbing nothing but words on a screen on a forum. No tone, no subtle phrasing, no body language, just blunt force trauma. People tend to say the exact same things on here that they do while walking back to their car after a match. It’s just that things sit on here to be read, quoted and referred to repeatedly, rather than evaporating into the air.
Yes well that’s the problem with online communication. I think also that everyone has got very grumpy during lockdown and tends to obsess about the football more than they might. Let’s hope we can all really enjoy this season.

Yes well that’s the problem with online communication. I think also that everyone has got very grumpy during lockdown and tends to obsess about the football more than they might. Let’s hope we can all really enjoy this season.
personally i'm now very much the opposite, i can watch games far more relaxed and to be blunt have to say the end result has no bearing in the great scheme of things.

Back
Top Bottom