National News National Lockdown coming

The new strain was discovered in Kent in September Baz, most likely in the Swale area. It was getting out of control in November. The four week lockdown had no effect in that area and it was spreading. For the Government to claim they didn't know how bad it was is stretching it a bit.
Allegedly the government were only informed about it week last Friday according to Matt Hancock and the fact that Labour haven’t screamed blue murder over this leads me to believe that is correct, although they apparently were informed that another strain was here now whether that was dismissed as similar to the original strain I don’t know ( I only put an X in the box on Election Day ).
I can’t work out why if correct a week last Friday the government were only told them that this strain is transmitting at a rate of 50% faster than the original strain, why if it was here in September why only in December did the government find out.

Allegedly the government were only informed about it week last Friday according to Matt Hancock and the fact that Labour haven’t screamed blue murder over this leads me to believe that is correct, although they apparently were informed that another strain was here now whether that was dismissed as similar to the original strain I don’t know ( I only put an X in the box on Election Day ).
I can’t work out why if correct a week last Friday the government were only told them that this strain is transmitting at a rate of 50% faster than the original strain, why if it was here in September why only in December did the government find out.
I'm sorry but that is inconceivable. All the data was suggesting the number of cases, number of hospital beds occupied, number of deaths were moving in the levels that supported the view that what has happened was predicted in November 2020. For the government to say otherwise comes from the Trump brand of politics. I can only conclude that Handcockup is following the footsteps of mentor Boris; a complete up and utter liar.
I would accept the argument that we wanted to give some relief before a winter lockdown and we got it wrong but anything else is Hans Christian Andersen.

Dido Fucking Harding.

• React
Reactions: QR
Matt Hancock is a snivelling turd, he couldn’t sort out a P**s up in a brewery. I’m undecided as to whether it’s blatant lies or pure incompetence. Probably a bit of both.

Anybody heard the rumour that Boris will be resigning in January 2021. I have heard this from 2 very different sources. May be complete B*****s but each day his credibility takes a huge battering on many different levels.

They knew Baz and quite a while ago. Hancock would have been one of the first to be told and it was a long time before last Friday!!

Anybody heard the rumour that Boris will be resigning in January 2021. I have heard this from 2 very different sources. May be complete B*****s but each day his credibility takes a huge battering on many different levels
I heard it on here a month or two back.

Not sure why he would though. Huge majority, no sign of a major revolt, this is the job he's worked his whole life for it seems odd that he would jump without being pushed. Doesn't seem to be anyone better at drumming up nationwide support than him.

They knew Baz and quite a while ago. Hancock would have been one of the first to be told and it was a long time before last Friday!!
Hancock looked very uncomfortable on Marr this morning.

Shut the borders, we all starve to death, Coronavirus deaths and positive cases plummet, problem solved.

Anybody heard the rumour that Boris will be resigning in January 2021. I have heard this from 2 very different sources. May be complete B*****s but each day his credibility takes a huge battering on many different levels.
Unless there’s some scandal about to emerge and totally undermine him, surely not a chance; why would he? The job he’s wanted his entire life and after a year he goes ‘ooh it’s too difficult’.
This rumour is more scaremongering bullshit.

T

The only answer, surely, is that enough of the population are vaccinated until the number of cases, hospitalisations and deaths is
manageable alongside other non Covid priorities because the public simply cannot be relied upon to break the cycle of transmission by following the rules, whether those of self isolation, adherence to tier restrictions or anything else that is intended to break the cycle of transmission.

Well, yeah.

It's more what's done in the interim that's the question.

Unless there’s some scandal about to emerge and totally undermine him, surely not a chance; why would he? The job he’s wanted his entire life and after a year he goes ‘ooh it’s too difficult’.
This rumour is more scaremongering bullshit.
TBH it’s not the job he expected. He’s a corrupt incompetent t**t but I’d still rather have him than Gove or Patel. At least he’s a friendly face to many.

I'm reading on various news websites that we could see more/the entire country move to T4 in the next few days.

I would say any decision needs to be made by Tuesday to allow people to make arrangements for food etc for Christmas Day!

I heard it on here a month or two back.

Not sure why he would though. Huge majority, no sign of a major revolt, this is the job he's worked his whole life for it seems odd that he would jump without being pushed. Doesn't seem to be anyone better at drumming up nationwide support than him.
Maybe he wants the Watford job.

Back
Top Bottom