National News National Lockdown coming

I'm reading on various news websites that we could see more/the entire country move to T4 in the next few days.

I would say any decision needs to be made by Tuesday to allow people to make arrangements for food etc for Christmas Day!
News or 'news'?

My mum and both my paternal grandparents have now all had their first doses of the vaccine. The grandparents are both mid-80's, with my Nan in general good health after suffering breast cancer about 8/9 years ago while my Gramp has a few issues and is on blood thinners. My mum is 60, but she is the medical secretary at our village GP Surgery and the staff have to work on reception on Saturdays on rotation and therefore will all be in contact with the public. Locally we have a fairly high degree of the elderly and infirm hence all Surgery staff are treated as high priority.

The vaccines are the Pfizer one, and are being administered at Chipping Norton Health Centre which has become a vaccination clinic as it has the necessary refrigeration facilities for this particular one that your average smaller GP surgery will not. Mum has worked bloody hard this week and often until late into the evening as they will only be informed of a delivery of the vaccine with a couple of days notice (and how many doses they have been allotted, since this is split between a handful of local practices), so at that point it becomes all systems go and she has to get in touch with everyone on the list in order of priority, make sure they understand all the details and can attend particular time slots. Obviously nobody can afford for any doses to go to waste so any refusals or people that cannot be contacted means moving down the list and trying to urgently contact the next person. Understandably it's quite stressful and they've been told to prepare for a potential vaccination clinic Christmas day/Boxing day, but overall so far things seem to be going well.

Just thought I would share this as a sign of hope on the horizon after a particularly bleak few days. And once the Oxford vaccine gets the green light then it really will be fantastic news since that one could be stored and administered in the individual local GP practices themselves.

I wonder why the new strain of covid seems to be mainly in the South East?????? kinda "Dover" way πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

• Haha
Reactions: m
My mum and both my paternal grandparents have now all had their first doses of the vaccine. The grandparents are both mid-80's, with my Nan in general good health after suffering breast cancer about 8/9 years ago while my Gramp has a few issues and is on blood thinners. My mum is 60, but she is the medical secretary at our village GP Surgery and the staff have to work on reception on Saturdays on rotation and therefore will all be in contact with the public. Locally we have a fairly high degree of the elderly and infirm hence all Surgery staff are treated as high priority.

The vaccines are the Pfizer one, and are being administered at Chipping Norton Health Centre which has become a vaccination clinic as it has the necessary refrigeration facilities for this particular one that your average smaller GP surgery will not. Mum has worked bloody hard this week and often until late into the evening as they will only be informed of a delivery of the vaccine with a couple of days notice (and how many doses they have been allotted, since this is split between a handful of local practices), so at that point it becomes all systems go and she has to get in touch with everyone on the list in order of priority, make sure they understand all the details and can attend particular time slots. Obviously nobody can afford for any doses to go to waste so any refusals or people that cannot be contacted means moving down the list and trying to urgently contact the next person. Understandably it's quite stressful and they've been told to prepare for a potential vaccination clinic Christmas day/Boxing day, but overall so far things seem to be going well.

Just thought I would share this as a sign of hope on the horizon after a particularly bleak few days. And once the Oxford vaccine gets the green light then it really will be fantastic news since that one could be stored and administered in the individual local GP practices themselves.
Well done to your mum. The front line workers in many key areas are our foot soldiers in fighting this battle. I'm sure she'll modestly say that she's just doing her job, but I'm sure we'd all want her to know that she's amazing and literally saving hundreds/thousands of lives.

I'm sorry but that is inconceivable. All the data was suggesting the number of cases, number of hospital beds occupied, number of deaths were moving in the levels that supported the view that what has happened was predicted in November 2020. For the government to say otherwise comes from the Trump brand of politics. I can only conclude that Handcockup is following the footsteps of mentor Boris; a complete up and utter liar.
I would accept the argument that we wanted to give some relief before a winter lockdown and we got it wrong but anything else is Hans Christian Andersen.
Just saying what I be heard on the tv

TBH it’s not the job he expected. He’s a corrupt incompetent t**t but I’d still rather have him than Gove or Patel. At least he’s a friendly face to many.
Certainly not the job anyone could have expected, but any leader or manager at the top of their game goes into the role knowing to expect the unexpected.
History has brought countless world wars, natural disasters etc that have severely tested those at the top, scandals leading to them being forced from their role but I can’t remember any / many that have walked away.
Health reasons of course could be a reason, especially if the virus is still affecting him.

Well, yeah.

It's more what's done in the interim that's the question.
The same seemingly endless cycles of prediction, reaction, blame and hindsight, all underpinned by a rollercoaster of emotions, both good and bad, with the Govt spinning the health and economy plates until the vaccine takes effect on the population.
Or am I being over simplistic.

Anybody heard the rumour that Boris will be resigning in January 2021. I have heard this from 2 very different sources. May be complete B*****s but each day his credibility takes a huge battering on many different levels.
I heard ages ago he was resigning in the new year and put it on here somewhere. No idea if its true but the person that told me would have done so in good faith, I suppose it depends who told them.

I presume you can read? Press is saying London.

No relevance to Dover

They're also missing that it is in all regions of Wales as well, in the north and in Scotland. The place it has caught hold though is in the south east.

And also apparently in other countries.

The suggestion is that these clusters have come via the UK.

The concern is that mutation has taken it on the 1st step to being able to survive the Vaccine. The flip of that is that it is relatively easy to adjust the vaccine as they do with the Flu vaccine each year according to the report I read. Annual (at least) Covid vaccines here we come.

They're also missing that it is in all regions of Wales as well, in the north and in Scotland. The place it has caught hold though is in the south east.
It’s almost like the most over-populated area of the entire UK, which spent most of the year having total freedom compared to other areas that were squeezed, provided an ideal breeding ground for a virus to spread.

I still blame Johnny.

It’s almost like the most over-populated area of the entire UK, which spent most of the year having total freedom compared to other areas that were squeezed, provided an ideal breeding ground for a virus to spread.

I still blame Johnny.

Indeed, it must those nasty folk in rubber dinghies making their way across the English Channel of course.

Back
Top Bottom