General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most recent/in depth travel census/survey I could find on the Amex was done for the 2015/16 season by the 'Healthy Stadia' group. During construction the council limited parking to 15% of the total capacity. However, around half of match-goers still use cars/taxis etc during their journey to the stadium - nowhere near the figure our club are claiming to achieve.

Don't you think the word USE is significant in that survey?

I would still 'use' my car on a match day, but it would be the 6 miles to my nearest train station on the new East West line, rather than the current 76 mile round trip all by car.

That's over 80% mileage reduction. That's good isn't it? And I'm sure many others would have similar.

So surely even you can see the new Stadium would be very good for the environment?

do you currently live near the Kassam? the only fans i know who don’t want to move live within walking distance.

the other thing that makes me disbelieve you is you’ve been called out as FOSB on numerous occasions yet you’ve not reacted as i would expect a proper fan would in that scenario
I live within walking distance obviously for me it would have been amazing if the owners could have brought the kassam and redeveloped it BUT I honestly can't wait for us to have a new home we can be proud of I will be there as will my 3 boys two are currently ST holders

I personally don't live in the local area around the stadium so not really for me to say! Obviously you have the created jobs, but I suppose beyond that it all depends on the details of what is actually going to be around the stadium. They've referred to 'outdoor community' spaces and 'multi-functional plazas', but haven't gone into much detail about what those spaces will actually have within them. I would assume things like bars, restaurants, shops but I don't know enough about the layout and facilities already in/around Kidlington to say whether they're actually needed or in demand. I can only say for certain how it'll effect me as an Oxford fan not living in or on the outskirts of Kidlington.

Obviously it's good for sport in the local area, with funding being put into local sports teams by the club (although again, it's unclear how much or how it'll be funded), and obviously it's a good thing for football fans countywide. I really like the idea of the club developing mental health outreach programmes within the community, and that the stadium and it's facilities can be used by the local and wider community for various events and purposes. Would love to see mini-tournaments for all ages ran on the main pitch (like they've done at Southampton).

I've never doubted or denied there are positives to the plans, I've merely just raised concerns about details, clarity, and whether some claims made are feasible.

I think that's fair enough, no?
Thank you for finally answering the question.

Now a few comments:

- You are more than happy enough to find fault/issues that may arise in the local area considering you don't live there.
- Interesting use of the word 'you' and 'they've' for a Oxford United fan.
- As has been stated before, the finer details will become a lot clearer down the line. Again though, you don't like to comment on something that the club haven't provided details on but are more than happy to find negatives about the use of public transport/car parking without the club providing their detailed plans for this.
- I very much doubt you are an Oxford fan for a start and again, you have a lot to say on the impact of Kidlington considering you don't live in the area.
- Not as much as if the club had got to build at Stratfield Brake but certainly more than what KPC currently put into the local sports community.
- You have been nothing but negative about the project and having finally answered my question then I believe you are very much part of FOSB.

I am sure the club will answer your concerns when the more detailed plans are released nearer to September but until then, you and your pals will just have to wait and see just like the rest of us.
Finally, please say Hi to Vicky for me and I hope she is keeping well.

Now a few comments:

- You are more than happy enough to find fault/issues that may arise in the local area considering you don't live there.
- As has been stated before, the finer details will become a lot clearer down the line. Again though, you don't like to comment on something that the club haven't provided details on but are more than happy to find negatives about the use of public transport/car parking without the club providing their detailed plans for this.
- I very much doubt you are an Oxford fan for a start and again, you have a lot to say on the impact of Kidlington considering you don't live in the area.
- Not as much as if the club had got to build at Stratfield Brake but certainly more than what KPC currently put into the local sports community.
- You have been nothing but negative about the project and having finally answered my question then I believe you are very much part of FOSB.

I am sure the club will answer your concerns when the more detailed plans are released nearer to September but until then, you and your pals will just have to wait and see just like the rest of us.
Well said

Now a few comments:

Hercule Poirot

Well done 👏

It's very obvious @OxShireWest is apart of the Fosb crew I just wish he'd grow some balls and actually own it instead of pretending like a Muppet
They pretty much have with that reply. The fact they state it’s hard to say all the positives due to the lack of information but so easily find negatives even though their is a lack of information says it all.

So Mr @OxShireWest if you are a member of Fosb why not have a proper discussion about why you don't want the stadium. I'm guessing your probably from tackley so a stadium that is miles from you why are you do against it because I've not seen anything from you that's positive about it

So Mr @OxShireWest if you are a member of Fosb why not have a proper discussion about why you don't want the stadium. I'm guessing your probably from tackley so a stadium that is miles from you why are you do against it because I've not seen anything from you that's positive about it

Do we have to? There's nothing they can say that'll change my point of view and I doubt there's anything that'll change theirs.

There absolutely no point debating the same things over and over all of the forum and social media.

Complete the survey, lobby your county councillor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom