General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
But none of that is as convenient as just driving straight to the ground, which is the point. If you believe park and rides won't be packed on match days then you're being unrealistic - they will be. Subsequently, you will have thousands of fans all attempting to get on the same buses to a handful of P&R's. Will the bus companies/P&R's put enough buses on to cope with this? Plus, what about other people using the P&R's for other non-football related purposes? That aside, this will likely lead to long queues at bus stops, overcrowded buses, jostling to get on etc. You then have the issue of all these fans attempting to leave the P&R's, which will also inevitably cause queues within the P&R's and lots of traffic in the surrounding areas.

First and foremost, this seems like a rather unpleasant way to get to and from games. Secondly, how is this much different to the situation currently at the Kassam?

I think people are looking at the plans with yellow tinted glasses. I can see the idea behind the plans but people are being naive as to how they will actually translate into real life. It's a genuine concern that I've heard a few people raise.

Only time will tell, though.
Sorry but that seems incredibly negative sprinkled with nonsense.
Look at what has happened at other new grounds ( Brighton being the classic- 30k crowds with no parking).
If you even glance through this thread, there are plenty of people who will be able and willing to use trains and public transport.
You may only want to drive, but it doesn't sound like you are speaking for many other supporters.

What'd wrong with calling people mate?

I've said I find it quite easy to get away from the stadium as I get there early enough to park at the front of the car park.

My issue is that despite it being significantly closer, my journey to the triangle will be longer and involve more faffing than my journey to the Kassam.

I'm not sure why people are so upset that I'm merely pointing out my reality - is it because I'm not singing wax lyrical about the plans and telling everyone they're perfect?
Your journey to the Triangle by car will not take longer than going to the Kassam. Please refrain from telling mis-truths.

I am sure that the new stadium will not be perfect for everybody.
It seems highly likely that a significant number of supporters that currently travel to the Kassam by car ( no choice), will go to the Triangle by train and bus ( far, far more choice). This is surely a good thing ( although the Kidlington Green's will argue that car travel to the Kassam is better)
Think of the extra expenditure.

If this information would support the clubs rhetoric that reducing car use and increasing public transport will benefit the fans then why haven't they released it themselves? Seems they're missing a trick!
The simple answer - GDPR.

The slightly longer answer - The presence and location of public transport adjacent to the Triangle, is the obvious reasoning behind decreased use of cars and increased use of public transport.

Oh yes, in case you were thinking, in your somewhat blinkered outlook, that all football fans (shudder!) have no respect for the environment, think again.
And, while we are on the subject, even in my wildest youth, I have never felt any inclination to urinating in someone's garden.

I'm selfish for pointing out that the plans make my journey to games harder...? The fact you're dismissing a fellow fans concerns because they don't effect you indicate to me that maybe you're the selfish one.
You don't seem to be taking account of what many on here are saying?
You seen to be trying to dismiss all of your fellow supporters views?
Just a bit odd

Is "OxShire West" a true yellow or FOSB?
I actually don't think he is, but he is a very strange poster, with a very strange posting history.

He posted 4 times in Jan/Feb 2020, then nothing at all until yesterday. Now he's up to 40 posts, all negative about his imagined difficult journey, by car, to The Triangle. I don't know what the story here is, perhaps he's been in prison for the last three years???!!! Perhaps @Scotchegg could look into it, without contravening GDPR obviously!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Getting to and from the Kassam by car is never really an issue for me. I get there earlier than most so am at the front of the car park and get away quite quickly. Any of the options to get to the new stadium will actually take me longer than getting to the Kassam despite it being 1/3rd closer.

The traffic problems will move, it'll just be different 'types' of traffic (rammed trains/buses, large queues at bus stops, queues to get out of the park and rides and general traffic in the surrounding areas of the P&R's etc etc)

One thing people aren't mentioning is the likely increase in pick ups/drop offs.
If you’re genuinely believe the park and ride traffic management will be as bad as the Kassam, why can’t you stick with your original routine of turning up early and parking near the front?

Although I very confident you won’t have to resort to such measures when attending matches at the new ground.

Some of largest stadiums in English football listed below, all have one thing in common:

Old Trafford - 75k
Spurs - 62k
Arsenal - 60k
West Ham - 60k
Anfield - 54k
Newcastle - 52k
Villa Park - 42k
Chelsea - 41k
Everton - 39k
Wolves - 31k

You can't drive and park at any of them.

Yet every week they're full, and they're all accessible via public transport. And let's not pretend the majority of fans who attend live next door either in this day and age!

If you try and drive to them you find a public car park and either walk or bus from there. Unless you're a blue badge holder you don't need to park at the stadium.

Been a yellow for many a year and spent thousands following the club up and down the country (almost entirely by car ;) ). Just have a few concerns about the plans, that's all :)
Fair enough mate. But without this stadium the future of the club is in absolute peril be in no doubt about that.

Relying on public transport is not only better for the environment, its better for many fans (particularly urban fans and fans who can't drive like myself)

Last post from @WuTang is spot on, with a big stadium, it is far more common to get public transport than drive. I'd say our stadium is in the minority because its so poorly located public transport wise.

I actually don't think he is, but he is a very strange poster, with a very strange posting history.

He posted 4 times in Jan/Feb 2020, then nothing at all until yesterday. Now he's up to 40 posts, all negative about his imagined difficult journey, by car, to The Triangle. I don't know what the story here is, perhaps he's been in prison for the last three years???!!! Perhaps @Scotchegg could look into it, without contravening GDPR obviously!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

That's the problem with prisons, we take anyone these days!!!

The solution to have a balance between all of it - give people a choice on how they want to travel to games.
You have the choice of:
Train
Multiple Buses
Park and rides
Walk
Cycle
Drive
City E Scooter

The Kassam offers:

Drive
Long Bus ride, when it eventually turns up

For many people, the new stadium opens up so much more travel opportunities.

What'd wrong with calling people mate?

I've said I find it quite easy to get away from the stadium as I get there early enough to park at the front of the car park.

My issue is that despite it being significantly closer, my journey to the triangle will be longer and involve more faffing than my journey to the Kassam.

I'm not sure why people are so upset that I'm merely pointing out my reality - is it because I'm not singing wax lyrical about the plans and telling everyone they're perfect?
I don't understand why you can't drive to Oxford Parkway and park there?

Worth checking out a game at Brentford’s new ground, or speaking to their fans. I’ve been a few times and it’s amazing how fans self-manage their arrival and exit from a pretty difficult location.

It holds 17,250 and is full every week. It is served by trains and buses and has some minimal private paid parking options.

There’s never overcrowding, hustle and bustle. It’s well stewarded and policed, with sufficient infrastructure such as bars and restaurants to disperse crowds around the site.

OUFC fans WILL ADAPT very quickly. No one wants to be in traffic, or crowded dangerous situations. Plenty will come earlier and spend their money in and around the ground. Others will filter in 1, 2, and 3 hours before kick off.

The Triangle site promises to offer considerably better transport options than Brentford fans enjoy and we have an opportunity right now to positively influence the stadium build, including amenities and infrastructure to create the best possible match day experience.

That ground is literally right next door to the A4 into London, has far less parking near by, 2000 spaces less, is not right door to a mainline rail station or connected to a load of park and ride stations and is in a far, far more built up area than the triangle, yet 1,500 extra fans than we will have get in and out easily, just shows how all the moaning is just people, whether they be local nimbys or Oxford fans, scared of change.

By the time the ground is built if a bit of effort to get to a game in person, and it requires effort at the moment people are just used to that particular chore, is to much for you then you will be able o sit at home and watch the game on your tv, this leaving your space that space available for someone who wants to go.

I think Brentford and Brighton are perfect examples of what we are trying to achieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom