New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Shame FoSB didn't take the time to take photos of the empty residencal roads that are always very quite, due to match day parking restrictions. Strange that, anyone would think they're trying to pull the wool over our eyes?

Nor point out it's busier only for a few hours every other week. No scheduled games with a large crowd now until August now for example.

Last edited:
summary of the fosb objections via chatgpt. Nothing new here, just more words than usual from the bingo card

The Friends of Stratfield Brake (FoSB), a community action group opposing Oxford United's proposal to build a football stadium on the Green Belt site of Stratfield Brake Sports Ground in Kidlington, express strong objections to the applicant's transport strategy. FoSB, backed by around 600 supporters, contest the proposal's reliance on road closures, citing concerns over disruptions to the main route between Kidlington and Oxford. They highlight contradictions between Oxfordshire County Council's stance against road closures and the applicant's planning application, which still includes provisions for significant road closures. FoSB also raises concerns about potential traffic congestion, impacts on air quality, and the adverse effects on local amenities and biodiversity.
Furthermore, FoSB questions the feasibility of the applicant's plan to encourage non-car modes of transportation for supporters, citing the current high percentage of car travel among Oxford United fans. They express doubts about the effectiveness of proposed measures to shift travel modes and stress the potential strain on the already fragile local road network. Concerns extend to issues of fan segregation, emergency evacuation procedures, and the absence of clarity regarding parking arrangements, particularly in residential areas near the proposed stadium site. FoSB asserts that the community engagement processes thus far have revealed widespread local opposition to the stadium development in Kidlington.

summary of the fosb objections via chatgpt. Nothing new here, just more words than usual from the bingo card

The Friends of Stratfield Brake (FoSB), a community action group opposing Oxford United's proposal to build a football stadium on the Green Belt site of Stratfield Brake Sports Ground in Kidlington, express strong objections to the applicant's transport strategy. FoSB, backed by around 600 supporters, contest the proposal's reliance on road closures, citing concerns over disruptions to the main route between Kidlington and Oxford. They highlight contradictions between Oxfordshire County Council's stance against road closures and the applicant's planning application, which still includes provisions for significant road closures. FoSB also raises concerns about potential traffic congestion, impacts on air quality, and the adverse effects on local amenities and biodiversity.
Furthermore, FoSB questions the feasibility of the applicant's plan to encourage non-car modes of transportation for supporters, citing the current high percentage of car travel among Oxford United fans. They express doubts about the effectiveness of proposed measures to shift travel modes and stress the potential strain on the already fragile local road network. Concerns extend to issues of fan segregation, emergency evacuation procedures, and the absence of clarity regarding parking arrangements, particularly in residential areas near the proposed stadium site. FoSB asserts that the community engagement processes thus far have revealed widespread local opposition to the stadium development in Kidlington.
600 supporters?! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Regarding the Conservatives have no power as it’s CDC who make the decision and they are currently the biggest party and ruling minority I would say you are wrong. The current two biggest parties are Conservatives and Labour (just) and both are in favour so hopefully the Prodressive (not) Alliance won’t gain much.
We need to make sure it stays in our favour after next Thursday. Don't vote green or liberal. KPC is ruled by those two and look what their response to planning is going to be

What we don't know about people like Gant and Levy is genuinely how bothered they actually are about the stadium being built. Their actions in objecting could suggest they are against it. But actually it could be just political fence sitting. Show the people who object it that you hear them whilst simultaneously approving the HoT with statements suggesting OCC support the club.

If planning gets approved we'll see where they really sit on this issue when they become the final step to this project starting, when they have to approve or reject the lease.
I know Dan Levy, have for almost twenty years. Only casually. He is a good person and loves football, I get the sense he does want the stadium but he wouldn't be doing his job as a local councillor for Eynsham if he wasn't making sure it wasn't going to cause mayhem for his parish.

Woah woah, wait a minute.

Levy VOLUNTEERED to enter discussions with OUFC around the same time that he formally objects to the stadium on the planning portal?!

This is corruption and manipulation of the highest level.

And OUFC supporters are suffering. Get Levy out NOW.
Jesus wept, get some perspective

I know Dan Levy, have for almost twenty years. Only casually. He is a good person and loves football, I get the sense he does want the stadium but he wouldn't be doing his job as a local councillor for Eynsham if he wasn't making sure it wasn't going to cause mayhem for his parish.
He doesn't want the stadium. He's objected to it on the planning portal.

The new stadium will cause mayhem in Eynsham and surrounding areas? You won't even know the games are on if you live that far away.

You are aware that the future of OUFC is at stake here, right? That's my perspective.

If my mate was trying to kill the football I supported he wouldn't be my mate anymore, that's for certain.
You've decided he wants to kill the club, rather than having any sense that what he says at face value is true and that he supports the stadium as a project but is worried about one aspect.

It feels like a mad reach and a real victim mentality.

You can support something and still object to its current form- I fully support assisted suicide but don't think we as a society have the safeguards needed to bring it in yet so I'd vote against it currently despite me thinking that being against assisted suicide is a disgusting position to take. I know this is the internet, but let's have a go at allowing some nuance.

You've decided he wants to kill the club, rather than having any sense that what he says at face value is true and that he supports the stadium as a project but is worried about one aspect.

It feels like a mad reach and a real victim mentality.

You can support something and still object to its current form- I fully support assisted suicide but don't think we as a society have the safeguards needed to bring it in yet so I'd vote against it currently despite me thinking that being against assisted suicide is a disgusting position to take. I know this is the internet, but let's have a go at allowing some nuance.
I don't know but an objection on a planning portal sounds like he doesn't want the stadium to me - unless you know something we don't?

Stalling for months on the heads of terms doesn't suggest to me the actions who wants a new stadium.

Did you post anything on the portal out of interest?

Last edited:
No wish to contradict your opinion of Cllr. Levy, the person but, posting a formal objection to the planning application is hardly displaying a desire to see OUFC achieve a new stadium.
He was already in the perfect situation to persuade OUFC to be more than proactive regarding his constituents concerns. He was, after all, tasked with negotiating the terms of the lease.
Posting an objection simply does not reflect a positive approach. It is the action of one opposed to the stadium build and completely at odds with his statements to council in his official role. The man has displayed an incredible lack of integrity and breached his own words on confidentiality.

We need to make sure it stays in our favour after next Thursday. Don't vote green or liberal. KPC is ruled by those two and look what their response to planning is going to be

Agree.

Vote for a party that openly supports the stadium bid, not for one that openly objects to it.

Local elections are often won by a few votes here and there, every vote really does matter. Use it wisely.

Why would it cause mayhem? Really? My suspicion is that people will hardly notice a game is on.

No wish to contradict your opinion of Cllr. Levy, the person but, posting a formal objection to the planning application is hardly displaying a desire to see OUFC achieve a new stadium.
He was already in the perfect situation to persuade OUFC to be more than proactive regarding his constituents concerns. He was, after all, tasked with negotiating the terms of the lease.
Posting an objection simply does not reflect a positive approach. It is the action of one opposed to the stadium build and completely at odds with his statements to council in his official role. The man has displayed an incredible lack of integrity and breached his own words on confidentiality.
Exactly this. He might be "a good person and loves football" but he does not want the stadium. That to me equals someone who wants to kill the club as we have nowhere to play post 2026 and a groundshare would be devastating.

That's the second poster to come out and defend the Lib Dems on this thread. What's next? Someone defending Middleton? (Ok, that's pushing it a bit)

Why would it cause mayhem? Really? My suspicion is that people will hardly notice a game is on.
I don't know and don't agree with his objection but that's the spirit of it and I'm sure it is something his constituents have asked him to raise so he'd be a bit negligent not to. If (as I believe is the case) it won't cause any major issue/any issues can be easily mitigated then the objection won't be upheld but the issue will be seen to have been looked into and dismissed/ameliorated.

If you think it won't be an issue then what difference is an objection. An objection that has no legs is not a threat, surely?

Back
Top Bottom