Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't want to believe anything that I or others post so please just wait and see until everything comes into the public domain.

No alot of us don't believe because we've heard it all before. You can't claim to be in the know if you dodge the awkward questions coming back.

No alot of us don't believe because we've heard it all before. You can't claim to be in the know if you dodge the awkward questions coming back.
When has it happened before?
I am not remotely ITK but can read through the lines and think that with the owners and what us being said it is almost certain that something will be announced relatively soon.
It is far far more likely than some if the totally unrealistic comments on the Kassam.

I've made about a 1000 posts on this subject over the last 2 years, and covered pretty much every angle. You now either believe what is happening or you don't. I'm tired of repeating myself to be honest!

Sorry for just jumping here and not reading 137 pages. Presumably the takeover going through is a reflection of land/stadium factors? As much as I love the idea of a bunch of very rich people getting involved in a third tier club just because theyโ€™ve heard of the city, I assume this is all a property deal. If so, when you look at the wealth of those involved, that property deal would need to be substantial - perhaps similar to something like the Royal Elm Park development plans weโ€™ve seen before? Otherwise, I donโ€™t really understand what the point of all this is... It canโ€™t be anything to do with the Kassam because the margins would be too limited/non-existent.
A fresh pair of eyes and spot on in your analysis - bravo. ๐Ÿ‘

I've made about a 1000 posts on this subject over the last 2 years, and covered pretty much every angle. You now either believe what is happening or you don't. I'm tired of repeating myself to be honest!

With as much evidence as everybody else. That`ll be none then.

Nobody and I mean nobody, can just rack up and drop a football ground where ever they fancy.

Brentford - Brownfield site - Plans announced in 2002 - Opened 2020. 18 years. Lots of hurdles had to be overcome including CPO`s and agreements from many people with fingers in the pie.

Southend - Plans announced in 1998 - Greenfield site - ermm... not started yet.

Both similar size clubs, similar obstacles to overcome linked to shuffling of land use for housing etc.

And "The Chosen" are suggesting we are going to be upping sticks and into the "Stadio Bicester" within a few short years?

Call me a cynic if you like but......

With as much evidence as everybody else. That`ll be none then.

Nobody and I mean nobody, can just rack up and drop a football ground where ever they fancy.

Brentford - Brownfield site - Plans announced in 2002 - Opened 2020. 18 years. Lots of hurdles had to be overcome including CPO`s and agreements from many people with fingers in the pie.

Southend - Plans announced in 1998 - Greenfield site - ermm... not started yet.

Both similar size clubs, similar obstacles to overcome linked to shuffling of land use for housing etc.

And "The Chosen" are suggesting we are going to be upping sticks and into the "Stadio Bicester" within a few short years?

Call me a cynic if you like but......
7th June 1995 Robin Herd & OUFC announce new stadium to be built by end of century. Construction began in 1996. Robin Herd then ran out of money and the club was sold to Kassam.

February 2000 work recommenced and first game took place in August 2001.

So, despite the original owners going bust and some issues with covenants etc which had to be overcome for the rest of the site to be developed, just 6 and a half years to "rack up and drop a football ground"

I'd say the new investors with their considerable experience and expertise should be in with a good shout of achieving their aims.

7th June 1995 Robin Herd & OUFC announce new stadium to be built by end of century. Construction began in 1996. Robin Herd then ran out of money and the club was sold to Kassam.

So, despite the original owners going bust and some issues with covenants etc which had to be overcome for the rest of the site to be developed, just 6 and a half years to "rack up and drop a football ground"

I'd say the new investors with their considerable experience and expertise should be in with a good shout of achieving their aims.

How long did it take to find a site to develop a stadium on though? I'm pretty sure they were looking way before 1995.

20 years later and itโ€™s still not finished!

Using Audi Field as a reference point, they confirmed the site in 2013, broke ground in 2017 and finished in 2018. Plough Lane was 2015 confirmation to 2020 completion.

Id assume a land deal is close or resolved and weโ€™re at the start of that window.

When FK bought it the planning was in place, the footings were in, there was standing structural steelwork hence it was "finished" quickly.

When the Community Asset case was in court FK tried to separate the West Stand footings, car park & East Stand "void" from the ground and failed.

Just imagine if some rich benefactor was to trundle along and offer to buy and improve the overall site...... around 27 acres of what is now effectively brownfield can fit a lot of economically active stuff on it.

Using Audi Field as a reference point, they confirmed the site in 2013, broke ground in 2017 and finished in 2018. Plough Lane was 2015 confirmation to 2020 completion.

Id assume a land deal is close or resolved and weโ€™re at the start of that window.

Land deal is probably the easy part......... until the natives find out a football ground is being dumped in their village/town etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom