Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that after having the first offer to buy the stadium turned down then FK,refusing to meet to discuss a second offer the board set about finding a site for a new stadium with strong connections to Oxford university’s.
If a plan is in place my concern is how is being kept so quiet.

I understand that after having the first offer to buy the stadium turned down then FK,refusing to meet to discuss a second offer the board set about finding a site for a new stadium with strong connections to Oxford university’s.
If a plan is in place my concern is how is being kept so quiet.
The main players do not reside in the country thus reducing the overheard chats in the office. The information is kept close to chest on a need to know basis and one assumes there's something in place re disclosure with those in negotiations .

The main players do not reside in the country thus reducing the overheard chats in the office. The information is kept close to chest on a need to know basis and one assumes there's something in place re disclosure with those in negotiations .
Sorry maybe I should have been a bit clearer , plan being in at least discussions with one or more of our local councils.

The other outlets are owned by different people/companies ?

What is the cost to buy and then repair the stadium and build a 4th stand

I don't think the area could handle Extra traffic that the Championship would bring, it's bad enough now with 5/6/7 thousand gates. The bus takes 45 minutes from the Train station then you face a 30 minute + wait in the cold and often pouring rain waiting for a bus back to then be crammed in like sardines, not an experience to encourage attendance especially with children. This becomes worse for night games when you've only 1 train remaining to get home and having travelled back with away fans it's not an ideal experience and often worse for them too

The whole grenoble Road site is owned by Kassam, the hotels,Holywood bowl etc all lease the units

Now I'm not saying we should buy the stadium and build a 4th stand as there is no money to be made. What I am saying is buy the lot, stadium, ozone, overflow , priory, completely refigure the whole lot even build higher , underground carparks etc.

Not sure how much that would cost but building new on new land isn't cheap when you have to pay for road adaptions, more in planning, connecting up to the mains etc.

The whole grenoble Road site is owned by Kassam, the hotels,Holywood bowl etc all lease the units

Now I'm not saying we should buy the stadium and build a 4th stand as there is no money to be made. What I am saying is buy the lot, stadium, ozone, overflow , priory, completely refigure the whole lot even build higher , underground carparks etc.

Not sure how much that would cost but building new on new land isn't cheap when you have to pay for road adaptions, more in planning, connecting up to the mains etc.
It won't cost our board a penny, because it isn't for sale and never will be. Time to move on...

Not sure how much that would cost but building new on new land isn't cheap when you have to pay for road adaptions, more in planning, connecting up to the mains ete
Exactly. How on earth can you propose something without remotely knowing the cost.
I would think that your idea would be massively cost prohibitive.
The owners if oufc will want to make some money out of the land they acquire. Not be £10m's down

Exactly. How on earth can you propose something without remotely knowing the cost.
I would think that your idea would be massively cost prohibitive.
The owners if oufc will want to make some money out of the land they acquire. Not be £10m's down
Quite - I am aware of the figures of what that would cost from people incredibly itk at the club and it's a total non-starter. I am not going to post them in detail here because that would betray confidences which I'm not prepared to do but suffice to say the purchase cost of the current stadium based on the amount FK would want and the amount of money needed to refurbish it is almost the same as the cost of establishing a brand new bigger capacity stadium with four sides and much enhanced other facilities built in. At the site that has been earmarked, you then have a lot of space to establish the associated revenue-generating facilities and you can design/build these from scratch so that they represent more than some third rate fast food outlets and bowling. And to boot, it's in a much better location for transport and doesn't stink of s**t due to the neighbouring sewage works.

The price element is just one aspect of course. Another is how successful you think a Kassam stadium purchase negotiation will be. Does anyone think he really wants to do a deal (20 years of evidence suggests the total opposite) and even if he did, that it would be a nice, straightforward journey with the club coming out with a tidy result that we'd all think secured the club's future without all sorts of strings attached?

Are you saying I have no common sense & I am spouting bulls**t? And do tell me about your research - we might all learn something?
I am not going to re-post all that I have already placed on this thread. I would be surprised if, in your "professional" capacity, you have not come across most, if not all of the material.
It is also worth reading the posts from those who have been involved with the stadium question, whether through OxVox or otherwise.

Quite - I am aware of the figures of what that would cost from people incredibly itk at the club and it's a total non-starter. I am not going to post them in detail here because that would betray confidences which I'm not prepared to do but suffice to say the purchase cost of the current stadium based on the amount FK would want and the amount of money needed to refurbish it is almost the same as the cost of establishing a brand new bigger capacity stadium with four sides and much enhanced other facilities built in. At the site that has been earmarked, you then have a lot of space to establish the associated revenue-generating facilities and you can design/build these from scratch so that they represent more than some third rate fast food outlets and bowling. And to boot, it's in a much better location for transport and doesn't stink of s**t due to the neighbouring sewage works.

The price element is just one aspect of course. Another is how successful you think a Kassam stadium purchase negotiation will be. Does anyone think he really wants to do a deal (20 years of evidence suggests the total opposite) and even if he did, that it would be a nice, straightforward journey with the club coming out with a tidy result that we'd all think secured the club's future without all sorts of strings attached?
You could also be certain that if the Stadium had potential for extra income uncle F would be allover it.

what does he/firoka gain outside of getting our rent

How do you know it’s not for sale?
How do I know Kassam's families inheritance isn't for sale? How do I know the ozone AND the stadium isn't for sale when the stadium itself isn't for sale and he's rejected every offer?

Just a hunch I guess!

He won't sell the stadium unless you were to offer millions above what it's worth, the Ozone is hardly Disneyland and that would be the same scenario. It's an absolute non-starter and pie in the sky to even imagine it.

It's like discussing whether the new board are going to buy the new Westgate and build our stadium on the roof, it's never going to happen (unfortunately!! 😆 ) .

As time goes on as we get older things can change none of us would know what Kassams intentions are for the future?

How do I know Kassam's families inheritance isn't for sale? How do I know the ozone AND the stadium isn't for sale when the stadium itself isn't for sale and he's rejected every offer?

Just a hunch I guess!

He won't sell the stadium unless you were to offer millions above what it's worth, the Ozone is hardly Disneyland and that would be the same scenario. It's an absolute non-starter and pie in the sky to even imagine it.

It's like discussing whether the new board are going to buy the new Westgate and build our stadium on the roof, it's never going to happen (unfortunately!! 😆 ) .
Now there’s a thought
Good access all round, close to station and all bus routes plenty of watering holes nearby. Empty unit next to Ann Summers for the club shop.
You ITK Wu Tang

7th June 1995 Robin Herd & OUFC announce new stadium to be built by end of century. Construction began in 1996. Robin Herd then ran out of money and the club was sold to Kassam.

February 2000 work recommenced and first game took place in August 2001.

So, despite the original owners going bust and some issues with covenants etc which had to be overcome for the rest of the site to be developed, just 6 and a half years to "rack up and drop a football ground"

I'd say the new investors with their considerable experience and expertise should be in with a good shout of achieving their aims.
Don’t forget the considerable brown envelopes.

Oxford city council own the Priory ....FK is the Piory leaseholder.....think FK owns pretty much the rest of the building etc there

Now there’s a thought
Good access all round, close to station and all bus routes plenty of watering holes nearby. Empty unit next to Ann Summers for the club shop.
You ITK Wu Tang
My source tells me the club shop will be sharing the space with Ann Summers, if you think that's exciting wait until you see the kit they're making for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom