Ex Player Ryan Williams

Considering their wage bill, and the fact they are offering reduced term contracts to some of their best players, I am going to say yes.
I’m not disputing it at all regarding there wasn’t much income last year other than sponsorship and ST sales and clubs can’t thrive on that alone. But I’m looking at Ipswich if ether acquire their rate gets they advertised going for then there wage bill will be ridiculous and will give them an unfair advantage.

I’m not disputing it at all regarding there wasn’t much income last year other than sponsorship and ST sales and clubs can’t thrive on that alone. But I’m looking at Ipswich if ether acquire their rate gets they advertised going for then there wage bill will be ridiculous and will give them an unfair advantage.
Will it though? We’ve seen teams do the same, only to bottle it and end up in the same division. It’s a risk, that in this economic climate, isn’t worth taking. I don’t believe a model like the one Ipswich has, is something we should envy.

From what I remember of him, not the biggest but gets stuck in, always seemed determined to win the ball back and his first thought seemed to be to go past the defender in front of him. Similar to Alex McDonald but with pace.

I reckon he'll be a real asset, especially with his experience. I'm sure we will be signing a couple of young wingers for which Williams will be able to help their development also.

Always liked him. I was hoping he would sign for us two summers ago when he went to Pompey, so I’m pretty pleased to see him. I like that he’s a decent player first and foremost, good pace etc, but he has a doggedness and work rate that I think is really important and that we have often lacked. Hylton, MacDonald, Maguire - all players who worked hard as well as being decent technically for the level we were at. You don’t succeed without players like that, so I think this is a really important signing. A quiet little boy he is not.

Great age, too. You need young prospects who you can develop and look to sell on, but you also need experienced players in their prime for the here and now, who can make an immediate impact without having to learn the ropes. At 27 he’s experienced yet physically in his prime, which is ideal. Lots of positives.

Also, if Chris Williams and I got married and I took his name, my name would be Ryan Williams. Perfect.

A very good signing for this level. Solid, dependable, relatively quick and strong. Anyone who's judging him on his spell with us years ago should remember that he originally signed the same season as Ruffels, and we don't judge Josh on what he did in his first year with us.

Considering their wage bill, and the fact they are offering reduced term contracts to some of their best players, I am going to say yes.
I don't think they are "skint" per se, they are apparently looking to renew in a more sustainable way.

Will it though? We’ve seen teams do the same, only to bottle it and end up in the same division. It’s a risk, that in this economic climate, isn’t worth taking. I don’t believe a model like the one Ipswich has, is something we should envy.
Wonder if FFP will be in force

Always liked him. I was hoping he would sign for us two summers ago when he went to Pompey, so I’m pretty pleased to see him. I like that he’s a decent player first and foremost, good pace etc, but he has a doggedness and work rate that I think is really important and that we have often lacked. Hylton, MacDonald, Maguire - all players who worked hard as well as being decent technically for the level we were at. You don’t succeed without players like that, so I think this is a really important signing. A quiet little boy he is not.

Great age, too. You need young prospects who you can develop and look to sell on, but you also need experienced players in their prime for the here and now, who can make an immediate impact without having to learn the ropes. At 27 he’s experienced yet physically in his prime, which is ideal. Lots of positives.

Also, if Chris Williams and I got married and I took his name, my name would be Ryan Williams. Perfect.
Mentioning 'physical' is the eye catcher. We need players who are ours who have that tenacity to hold onto the ball and win it back if they don't.

Now, about this wedding, have you got a venue in mind for the reception and when do I get my invite? Bear in mind, a few sausage rolls and a glass of Aldi Prosecco won't cut the mustard here!

Or alternatively they've realised they've been paying over the odds for some players. A number of them have been on twice what we were paying our players over previous seasons.

This is getting to much now, twice i have now been thwarted in saying “ have we signed anyone yet? “
Ah yes but you can revert to 'why haven't we signed a 20 goal a season striker yet?'

• React
Reactions: m
Wonder if FFP will be in force
Of course. You can’t just sign players on free transfers and then P**s away millions on wages. It’s all to do with profits/loss against net spend. Im not sure if any investments can be looked at as profits? Either way, you can’t buy your way out of this league.

Yes I hope he'll be a wing-Hylton!!

Mentioning 'physical' is the eye catcher. We need players who are ours who have that tenacity to hold onto the ball and win it back if they don't.

Now, about this wedding, have you got a venue in mind for the reception and when do I get my invite? Bear in mind, a few sausage rolls and a glass of Aldi Prosecco won't cut the mustard here!
I’m not inviting you. Your hysterical wailing will completely drown out the harp player, and after a couple of glasses you’ll be all over the likes of Anythony Tonkin and Ben Purkiss like a cheap floozie.

Back
Top Bottom