National News Sir Keir Starmer

Eu1dRXTXMAEfQq5

May as well tell Russia to f**k off and go elsewhere, problem is though where. We just can’t tell Vlad or any other Oligarchs how much they should charge.
Or maybe the government should have a better energy strategy. You know, don't let the gas industry close down their gas storage facilities so we only have capacity for 2% of our annual usage of gas. Maybe? Other major European average is over 25% meaning they can ride out sudden increases in price better.

20211006_212012.jpg
Screenshot_20211006_212552_com.android.chrome.jpg

Or maybe the government should have a better energy strategy. You know, don't let the gas industry close down their gas storage facilities so we only have capacity for 2% of our annual usage of gas. Maybe? Other major European average is over 25% meaning they can ride out sudden increases in price better.

View attachment 7288
View attachment 7289

Greta doesn`t like gas..... keep up.

Solar and wind.............. greeeeeeeennnnnn.

View attachment 7288
View attachment 7289
So the energy companies that buy and acquire gas don’t have any say in how much they can acquire? That’s down to the government is it?

View attachment 7288
View attachment 7289

Hopefully global warming will see to it that we have a very mild winter.

So the energy companies that buy and acquire gas don’t have any say in how much they can acquire? That’s down to the government is it?
No. They can buy what they want but what they don't want to do is build storage facilities (less money for shareholders see) and the government says 'ok you don't have to replace the assets we sold you at a cut down price when we privatised this national utility'. Or words to that effect.

No. They can buy what they want but what they don't want to do is build storage facilities (less money for shareholders see) and the government says 'ok you don't have to replace the assets we sold you at a cut down price when we privatised this national utility'. Or words to that effect.
That unfortunately nis what has happened the government can’t force them to fill up, but after the government bailed out the fertiliser plants who stopped work because of the price of gas with financial aid you would think good old Kwarsi would call them in. The issue then would be the even steeper hikes in energy jills as they would have to but at the inflated price stem by the good old commies

As I said, no strategy.

Haven`t you noticed the increase in waste from energy plants (one by the M40, one by the M5, one being built by the M1) wind turbines & solar farms across the UK & the demolition of fossil fuel power plants like Didcot?
Can`t just switch overnight and it`s happening which is driven by strategy and planning I would say.
Hey you could even use less and save money..........and the planet. :)

Well one of my children is positive after being told by Johnson that schools are safe so what do you think?
One of mine has been off from school positive, and asthmatic, loads of others have too... but not one other parent I have spoken to thinks the kids shouldn't be at school, so genuinely curious what you think should be done differently that doesn't overly negatively impact their education?

One of mine has been off from school positive, and asthmatic, loads of others have too... but not one other parent I have spoken to thinks the kids shouldn't be at school, so genuinely curious what you think should be done differently that doesn't overly negatively impact their education?
But in fairness I haven't said children shouldn't go back to school. So why do you make things up? There are many things the government could have done if it really cares about our children.

Firstly if our vaccinate roll out for u18 was world beating we'd have higher rates like many European countries.

And then they'd this...

But in fairness I haven't said children shouldn't go back to school. So why do you make things up? There are many things the government could have done if it really cares about our children.

Firstly if our vaccinate roll out for u18 was world beating we'd have higher rates like many European countries.

And then they'd this...

That’s all fair enough.

But if you really, truly believe that a lack of Covid measures are going to make your children seriously ill, why on earth send them in ? home school them.

Make your own stand and take legal action, put your energy and anger demonstrated on here to better use?

That’s all fair enough.

But if you really, truly believe that a lack of Covid measures are going to make your children seriously ill, why on earth send them in ? home school them.

Make your own stand and take legal action, put your energy and anger demonstrated on here to better use?
Because I need to pay the mortgage! Duh!

Last edited:

And then they'd this...

I think it is a fair supposition that you are saying kids shouldn't be at school when you suggest they are unsafe, and only Boris is suggesting they are. I asked what you would do differently and not for a screen grab of Twitter, so the one thing you mention is vaccinating kids, where do you stand on low risk children getting jabs whilst front line workers and those at risk in large parts of the rest of the world don't? personally it doesn't sit very well with me.

It's one or the other. I would have preferred the government had gone down the route of maintaining and enhancing mitigation actions rather than the vaccination route for the reason you say. However it hasn't and it's lagging behind on its chosen approach.

But maybe better late than never.

Schools will take(and are taking) matters into their own hands when it comes to taking Covid precautions.

They can't wait around for this Government to take action because infection rates are already significantly above the average of this time last year. And it is not only schools, but because everything else has fully opened up, from after school activities to leisure, retail and grassroots youth sport, there is nothing to break the transmission routes, not to mention the huge potential that creates for virus mutations. And not to mention all the other seasonal diseases which are now letting rip.

So here we are, back to where many of us thought we would be, that it is all down to personal choice and responsibility.....which is bound to work out OK.....right??

Stay safe, get your jabs and boosters when you're called and protect the vulnerable!

So here we are, back to where many of us thought we would be, that it is all down to personal choice and responsibility.....which is bound to work out OK.....right??
As my youngest said yesterday 'daddy, what's the point of guidance if people don't follow it?'.

Out of the mouth of babies eh. . If only @Essexyellows could understand this.

Back
Top Bottom