General Stadium Disrepair

I've spoken to the club today..The exceptional horizontal rain combined with stadium leaks led to the conditions last night. It affected all stands. I've asked for further mitigation to be looked into, and we'll follow that up.

It was alright at the top of the North stand.

I mean, we still had to watch the same shite football match and that, but it wasn't too wet or slippery.

• React
Reactions: QR
On leaving the ground on Tuesday, near the burger van corner, I came across a couple of people who had fallen. The injuries did not appear serious and they had plenty of people around them giving help so I did not stop. I did not witness the accident but I believe they walked into upright barriers [the sort of barrier used to stop people parking outside an office block] , there is a line of maybe 4/5 barriers presumably to stop cars exiting through that gap. They are painted black so difficult to see particularly on a dark wet night, I hope someone who was involved or saw the incident will contact the club. Some high viz paint might be a solution if these barriers are necessary.

On leaving the ground on Tuesday, near the burger van corner, I came across a couple of people who had fallen. The injuries did not appear serious and they had plenty of people around them giving help so I did not stop. I did not witness the accident but I believe they walked into upright barriers [the sort of barrier used to stop people parking outside an office block] , there is a line of maybe 4/5 barriers presumably to stop cars exiting through that gap. They are painted black so difficult to see particularly on a dark wet night, I hope someone who was involved or saw the incident will contact the club. Some high viz paint might be a solution if these barriers are necessary.

Oh that makes sense why a steward with a hi vis was standing near said barriers warning people about them when I left the east stand. Stadium is becoming a health and safety nightmare with the slippery floors (the east stand mens toilets are always like it due to the leaking toilets) and the lack of lighting around the stadium and the walk back to the overflow carpark. An overhanging branch at head height in the overflow carpark was an accident waiting to happen too. I think someone took it upon themselves to snap the branch off and put it on the floor as it wasn't there on the return journey.

Oh that makes sense why a steward with a hi vis was standing near said barriers warning people about them when I left the east stand. Stadium is becoming a health and safety nightmare with the slippery floors (the east stand mens toilets are always like it due to the leaking toilets) and the lack of lighting around the stadium and the walk back to the overflow carpark. An overhanging branch at head height in the overflow carpark was an accident waiting to happen too. I think someone took it upon themselves to snap the branch off and put it on the floor as it wasn't there on the return journey.
Yet all the new chappy seems to want to do is bend over backwards to comply with TVP 'advice' to move kick off times back from 3pm to 12.30pm , and justifying his spurious reasons for doing so.( Yet BR chair opted for a 3pm ko this Saturday, going against the advice of Avon & Somerset police)- the club it seems keep employing people who appear to be determined to do exactly the opposite of improving the matchday experience. So much so its got me wondering if Ian Mixter has been reinstalled

We (and the club) have questioned the need for these posts, and the potential for an accident, ever since they were installed. They were not put in for matchday purposes.
They are now being removed.

We (and the club) have questioned the need for these posts, and the potential for an accident, ever since they were installed. They were not put in for matchday purposes.
They are now being removed.

Can anything be done about the lack of lighting down the side of the ozone where the club shop/ old bingo hall is? After the game it's very difficult to see where the bollards and the curbs are and I've seen a couple of people fall over down there already this season.

I know that isn't the stadium so isn't technically the clubs responsibility but safety for the clubs customers should be paramount and they should be pushing the land owner or council to take action especially when it's a safety issue.

Can anything be done about the lack of lighting down the side of the ozone where the club shop/ old bingo hall is? After the game it's very difficult to see where the bollards and the curbs are and I've seen a couple of people fall over down there already this season.

I know that isn't the stadium so isn't technically the clubs responsibility but safety for the clubs customers should be paramount and they should be pushing the land owner or council to take action especially when it's a safety issue.
Yes, you are right about where the responsibility sits. We discussed on our last meeting and raised with Head of Safety. I'll make sure OxVox have it on the list of things to raise with the Council Safety Advisory Group.

Thought I was going to break my neck there on Tuesday. So easy to slip and do yourself serious injury! Unacceptable really!

Just as bad exiting past the club shop and to minchery farm road to go under the railway bridge.

Some really simple things would make the stadium much safer, especially when wet, the steps should have yellow paint on the edge of each step that is rough to the touch to aid grip, most of it is gone or worn down, really wouldn't take much to fix this.

I'm sure the club will blame the StadCo and StadCo will do nothing though....

This is a video I took in March 2017 whilst setting up a display, this was a regular occurrence following moderate rainfall before a match day. The East Stand leaks like a sieve and I would be astonished if they've made any repairs to this in the 7 years since. If it's now dropping into the concourse, this is probably why...

I think you can see me catching a carp there?

Extremely slippery steps when leaving the SSU (Block 9 end) this evening.

An accident waiting to happen for one of the more senior supporters, I expect.
I could not believe how dangerous the steps were at the back of SSU.
I am over seventy now and still nimble, but those slippery steps at the top were very worrying.
After working in a factory for over 50 years, I am astonished that the Health & Safety have not clamped down on the stadium owners.
There is lots of issues including serving food etc. with no hot water in the toilets and they have the cheek to have some of the taps with red marking!!

Ummm I don't suppose we have a maintenance man ??? I mean what a sad state of affairs...Screenshot_2024-01-29-11-42-55-74_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom