Transfer News Summer 2023 Post-Transfer Window

Marriot may be a decent player, and he may have improved us.

But that amount of money would feel like we were having our trousers pulled down - and I don't want that for OUFC.
Is it still pants down if it gets us promoted though? That repays itself several times over.

I'm not even that convinced Marriott was the answer (whatever his fee). He is an eleven (or so) goals a season striker - certainly not to be sniffed at but not someone that is suddenly going to completely change the team. If you do bring in the fee, he suddenly looks like poor value. We are going to have to hope that GoD and Perkins step up - which is by no means a given IMO.

I'm not even that convinced Marriott was the answer (whatever his fee). He is an eleven (or so) goals a season striker - certainly not to be sniffed at but not someone that is suddenly going to completely change the team. If you do bring in the fee, he suddenly looks like poor value. We are going to have to hope that GoD and Perkins step up - which is by no means a given IMO.
Marriott would of scored a couple of goals in the first half with the amount of crosses fizzing across the 6 yard box as there was never nobody in there to tap in that will be the difference between promotion and staying in league 1

Agreed. As a moderator are you able to issue warnings to people if there grammar is bad?
On some forums I've been on in the past, you could set up an automatic replace for certain words or phrases - not sure if this is possible on this one, but you could set it up to autocorrect that

On some forums I've been on in the past, you could set up an automatic replace for certain words or phrases - not sure if this is possible on this one, but you could set it up to autocorrect that

A tempting prospect.

Is it still pants down if it gets us promoted though? That repays itself several times over.

I suppose it's a valid suggestion for a discussion topic but how would you even start to verify an answer to that question? There will be millions of reasons why we do or don't get promoted.

"Would have"...

There has been a rise in "Would of" on this forum, it does make me sad.
Not only that, a few people are using 'would of' when they should be using 'might have' or 'could have' - unless of course they have the gift of infallible prophesy. If the latter, please DM me as there are a few bits of information I could do with.

Back
Top Bottom