Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under Robinson it would now be time to start scouring the fried chicken shops of England for out of contract players, don’t think that’s necessary this year.

Herbie Kane getting ripped to shreds by barnsley fans on twitter because he posted about kiching going to Coventry. Ouch

Poor window. I'm presuming that's light hearted. The club has been rebuilt this summer. Good players all over the pitch and even on the bench. Hopefully we are still in a good position come January, when we will only need a top up, not a whole new skeleton.

Just been scouring the wider list of transfers today and I'm suprised and delighted by the relatively weak recruitment in League One.

We rightly focus on what we do, but I was expecting Derby or Barnsley or maybe Peterborough to do something impressive - I'm not seeing it.

We're top of the league on merit and from what I can see no-one has done anything to suggest we should fear them any more than we did a week ago.

I honestly think it's opening up for us. I'm nervously excited, like when you know you're going to get laid as long as you don't say something to f**k it up.

Keep calm Oxford. We're horny, now seal the deal.

A solid 9 out of ten window. As always, we were all fart and no s**t when it came to getting in the striker to seal the deal, but that is to be expected after so many windows.

We've given ourselves a chance.
Not sure about that. If you go down that analogy, it's a fart we're not sure we can trust.

I honestly think it's opening up for us. I'm nervously excited, like when you know you're going to get laid as long as you don't say something to f**k it up.

Keep calm Oxford. We're horny, now seal the deal.
Condoms come in all different flavours now, don’t they? Like strawberry and curry and that.

Do you like curry?

Absolutely awesome window!

After the mess we were in, to have rebuilt in such a major way, in one window, and put us in such a strong position moving forward, is an amazing achievement, that deserves a lot of credit an appreciation for all those involved.

Well done Liam and the recruitment team, for identifying what was needed, and a big thank you to the board for making it happen 👏 👏 👏

Now let's smash this league!

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!

I’m glad we didn’t bring in Marriott. Could be half million down the drain as I find it hard to believe he’d be a prolific goal scorer and it’s great that Gats will get more game time alongside Perkins who is highly rated. Hopefully Harris won’t pick up any injuries but if Brannagan, Maguane or Moore got injured it would be a similar crisis.

How amateurish are those at Bristol Rovers. They got one registered striker by the looks of it.

They won’t be threatening the top six, couldn’t happen to a nicer c**t either. f*****g hate Barton.

Last edited:
Nearly a perfect window but I fear the striker situation is going to cost us. Not against the likes of Port Vale, who we should brush aside today, but in bigger head to heads if we remain in the pack. God help us if Harris pulls up and is there really anyone challenging him ? His he fearful of his place ? I know nothing about the lad Perkins but suddenly he seems our great hope - to not only cover for Harris but to bang in goals too. A successful side will generally see its strike force score 35 minimum. Harris 18, Perkins 10, O’Donkor 7 - possible I guess, it’s just hard to imagine right now Perkins and O’Donkor getting 15 to 20 between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom