Transfer News Summer Transfer Preview

Firstly, I'm not saying I would be desperate to keep McEachran. But he is under contract for us next year, so there isn't really a decision to make on JM unless and until another club comes in for him (he's certainly not so bad that we would want to pay him off, the way we did Wildschut last year)

But I reject the notion that it's recency bias with McGuane. He's now played over 150 games over four seasons for us, so we have a very good idea of his pros and cons, his abilities and limitations.

He's been terrific for us in five months out of those four years - the month before he got hurt during his loan spell, and then August/September in both 2022/23 and 2023/24.

And that just isn't enough. Couple that with the fact that he's not a good style fit for Des' system, and I'm moving on and looking for someone more consistent
we’ve been light in midfield all season.
McGuane didn’t feature first game of the season , think it was Mceachran Brannagan. But after the Bristol game, was hammered game wise.. poor player management.
Mceachran although limited game time, has yet to prove he can manage 2 consecutive games,
I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. Murphy, Brown, Harris even Sykes have been questioned in the past.
All have since proved themselves, so will McGuane.

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. Murphy, Brown, Harris even Sykes have been questioned in the past.
All have since proved themselves, so will McGuane.

All those four had silenced (almost all of) the doubters well before they'd played 100 games in yellow.

McGuane has played more than 150, and the questions surrounding him are louder than they've ever been because he's been poor now for six months.

I hope you're right. But I think that if he is going to fulfill his undoubted talent, it's going to be somewhere other than here, where he's a better fit for their style of play.

All those four had silenced (almost all of) the doubters well before they'd played 100 games in yellow.

McGuane has played more than 150, and the questions surrounding him are louder than they've ever been because he's been poor now for six months.

I hope you're right. But I think that if he is going to fulfill his undoubted talent, it's going to be somewhere other than here, where he's a better fit for their style of play.
It will be interesting to see if Manning comes in for him if he is released.

Back
Top Bottom