Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, quite.

I was addressing folk asking where Murphy is and his current status. As yet, we have little evidence that he can consistently provide in any meaningful way for the money that is being spent on him.

I think it's clear now the recruitment 'team' had little influence over last summer's deals. A lesson for all when you move away from the 'process' and 'structure' in place and the lasting damage that can be created.
I suspect if you ask Mark Thomas whether things have improved for him at Derby, he would probably say he should have stayed at Oxford! You look at Derby's signings and listening to Paul Warne, its very much 'his' team. So glad to see that we seem to have a more collaborative approach to recruitment.

Henry's been great for us for years, and I"m not sure why some people seem to get such pleasure at the idea of him being booted out of the club. Even if you don't think he'll be good enough after his injuries, surely show some respect to a great club servant.
James Henry has been brilliant for us and is something like the twelfth highest scorer in our history. It’s not clear how much he’ll play now on account of injury but as you say I can’t understand why people aren’t more respectful.

As for Murphy, I really want him to get a run of games so we can see for ourselves whether he’s any good or not.

I suspect if you ask Mark Thomas whether things have improved for him at Derby, he would probably say he should have stayed at Oxford! You look at Derby's signings and listening to Paul Warne, its very much 'his' team. So glad to see that we seem to have a more collaborative approach to recruitment.
It sounds like a bit of a poor career move by Mark Thomas ( although Warne could be out in a couple of weeks which could potentially change things)

It sounds like a bit of a poor career move by Mark Thomas ( although Warne could be out in a couple of weeks which could potentially change things)

Whoever manages them is going to have a hard task, they remind me very much of Sheffield Wednesday in regards of splashing the money on older players and gambling on injury prone players. No wonder Darren Moore is being linked to take over when Warne leaves.

Whoever manages them is going to have a hard task, they remind me very much of Sheffield Wednesday in regards of splashing the money on older players and gambling on injury prone players. No wonder Darren Moore is being linked to take over when Warne leaves.

I would have thought Karl's track record would fit nicely as well, although he's hardly Yorkshire.

“Hellooooooooo ladies!”

View attachment 15185

It's a good likeness. You could even say Karl and Val had a similar finisher.

Unfortunately Robinson's version of The Money Shot involved throwing outrageous sums of cash at unreliable and washed up players, rather than a daring frog splash off the fence end into the car park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom