Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless we’ve already come to a settlement with him and he’s now being paid a ‘normal’ wage to work behind the scenes, but he’s still had money out of us. Especially last season, when he was paid around £1,000 per minute of League One football.

£60,000 per hour 😂

You would have thought that we would have announced something like that though? Hardly the sort of thing that needs to be kept secret? Strange situation, he is still about but never get’s mentioned, even told someone at the open day that he will never play again so the club should probably put a release out to clear it up and then he can give an interview, the only person who any blame can be attached to has left the club so no reason not to.

At £60,000 an hour he can probably afford a house in Tackley, maybe only a two bed though.

Does anyone on here know exactly what the situation is with Baldock? Does he still have an active playing contract with the club? Is there any chance he will play for anyone again? I am amazed that the media aren’t asking these questions?

Does anyone on here know exactly what the situation is with Baldock? Does he still have an active playing contract with the club? Is there any chance he will play for anyone again? I am amazed that the media aren’t asking these questions?
Having spoken to him yesterday, he won't be playing for anyone again... too many injuries have finished him off.

And yet there were some, some of whom are very forthcoming on this forum, who continued to back the complete Cnut until the bitter end.

It doesn't end though. It just evolves.

It's the same people who have spent this Summer earnestly telling us that this will be the season it clicks for Josh Murphy or that Simon Eastwood should be our No.1.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Having spoken to him yesterday, he won't be playing for anyone again... too many injuries have finished him off.
Got the same answer from him face to face. He's moving into a role with the club, not coaching.
I was also told that in the absence of an official club announcement, Baldock is just telling everybody he meets. No idea why the club doesn't just come out and make it official.

Yes awful.
But there could be one fantastic signing there.
Negru is down as back up. I think that he has shown that he could be far better than that. One of the fantastic CBs we have signed in the past few years?
What's even more laughable is that he's one of the only non-Robbo signings on there, we have him and McGinty as leaving presents from Mark Thomas and our scouting department.

Just to step this on to include this season's minutes and status now that Wildschut has gone and Baldock basically confirmed as retired.
Woeful woeful woeful.

View attachment 15189

Just based on their wages, not signing on fees, transfer fees, or any pay offs, the numbers for Yanic and Djavan are astonishing. They have a combined equivalent appearance record of 26 games, and that equates to £20,000 per appearance, per man!

I actually quite liked Djavan, but these two panic signings in particular show the complete mess we were in this time last year.

I actually quite liked Djavan, but these two panic signings in particular show the complete mess we were in this time last year.
At least we’ll always have the brilliant image of Djavan flying around like Phileas Fogg after someone realised he wouldn’t qualify for a work permit without sitting on Lazio’s bench, one day before the deadline.

Always been tempted to get a Lazio shirt with Anderson 99 on the back.

Got the same answer from him face to face. He's moving into a role with the club, not coaching.
I was also told that in the absence of an official club announcement, Baldock is just telling everybody he meets. No idea why the club doesn't just come out and make it official.
In related news, the club has announced that they are "close" to finalising a deal with the new Olly the Ox mascot for 2023/2024.

Makes sense him.moving into another role in.the club. It sounds as if he doesn't want to go into coaching, but there are probably a few things where he could add value and get experience in.
Agree that it is odd that the club don't announce it, but maybe they want to agree everything with Baldock first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom