Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
McAnthony has said he’s being realistic, he doesn’t want 3/4 million, sounds like 1-1.5 million including add ons would get the deal done.

Peterborough are going a completely different way with the squad now in terms of youth and development.

This is a deal that could be done, just depends how much we want it
I can’t see us shelling out that sort of money and I’m not sure I’d want us to. Surely something around the £300-400k mark would get us a more than adequate player to help ease the workload for Sparky.

I can’t see us shelling out that sort of money and I’m not sure I’d want us to. Surely something around the £300-400k mark would get us a more than adequate player to help ease the workload for Sparky.
That has proved impossible so far, look at the Marriott situation.

McAnthony has said he’s being realistic, he doesn’t want 3/4 million, sounds like 1-1.5 million including add ons would get the deal done.

Peterborough are going a completely different way with the squad now in terms of youth and development.

The thing is he is 30 next year, so coupled with his contract ending in less than 12 months, means he’s prob worth 500k max. Unlikely to be much sell on value in another 2-3 years time. He’d be a great addition at the right price, but certainly not worth going over the top for him and might not fit our model?

We've picked Sparky up for a good signing on fee and a good wage do the same there are players out there. Patience will be rewarded we have a couple of weeks left, save the money for January

Who’s ST?

I find it really annoying when people use initials, assuming we all know who they mean.

Is it too much trouble to spend an extra couple of seconds typing out their full name?
Scott Twine. Initially confused me as I thought the meant a striker.

Anyway CB, are you going to the game today? I'm hoping that CB can bag a hat trick, and that CB can put in a performance like last year that led to him being voted player of the season.

I also wonder if JT is fit and will play at CB, or if SN has done enough to convince Manning he's our best CB.

Anyway CB, are you going to the game today? I'm hoping that CB can bag a hat trick, and that CB can put in a performance like last year that led to him being voted player of the season.

I also wonder if JT is fit and will play at CB, or if SN has done enough to convince Manning he's our best CB.
I thought ST was season tickets… Christ, what a mess.

Any player as got to keep convincing the manager Ferguson never took prisoners and I think Manning will be more about the team than the player.

Too many TLA’s

FFS…………:ROFLMAO:

No way he will get that & he will get less in January & nothing next summer if he doesn’t sell him. If there’s a deal to be done, it will be done soon. They will want time to replace him. I think £750k rising to £1m would get the deal done from Peterborough’s point of view imo. 750k now or lose him for nothing in the summer, as much as Mcanthony has said he’s prepared to lose him for nothing, he’s also no fool and is a businessman.

The thing is he is 30 next year, so coupled with his contract ending in less than 12 months, means he’s prob worth 500k max. Unlikely to be much sell on value in another 2-3 years time. He’d be a great addition at the right price, but certainly not worth going over the top for him and might not fit our model?
A club might make an offer to loan him for his final year for a substantial loan fee and 100% of his wages (circa 6k per week). Say, £500,000 with a possible additional payment if said club is promoted at the end of the season. We paid £250,000 in loan fees for Herbie Kane two years ago, so we already have form for a deal of that nature.

Clarke-Harris will be 30 next summer, so there’s virtually no resale value and very little if any recoup on whatever fee you pay to bring him in. Plus with a loan you at least only pay him what he’s currently on for one year, so there are no negotiations on salary (and therefore no bidding war on that front) and you’re not committed to a 3-year contract on big money for a player who will spend the majority of that contract in his thirties.

Meanwhile, Peterborough get their highest earner off the wage bill in full and pocket a significant fee for a player who is going to walk for free unless a deal is done in the next fortnight, and the player gets games rather than risking being frozen out for a season and limiting his options next summer.

There’s a pathway to a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom